Late-Night favorites discussion

Don't be a fag, come tell me your favorites. Ill listen and give my comments on it. PSA The best musicians take from one another. I see it as respect, prove me wrong.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HyhI6k_ZBlE
youtu.be/N8_9BFPnk9k
youtube.com/watch?v=pMu5ir4JL0w&t=290s
youtu.be/KSlA7x98Yfw
youtube.com/watch?v=azV0Y7v6wsg
youtube.com/watch?v=HzU9Xy_ibJI
m.youtube.com/watch?v=oVslvM30EWI
youtube.com/watch?v=wLsRvb4Is5o
youtube.com/watch?v=VJSLkznE1dc
youtu.be/m_IYq1WUnpY?t=13m14s
youtube.com/watch?v=ilhbsPzTrhk
youtube.com/watch?v=L6IqJNzT4Rg
youtube.com/watch?v=29jSyfRR_-Y
youtube.com/watch?v=_yp-KYfdZrs
youtube.com/watch?v=ikW8D4fncoI
youtube.com/watch?v=wazmydGHAvs
youtube.com/results?search_query=temperance movement chinese lanterns
youtube.com/watch?v=oyaygVtdnnY
youtube.com/watch?v=B9FzVhw8_bY
youtube.com/watch?v=sD72LbIk02M
youtube.com/watch?v=MqeL6416yb0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The glow pt 2 by the microphones. But im not ashamed that its my favorite album.

Giving it a good ol' listen. My current favorite is a Hip-Hop album. Outkast's Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik
quite a mouthful but worth a listen if you like southern hip-hop.

I enjoy and own atliens and stankonia

Im a youngin, stankonia was my introduction to outkast, its got a special place in my heart

You got a specific song, I should give a listen. This isn't really givin me any feels. Sounds well put together, but I cant really connect.

If yoy like more southern sounding rap you should try mystic stylez by three 6 mafia or imperial by denzel curry

The firsr three tracks on the album are the best introduction to someone who's new to the microphones. Id say if you dont like any of those songs the albums not for you.

psychedelic folk masterpiece
>Give not that which is holy to the dogs, neither cast you your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you

i shouldn't share this, but I will anyway

youtube.com/watch?v=HyhI6k_ZBlE

it's beyond mellow, so if you're not on that wavelength it will likely not appeal to you, but the lyrics are absolute poetry, that's what I really love about it.

also contains the original inspiration for elton john's "rocket man". However whereas EJ's version takes the perspective of the rocket man in space, PBS's original takes the perspective of the rocket man's son, left behind on earth to deal his father's abandonment and eventual death.

Sorry man, it is not my style. I did give it a good listen. It sounds like they have some radiohead style, if you can hear it? Might just be making some weird conclusions, I have been drinking,

All right man. You said no judgement. Here is my favorite smash mouth song.
youtu.be/N8_9BFPnk9k
Now imagine how awesome they would have been if they never sold out.

OP the hreatest here, You guys that like that super chill acoustic music, I do not see how you do it. Are you background or active listens, I need something more going on. Maybe Im just a casual, enlighten me because I can be a snob. I tend to gravitate towards more technical beats and instrumentals, am instrumentalist.

Whatever gets them motivations amirite? I would listen to this more than once, me and my friend gotta laugh at something :D jkjk ily all.

active listener
weed and/or psychedelic drugs might help you overcome your handicap

I used to smoke weed, I listened to orchestral music. Was the chillest I ever got, Im way to sppoked to try LSD but I have done a small amount of mushrooms a few times.

I've never heard phil elverum of the microphones point out radiohead as an influence. He has claimed most of his influence to come from artists such as erics trip, burzum, and bjork

Thats out of my league, do you just float on a cloud everywhere? This is what I feel like Simon and Garfunkel fuck to. But respect man, its still good music.

I know bjork but no other, MORE LISTENS!!!!

OP again, what attracts you to this style? I crave movement I cant really find the movement here. Trying though, I like a challenge, I can relate to this somehow.

I have diverse tastes
my other most listened to album right now is probably the infamous by mobb deep
youtube.com/watch?v=pMu5ir4JL0w&t=290s
I said before but what I like most about it is the poetry of the lyrics. They are beautiful and heavy and tragic and at the same time remind me of a time when I was much more idealistic and naive about the world.

>The jeweler has a shop on the corner of the boulevard
>In the night, in small spectacles, he polishes old coins
>He uses spit and cloth and ashes
>He makes them shine with ashes
>He knows the use of ashes
>He worships God with ashes

>The coins are often very old by the time they reach the jeweler
>With his hands and ashes he will try the best he can
>He knows that he can only shine them
>Cannot repair the scratches
>He knows that even new coins have scars so he just smiles

>In the darkest of the night both his hands will blister badly
>They will often open painfully and the blood flows from his hands
>He works to take from black coin faces the thumbprints from so many ages
>He wishes he could cure the scars
>When he forgets he sometimes cries

Did you post pearls before swine? Because you are very correct, they have beautiful lyrics and I can appreciate that. They really paint a picture, literally, but I have to be honest. I might not be as classy as this poetic masterpiece you referred to me. I place more value in music on instrumentals, dont be offended by this cause you showed me some good shit, thank you, but if you want to write poetry, write poetry. I feel like if your going to make instrumental music, it should deviate from simple chord progressions. That is just my opinion though, I have peferences. ily dont h8 me.

Yo man, Ive listened to a lot of three six, Idk how Ive missed this. Im so ashamed. Denzel Curry, based on the song you recommended I didnt like his flow to much any thing else you'd recommend? He's got decent wordplay, I hope he doesnt just have one style.

we're good i'm not offended
but
>just write poetry
i don't agree. Words are meant to be spoken, and beautiful words deserve music.

Currently retracting my statement about Denzel the second song on the album redeemed everything just the right amount of ignorance and clever wordplay All of you guys have posted quality and no garbage, Im impressed. I had low expectations

This thread seems comfy.
youtu.be/KSlA7x98Yfw

>youtu.be/KSlA7x98Yfw
You my friend are communicating with the true Op. This is some good shit, plz post more. I like how upbeat it is, it took me down a pretty sweet youtube line as well. The other user's posted some quality, id recommend if you like that super chill stuff. Not my coffee though. I am American trash :)

I don't know a lot of bands that sounds like them. I'm usually more into math rock but I'm trying to fall asleep right now so I'm listening to softer things.

I saw these guys live not too long ago, they were pretty good.

youtube.com/watch?v=azV0Y7v6wsg

>I am American trash
C'mon America seems like a pretty entertaining place to live.

/bluez/

lightnin hopkins is the goat blues artis
t>america seems like a pretty entertaining place to live

america is lots of different places

this is texas
youtube.com/watch?v=HzU9Xy_ibJI

Im using this bump to thank you internet strangers for sharing the art you love. I appreciate all the explanations and posts of your favorites. I posted this board expecting trolling or shit music, you guys showed me up, cheered me up, and showed me some cool shit.Entertained, my criticism well. You should feel good about yourself, you made a stranger happy. Enjoy my feels, life is great tonight. Some of these boards might not be cancer. Also giving some advice, take it or leave it. Learning and practicing an instrument brought me great joy in this life, if I could recommend learning anything, it would be learning to play an instrument. If you've tried and failed, pick one up again and try until you don't suck. It worked for me, Im sure it will work for you glorious anons too. I beat depression playing, its better than heroin. Pic related, my favorite instrument. The only thing that my dumbass excelled at. Good Luck on your journeys anons, I love you all. Fags.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=oVslvM30EWI
this is my favorite song right now

OP here, from KY. We have all different types of live music here. Country, Rock, HipHop, Blues, Jazz, Indie, Punk, EDM, DubStep. I honestly love my hometown, just for the music. It rocks. Move here, be my friend.

Do you like dillinger escape plan, idk if theyre considered math rock but they get pretty technical. Gets my rocks off, they thrash.

I joke about being American trash, I actually love living here. Although Ive never experienced another country so I guess I cant make an educated decision. I do fantasize about going and living in different cultures and stuff, seems enlightening. I like the idea of being the non-local idiot.

I don't know much about blues but I know of Lightnin' Hopkins for some reasons. (Good stuff btw)

I've had an obsession with Reverend Gary Davis for a while though.
youtube.com/watch?v=wLsRvb4Is5o
youtube.com/watch?v=VJSLkznE1dc

>youtube.com/watch?v=HzU9Xy_ibJI
I LIVE FOR LIGHTNING HOPKINS, i played covers of his stuff when I did open-mics and shows. I tried to do him justice, him and john lee hooker are my idols. My favorite song by the hopkins is Bring Me My Shotgun, i just love how much emotion he puts into it albeit how dark it is. I found a reason for life when I heard him on 100 blues songs CD i picked up when I just started learning guitar. Im gushing, youre the best user marry me. Other listens gotta wait til I finish my whiskey to this.

Yeah I guess Dillinger Escape Plan is math rock. This is more what I was into though.
youtu.be/m_IYq1WUnpY?t=13m14s

This guys looks like a young Jean Leloup.
youtube.com/watch?v=ilhbsPzTrhk

Am back from the Lightning binge, cant get enough of that guy. Would let him have my butthole (no homo). I can jam this though, some pretty sexy time changes and keys. I'd have to study theory so much more to write this type of shit. Fucking genius, do you get down with animals as leaders? Theyre a little overhyped but I still dig some of there stuff. This is the shit that makes you want to memorize all theory possible. To think I used to think Ynwie and imitators were the best. Childish.

For sure I like AAL. Honestly it's the only Djent band I can stand. They have some cool related projects too. (You might know them already though)

youtube.com/watch?v=L6IqJNzT4Rg
youtube.com/watch?v=29jSyfRR_-Y

>To think I used to think Ynwie and imitators were the best.
Oh man, this always changes. I'll probably consider what I like now to be childish a couple years from now. That's just part of growing up I guess.

Colter Wall - Canadian coal mine.
>youtube.com/watch?v=_yp-KYfdZrs

>m.youtube.com/watch?v=oVslvM30EWI
Ive listened to a lot of his live mahoganyor cardinal sessions stuff a while ago, talented guy. Only complaint I have is some of his stuff sounds similar to other songs he's done. Overall damn good musician though, even the best repeat.

>youtube.com/watch?v=_yp-KYfdZrs
This guy might be from somewhere rural, but as an American its always odd to me to see country singers or cowboy/rural style on someone from a different country. He rocks though, I love to see people keeping folk music alive. The common mans experience is nice to hear, I think its often overlooked nowadays. Its a reason hip-hop stood out to me, I never thought I'd appreciate it until I heard the storytelling side of Rap/HipHop. Id love to hear if you guys think Folk and HipHop share a lot more than than is obvious at face value.

Real good stuff but you guys lost me there. I don't know much about country/folk, especially recent stuff so if you have some good recs go ahead.

youtube.com/watch?v=ikW8D4fncoI
youtube.com/watch?v=wazmydGHAvs

Id recommend
youtube.com/results?search_query=temperance movement chinese lanterns

They've got a style that I think is very organic and soulful. They also get into more southern-rock on other stuff they have. I wish they would do more acoustic folk, they nail it with those vocals.

This as well is what I consider some good folk, they do have a few versions of some of the songs they've done, they try and put some european punk in some. They havent really released anything I've liked in recent times. Hope they're still making music though, I havent kept up with them recently but imo they didnt really find their sound.

youtube.com/watch?v=oyaygVtdnnY

I like that second guy. I'll check this band's other stuff. Thanks man.

I recently have been getting into it myself, I saw the Dead South and Shakey Graves play about half a year ago and got hooked! I started backing up a guy who does the bass drum tambourine thing on bass. Pretty fun!

Dead South: youtube.com/watch?v=B9FzVhw8_bY
Shakey Graves:youtube.com/watch?v=sD72LbIk02M

Check them out! Also Banjo Odysee
youtube.com/watch?v=MqeL6416yb0