ADHD/ADD fags come on in

ADHD/ADD fags come on in

>What you've tried
>What you liked best/worst and why

>Adderall XR
>Concerta, Metadate CD

Concerta worked great for about a month and a half and then it just didn't help at all. I've only tried extended release adhd medication but they don't seem to help regardless of dosing.

I took a 2 month long vacation cause it's summer so no college classes, came back and tried adderall xr, still didn't help in the least.

Has anyone else experienced ERs suddenly becoming not at all effective?

Other urls found in this thread:

cchrint.org/2013/08/13/prominent-psychiatrist-admits-he-helped-invent-adhd-as-a-disease/
psychologytoday.com/blog/rethinking-mental-health/201701/adhd-fictitious-disease
disclose.tv/news/Leon_Eisenberg_Admits_ADHD_Was_A_Big_Lie/90265
snopes.com/politics/quotes/adhd.asp
thermidormag.com/angela-nagles-wild-ride/
ewds.strath.ac.uk/View/Resource/tabid/6225/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/1007/Dr-Matthew-Smith-on-ADHD-and-Ritalin.aspx
scientificamerican.com/article/big-pharma-s-manufactured-epidemic-the-misdiagnosis-of-adhd/
washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jan/6/adhd-fake-disorder-neurologist-turned-author-says/
time.com/25370/doctor-adhd-does-not-exist/
abqjournal.com/985840/childhood-behavior-disorders-are-fiction.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Currently taking Adderall
Tried Adderall and concerta

Adderall is nice. I hallucinated on concerta, wouldn't recommend.

Addy is the only way to go my guy

That or just a bunch of cocaine

>What you're currently taking

Nothing besides smoking cannabis.

>What you've tried

Benstropine

Cannabis, that benstropine shit would make my body pulsate when i dont take it.

What the fuck? What kind of hallucinations? Colors, creatures, nightmares?

I liked concerta cause its release allowed me to eat or drink whatever I wanted without having to worry about acidity making it less effective.

not recreationally
Terrified of my heart exploding

I used to smoke weed a lot prior to being diagnosed last year cause it was the only time I could get my mind to slow the fuck down

does it mess up your memory and concept of time as badly as it does for me? I basically have short term memory loss on the shit so videogame campaigns that are complex are harder to get through

nothing as i am an adult
Ritalin
none

i regret not dealing Ritalin in university instead of working a min wage job for 6 bux an hour

Ridalin since i was 5 took 12 years to get off it thank god i did i wasnt eatting properly at all wouldnt eat until like 2 am and then id consume half the contents of our fridge i gained nearly 280 pounds and ive just started to lose it. Never taking adhd meds again and god help any doctor who tells me if my kids need it

ADD
Concerta, Ritalin, Adderal, a few others I can't remember

Currently takin concerta, it works pretty well but...what am I reading about Hallucinations?
Is that common because I've been having mild hallucinations...

This is my first time back on it in years since I was a teen. First few days I took it I thought I was going to die. But that passed now it's just hallucinations.

Currently on nothing

Tried Concerta, Strattera, and addy

The Addy was fun but that's because I never actually got it through a prescription and just used it to get the extra focus i needed for college exams.

Strattera was by far the worst because slowly everything about my world that I liked began to dissappear and all I had left was depression. I'm still coming back from that time and it's cool being able to feel good about myself/the world again, but it's likely never going to get 100% better.

In my experience cocaine isnt really that crazy unless your do a boatload at all times. I had like a month long stint where i fucked with snorting crystal meth, now that will make ur heart explode, id be up for like 3 or 4 days at a time in full blown sonic the hedgehog mode, should have killed me tbh

...but yeah coke is fun tho fr

Concerta user here, don't know what that other guy might see but mine come and go.

Sometimes it's shapes at the corner of my eye, sometimes it's a leak or drop of rain where there is none.
The scarier ones are the full blown figures whenever I look up or turn a corner. But that only happens when I'm really stressed and tired.

>Ridalin

jesus christ dude

why do you keep using it

Yeah man. Weed supposed to distort time, thats why im so active when im stoned. It fucks your short term yeah, but a couple of memory games and puzzles fill in that void, like school.

i take Methylphenidate and Celexa

i used to take Adderal; it was great for a while but then i got extremely depressed

Adult ADHD, late diagnosis.
Tried Ritalin and Adderal, which worked but gave me heartproblems.
Keeping symptoms at a manageable level with meditation/mindfulness, weight training and a low-carb diet.

i never got diagnosed with it, but I was using my mates Ritalin all through highshool, he smoked pot to deal with his so he was happy to sell me his Ritalin

I guess i should have said that it clamed m down, I preferred it to pot because it doesn't smell and the drug dogs couldn't find it

>nothing as I am an adult
I unfortunately have short term memory loss due to ADHD, so being on the meds is fantastic. However, my experience doesn't invalidate your opinion/experience.

Care to elaborate more? How did you learn to deal with that in a daily way that resulted positively? truth be told, I'd love to be off of it as it's quite destructive to the body.

I have to remind myself to eat as well. I'm considering switching to an IR for once, maybe twice a day so I don't spebd all day forgetting to eat because I dont feel hungry

I didn't experience any kind of hallucinations on it, thank god

I've lost interest in hobbies of mine as well unfortunately. After 2 months off the stuff, I did feel a bit more interested in things and overall happier. My memory and thinking was shit tho.

I don't see my doc that often plus despite her saying herself that I have "two bad alleles for this medication" since it seems to work, we stay the course.
I suggested trying something else but she basically said the same thing.
The hallucinations have been getting more intense as I get more stressed and lacking in sleep so I hope I can change her mind by next month.

>I mean, yeah it "Works" but I've been off proper medication for years, so it's like offering a starving man crackers, ANYTHING works at this point.

Example of what you consider to be a complex video game campaign?

adhd is just code for stupid

ur just mad because we get fun drugs

Adhd was diagnosed when i was 4
21 now
Ive been in therapy since i was 6
Dont take anything atm, was on vyvanse for a bit a few months ago and it wasnt bad.
When i was younger i was on addy for a bit and it didnt go well from what my mother told me a while back, also went through strattera and ritalin.
Most of my childhood is a blur, dont have much input on how they went.
I just know i didnt like it and took nothing for my adhd from 12-20
After the vyvanse i started to feel like it didnt need it. Because i originally started it because i thought it would keep me focused, but what i really need is motivation.
Ive been depressed for years now and have no motivation left, if anything i need to go back to my therapist and maybe get anti depressants.

memory games while high?

I get depressed when I take the days off. ADHD meds pump you full of happy brain juices and your brain doesn't think it needs to produce that much anymore, so it doesn't. A lot of adhd-ers take wellbutrin with their meds to make up for the lack of dopamine and seritonin

>low carb
giving your body less immediate energy so it slows you down a bit? Is that why?

Destiny Axis Boss Raid

Honestly I didn't even know there was support groups and shit like that for ADD/ADHD sufferers until I met my professor who happened to be a life coach.
My short term memory is garbage, I have no passion or motivation for anything besides immediate emotions.
Which is really crushing because I have these bursts of creativity and ideas but as soon as I write them down or something, I lose all interest.

It's why I fucking drove my GPA into the mud in college and any course I take, even when I really try my best ends in tears and anger.

So I'm a security guard now. Ugh.

>diagnosed when 4
How did they do that?

I'm 21 now and when I took my "adhd test" it was me clicking a mouse button when I saw an X on the computer screen. I feel like such a simple thing can easily misdiagnose something but I imagine it was even simpler when you were 4

Do you think the meds at such a young age for so long caused you to have depression now?

I heard somewhere pot is really terrible for ADD.
Could have just been fear mongering though.

>giving your body less immediate energy so it slows you down a bit? Is that why?
Bloodsugar spikes worsen the symptoms, and ADHD makes it hard to manage cravings when you crash. It also lessens moodswings with a more steady bloodsugar level.
Besides, modern foods tend to have a high simple carb content overall, so cutting down/awareness helps prevent things like obesity and diabetes.

I believe it was a lot of questioning and tests, it was pretty re-inforced over the years.
I think its pretty likely that all the shit at a young age did effect me long term, not 100% sure but it wouldnt surprise me.

I dont really remember much of when i was diagnosed, but i had so many tests throughout my life for multiple different things. Like some stuff i actually did on computer or in some way it was me doing something, and other times it was just a lot of questions/paperwork
Even had an IQ test in highschool because my parents worried about me since my grades suddenly became shit. The jist of it was that im smart with a severe case of "not giving a fuck anymore".

I feel your fucking feels

I write all these good ideas I have or things I want to do and then I look at the list later and see chores or "why the fuck did I write that down? How is this a good idea?"

The meds help with me getting through college, but honestly I'm not remembering anything that I've learned. I took a python class 2 years ago and don't remember a single thing about coding in the language now. My grades are great on the drug, but just until the quarter is over, then everything floats away. I have to constantly be going over something to retain it unless it's physical. After I stop using it, it seems just to dissapear from my memory entirely with only vague things that make me think "yeah I learned this one time...why can't I remember?"

Somethin else might be fucked up in my head, but the meds help for now, until I can get it figured out that js

>what works best is:

>cannabis /cbd oil

>natural and little to no side effects instead of all those big pharmaceutical junk thats addicteve.

Yeah, definitely.
For me it's tough because I always get told "oh you just need a system! Write things down!"
It's not my systems or writing that's the problem, it's my damn brain. No amount of journaling is going to help when I can't even stand to read what I wrote an hour ago.

Probably something fucked in my head too though. I definitely had some head traumas as a kid.

I also know this feel of losing motivation the second you try to do something.
Sometimes i get lucky and i actually get more motivated and into it as i go, but thats like 1 out of every 100 tries. So it rare for me to keep that momentum

It's kind of like masturbating:
You get aroused, you might want to fap.
Sometimes you can keep yourself from cumming for awhile but eventually you hit that spot and you have to cut.
Then afterwards you're completely turned off to yourself, your cum and whatever you were getting off to.
But SOMETIMES you can keep going and keep that feeling. But it always passes and maybe later you try and look for whatever got you to that nice long spot before but you either can't remember it or it just isn't the same.

Or maybe that's just me and a bad example.
Either way, I hate that feeling. I hate being a disappointment and feeling stupid for knowing something and just "Forgetting" it.
My mom accepted a long time ago I wasn't cut out to be some brilliant thinker.
"maybe college just isn't for you, maybe try a trade school"

just curious, but have you noticed if you eat a bunch of carbs your brain becomes foggy and difficult to use?

interesting. My brother was in a similar situation. He was regarded as smart by the adults who spent enough time around him but the teacher thought he was a struggler.

Perhaps try taking some st. johns wart 2 or 3 times a day with meals. It helps boost mood. I took it when I came off my antidepressants to help alleviate the withdrawals.

>weed is best cause it's natural

you know what else is natural?

bears

This is big reason why I take the meds in the first place. Although it's rare I get motivated, as long as I can get myself to start on something I usually work on it for a while.

Fucken shit this is how it feels? I might have some add/adhd problem then

Not that other user, but I'm at that point right now as a CompSci major

>teacher walks us through how to do a project
>take detailed notes
>go home right after class
>don't know where to even begin
>look at notes and it's like staring at someone else's notes

I'm fucking struggling and my brain seems to be limited to storing information until I no longer use it.

That's always tough, I really wish you the best of luck since I dont know what might work for you.

I like this because it's similar to how I feel off medication, but just 400x over and all I want is to decide what to eat for fucking lunch.

ITT special little snowflakes diagnosed with a non-existent "disease" promoted by big pharma to make money

yawn

>just curious, but have you noticed if you eat a bunch of carbs your brain becomes foggy and difficult to use?
At both high and low bloodsugar levels. High levels also elevates impulsiveness and restlesness.

Doesn't make it untrue. Besides, you WANT to be diagnosed becaue it gives you a diagnosis and a pill, rather than you having to accept that your problem is you

>the problem is you
Right. It is me. It's my brain.

ADHD/ADD have fairly consistent physiological indicators, like decreased bloodflow through certain parts of the brain.
That being said, ADHD is a very easy diagnosis, and is often treated in an arbitrary, narrowminded and sloppy manner.

oh, and beeing from europe it's a but different here i guess
you can't get medication for adhd / add unless you already had it as a child (well you can, but only off-label, which means insurance won't pay for it)

before i searched for help with doctors i self-treated with THC, Speed and Cocaine, but after i started with medication, i suddenly stopped doing drugs (well, except cocaine, but thanks to ritalin i was able to unleash my full potential. so money isn't an issue anymore :p )

for the medication i went through extensive diagnosing, there were 3hour interviews with my parents as well, and so on.
after all this was over, i was diagnosed with ADHD, and began treatment with CR Methylphenidate, which is basically ritalin (there are no non-CR variants for adults).
the side effects were low apettite and i couldn't sleep as early as i wanted / needed to (normally i slept from 12-7, then from 1-7) but these faded over time.

and to the "HURR DURR BIG PHARMA" guy:
at least ritaline is cheap as fuck, go blame people with high cholesterine please.

Present ADD/depression/anxiety combo:

Vyvanse, Viibryd, Wellbutrin.

Things I've tried in the past that worked:

Adderall

Things I've tried that haven't worked:

Zoloft, Trintellix, Cymbalta.

Zoloft made me fat and otherwise did nothing. Cymbalta made me feel like I was going to crack my teeth from clenching my jaw so hard, and Trintellix was more recent and just made me worse off all around. I was worse off using Trintellix than I would have been without any antidepressants at all.

No its your lack of self-discipline and control. Concentration is an acquired skill. Your parents probably conspired
[to dctor] "Little Johnny keeps getting into trouble at school, he can't concentrate and he's always running around and gets angry at home"
[ correct answer, after exam] "There's nothing wrong with him, it's just that you're a shit parent and have indulged him, never disciplined him or given him limits. Children need to be trained, like puppies"
>But how mnany doctors would do this? Especially with malpractice suits and the cultute of a pill for everything (which is why our antibiotics are stopping working, but that's another story). Besides, the doc has just been on a golfing trip paid for by FleeceCoChemical and there was their new drug for ADHD they mentioned in that 30 minute seminar. He's even got a notepad with the name on the top
[Actual answer, because he want's a happy parent, to go golfing next year too] I think little Johnny may have ADHD. But don't worry, there's this new drug........
>and so everyone is happy. Parent officially knows that it's not their fault their child is a spoilt brat who can't behave in public, because a doctor said so; doctor doesn't have to have a difficult conversation and keeps a happy patient, plus there's the kickbacks from presecribing; FLeeceCoChemical are happy that their new drug is selling by the bucket; the salesman who invited the doctor golfing gets his bonus; FleeceCoChem shareholders are happy.
What's Not to love?

>What you're currently taking
Marijuana
>What you've tried
Ritalin, Adderall
Ritalin was given at a young age and I was overdosed. Fucked me up real good from what I am told by family members.

Adderall was legit but I had to quit after a year or so because it was changing me in a way that is hard to explain over text.
>Adderall XR
>Concerta, Metadate CD

Social media sure churns out a lot of multi-field experts these days.

this

Citation in support
>www.psychologytoday.com/blog/rethinking-mental-health/201701/adhd-fictitious-disease

But you won't believe because being "ill" makes you feel like the members of a special club and explains your failings as symptoms of a disease rather than the normal human frailties and just plain not being good enough

i'd write my own response to this but I literally don't have the attention span enough to write out the argument lmao

Or this?

prolly but don't care enough really

another youtube university graduate! Tell us more facts please! is earth flat? does soros rule the world? and what about nazi ufos?

you state opinions, not facts. and since you are a YTU grad, you will always find "proofs", but you have not the slightest idea of (and can't even fathom) what you are talking about.
dunning-kruger at its best here :D

Your arguments straight back at you on whether ADHD is real. Plus you're invested in it. I'm not.

your citation is merely an blog entry, so basically you are posting someone's opinion that's the same as yours. do you understand how "science" works? lol what a degenerate
also i'm a bit sorry for you, noone deserves to be raised like this.

cchrint.org/2013/08/13/prominent-psychiatrist-admits-he-helped-invent-adhd-as-a-disease/

psychologytoday.com/blog/rethinking-mental-health/201701/adhd-fictitious-disease

disclose.tv/news/Leon_Eisenberg_Admits_ADHD_Was_A_Big_Lie/90265

snopes.com/politics/quotes/adhd.asp

thermidormag.com/angela-nagles-wild-ride/

>Today we encounter a situation where women dominate in publishing, academia, and pedagogy, and the shared experiences of many of the Altright go beyond mere sexual frustration, but to a whole set of recurring patterns and incidents which color their perception of both Feminism and the progressive world view to which it belongs more generally. They are ‘bright,’ according to objective testing standards, and this is usually discovered as a result of testing done in response to noticed behavioral deviations by teachers and administrators who are statistically more likely to be women.

>The boy sits in a room with his parents and a female guidance counselor as they go over the results, and he hears about his own above average intelligence and about his own failings in the realm of emotional development. Medication is suggested and eventually employed to help balance these incongruent elements of his nature. At the time the child lacks the emotional resources not only to resolve this incongruency himself but also to understand the ways in which the medication he is given affects who he is and what he feels.

>In the post-Columbine world, it is this boy who finds himself in the cross-hairs of invasive psychosexual meddling by teachers who, as women influenced by Feminist oriented pedagogy, are in a deadly position to make grave and irreversible mistakes in how the lives of these otherwise innocent boys will develop.

So a psychiatrist can't "blog" his findings? It's more credible than any of the pro-ADHD posts ITT as he's qulified. You're just a recipient.

alright, so you are saying that ADHD/ADD doesnt exist, yet there are countless doctors, scientists that are working/researching on/with it, lots and lots of pharma products (financially its a joke).
you are of course free to believe what you want, but its just that. You believe that concentration is an acquired skill, and that everyone can learn it. So is walking, but if i you were born for example with impaired sense of balance, noone would tell you to drop the crutches or blame your parents for not teaching you to walk.
your problem is, that you don't understand whats happening, and since you can't see/understand it, you deduct it doesnt exist.

LOL
you post that HERE? you know that CCHR is basically scientology, right? alright, discussion is over for me ahahahahhh

i have adhd and aspergers, i dont take anything, i love a normal life, girlfriend, very well paying job and a great social life.
my mother tried to make me take pills when i was younger and i always refused.
i dont udestand why any of you are taking pills? the only thing that happens if you dont is the side effects from not taking them!
Drug em up to shut em up? fuck that

live*

Not just me. Robert Berezin wrote one of the articles. He used to teach at Harvard.
>For the past forty years I have been a psychiatrist in private practice in Lexington, Massachusetts. During this time, I taught and supervised at the Department of Psychiatry at The Cambridge Hospital, Harvard Medical School. There, I pioneered Community psychiatry, where I developed the North Cambridge Psychiatric Team in a housing project, which became the model for the rest of the department. In addition, I was deeply involved in the treatment of the schizophrenias and deinstitutionalization. While continuing to teach and supervise, I decided to leave academic psychiatry to devote myself to my work with patients, where I developed and practiced the Psychotherapy of Character.

I think he might know a thing or two

another great source! After that i will watch

The Poltergeist Of Enfield: Does This Image Show The Spirit In Action?

Mile Long Cigar Shaped UFO Hiding In Clouds Below Space Station

Breakthrough: Tiny Nanomachines Drill Into Cancer Cells And Kill Them In Just 60 Seconds

See
Which is precisely why I posted a link to the Snopes areticle that said the claim is mostly true.

But you're not interested in the content, you'd rather criticise the media

oh, he's a science man! that must means he's right!
you realize you are embarassing yourself, are you not?

thinking that ADHD is an actually thing 2017 kek kys faggot

You'd rather ADHD was diagnosed by a non-science guy? Oh.......wait

ewds.strath.ac.uk/View/Resource/tabid/6225/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/1007/Dr-Matthew-Smith-on-ADHD-and-Ritalin.aspx

scientificamerican.com/article/big-pharma-s-manufactured-epidemic-the-misdiagnosis-of-adhd/

washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jan/6/adhd-fake-disorder-neurologist-turned-author-says/

My friend apparently/kinda/not really has ADD or ADHD or some shit like that, so he always brings me one of his pills like once a week to school. Theyre really weird, first you get a nice high, high heartbeat and get little hyperactive ( because i dont have ADHD)
and then you either get drowsy as fuck or just go 150mph for the rest of the day. Overall great pills. Make sure you befriend the hyperactive kid.

My stepmother took me to a special doctor when I was 10 to get me medicated. She was an awful woman. I don't remember what the pills were called. I do remember that I took two in the morning. Pills were two colors. One half was an deep yellow and the other half was a dark blue. They made me so nauseated, I used to hide them under my tongue when she checked my mouth and then go to school and sell them to the kids that would take anything.

A few years later the doctor who proscribed the pills died saving his son from being pulled under a current during a vacation in Hawaii. He saved him, had a heart attack and died. After that, I stopped getting the pills.

Any idea what the pills might have been?

time.com/25370/doctor-adhd-does-not-exist/

>ritalin again
>tried strattera, concerta medikinet adult and adderall
>medikinet worked kinda good, just made me lose hair so I went back to ritalin
Working as an adult with ADHD is fucking terrible.
>how come you can't remeber anything
>why you never listen user
>that belongs over there how did you not see that
>how can you even live alone
>youre a failure
I could stab my boss seriously. Or every boss I ever had for that matter

abqjournal.com/985840/childhood-behavior-disorders-are-fiction.html

ADHD "meds" are the easiest abusable pharmaceuticals to get.

What are benzos

You still taking wellbutrin? I got taken off of it when I had a seizure from phenibut/gabapentin withdrawal but it was the only antidepressant I've tried that seemed to help at all. Kinda want to try it again but I am actually a little scared even though I'm pretty sure 150mg wasn't the main factor or a factor at all in the seizure.

I've had the opposite experience. Was trying for a while to get them and ended up walking out with an Adderall prescription. Needless to say I have given up on that, doesn't seem like doctors are too keen on giving young males benzos. Or I'm just that terrible at conveying just how bad my anxiety is.

Modafinil (modiodal) user here. The thing is no one knows what do I have. I'm really tired after needing concentration, I usually have to sleep during hard classes. It made me drop out of college. The modafinil helps me to be awake when I drive but for classes I don't have much effects. I can't raise the dose for now because it causes strong tachycardias. I think that I may have add, with the fact that since my childhood I was dreaming a lot more than the others during classes. Any thoughts?

ADHD and ADD aren't a thing. Just poor education and shit food diet.

Currently taking memes
Never took anything else
Works well

why don't you guys just like.. be yourself?

Because some people suck at being productive members of society without prescription amphetamines.

I'm clinically diagonosed with ADD
Never took anything except a few prescription pills of i THINK concerta??
I tried it and it just made me feel jittery and gave me an uneasy feeling and anxiousness

Stopped taking them after a week cause I didn't feel like it helped me concentrate at all, and just made me feel jittery

Also I deal with Anxiety and panic disorder, and clinical depression, so at the time I was much more focused on trying to manage that than my ADD that i had already lived with undiagnosed for my whole life (im 25 now)

I doubt I'll ever be able to concentrate enough to keep a wage cuck job

I keep getting fired/let go of and alot of it stems from not giving a shit about working these shitty jobs and no being able to remember things in supposed to do or how to do them, fucking sucks dick

>enjoy my 1st ever car drawing of a Foxbody GT for my short street racing comic/manga I'm working on

.. according to the people who prescribe said amphetamines. found your problem, youre welcome

Foxbody is cool yo. You should at least give different meds a try if you can't even hold down a job.

I'm definitely not prescribed amphetamines.

Wait ignore this post thnx

kek

I've been thinking about it tonight
Actually this thread reminded me about it

Does Ritalin work?

Concerta and Ritalin are both the same drug, methylphenidate. Concerta is the extended release version. A doctor would likely try Adderall, probably XR, if you expressed Concerta didn't work for you. It might be the ticket as Adderall has a slightly different mechanism of action.

Do ppl here find that Adderrall actually helps them concentrate? Or does it just make you feel jittery and anxious??