Why doesn't Sup Forums talk about this album?

Why doesn't Sup Forums talk about this album?

Highly derivative.

Both James brown & Gorgio Moredor need paychecks.

Good artists copy, great artists steal

this forever.

because its dusty as hell

Hey yayayeh...

Got nothing to say.

LOL why does Dr. Dre look funny?

we can talk about that album if you want user. i'm here for you.

Thanks user, its totally dope. I started listening to hip-hop like a year ago, and honestly I could listen to this album on repeat for ever.

In my mind "let me ride" connects this album not only to its funk foundation with the cool parliament/funkadelic sample, but also a deeper music history of black gospel and folk, the parliament song it's self being a reference to "swing low sweet chariot, a traditional piece."

It's misogynistic to the point of uncomfort, skits are terrible, Dre's rapping hasn't aged well, many people on the album sound stupid, and there are other albums that came out around the time that have aged better. I'll elaborate more later

Sup Forums doesn't talk about good albums.

which is why he's asking why we don't talk about pic related

The Day The Niggaz Took Over is a wild track and made me really appreciate Dre more

Because nig hop isn't music.

Sup Forums prefers Doggystyle

theres your answer

nuthin but a g thang is still one of the greatest rap songs i have ever heard

Speaking as someone who's favorite genre is hip hop, the biggest flaw with the chronic, as is with most hip hop, are that the rappers are simply kind of dumb and ego obsessed pieces of shit that write terrible lyrics
I dont know why i Love hip hop, i just enjoy it i guess, but the production is almost always at a higher quality than the lyrics

Gangster rap was a mistake

I think it works for The Chronic because the lyrics are just so cartoonishly and offensively ignorant towards everything that was happening at the time. It's impressive. Every time you think they're gonna say something slightly thoughtful they turn it around and support everything wrong with black culture. The stupidity definitely feels pointed and self aware, like the sample at the start of Rat-tat-tat-tat-tat. It also feels like Dre saw the formula of saying dumb shit and just rolled with it to rake in the money, while he really focussed on the beats. It works though

what kind of degenerate puts his own face on an album cover?

Nas, faggot.

Fair enough, I see what your saying. I guess i feel similarly about Young thug in that his lyrics reach a point of ridiculeousness that makes me laugh instead of rolling my eyes

Most ghetto Black people are shamelessly and blatantly obsessed with their egos, its the culture

i like the music but skits really are terrible

It's as good as 2001, so it gets forgotten easily.

It's literally one of the worst albums of all time.