What is happening ?

Hello Sup Forums, I know nothing about the civil war in Ukraine and I have no clue on what is happening there, please enlighten me.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/F4D1gPHmceo
youtube.com/watch?v=pIV83mPfnzI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>please enlighten me
Soon.

Ukrainians chimped out because they didnt want to join Motherland.

>Ukrainians made a proNato coup
>Putin used this mess to annex crimea back
>Russians in Ukraine didnt like the new goverment
>Revolt

It's a frozen conflict right now; have family connections to Donetsk AMA

I'm planning a trip to Odessa in a few months. Is it safe there?

Tensions are pretty high between Russians and Ukrainians, economy is shit there rn

Excellent. That means my sheckles will go far.

Slavs gonna slav. Coming from a Slav

Might want to fuck as many beautiful, pure, white Ukrainian beauties as you can mate, bretty sure if Trump doesn't become president Russiastan is going to take over the rest of the country and then rape them all basically turning it into a nation of mongs just like Russians are

>implying slavs aren't white

A Trump presidency, means no NATO, aka Russia can just annex all of Ukraine with ease because Trump and Putin are bros

>Ukrainians get tired of corrupt dictators bullshit and overthrow him in a revolution called the "Euromaiden".
>Putin gets mad that his marionette has been disposed off, and annexes Crimea.
>Russians in Ukraine liked the old dictator and want to join with the Russia. They start and insurgency.
>Russia either created the rebel factions to begin with or seizes the opportunity and support them with heavy weapons and supplies.
>Despite this Rebels get their shit pushed in.
>Russia intervenes by deploying regular army formations and Spetznaz to the Ukrainian frontline under the guise of "volunteers".
>West is weak as always and doesn't do anything but a putting up a few economic sanctions, despite Russia's clear aggression.
>Ukraine gets rekt by the Russian reinforcements and the conflict freezes after neither side can get a clear advantage over the other.
>Meanwhile the Ukrainian government has turned just as corrupt and shit as under the former dictator, this one is just more Western-oriented than the last one.

Most importantly, this conflict has reignited the old flame of rivalry between Russia and the West. Which is why you see news of Russian airplanes trespassing into other countries airspace, American missile shields deployed to Romania, and both sides rushing soldiers to their borders.

well, theres a war, and its quite civil.
not many people are dying and they just trade shells every month or so

youtu.be/F4D1gPHmceo

Thank me later OP

Do you think that Ukraine will be the starting point of ww3 ?

No Ukraine is simply not worth it for either side. Russia showed the West that they're still super serious business, and they got Crimea. On the other hand, they weren't able to achieve the primary strategic goal of linking the Donbass break-away regions with Crimea, despite Ukraine's poorly equipped army. The Russians are simply not ready for an all-out conventional war with the West.

The West has a multitude of other problems that far outweighs their concerns towards Putin.

>implying ukrainians aren't Russians brainwashed by jews

Putin grabbed more black sea warm water ports. Russia believes in naval superiority.

Thats the only reason for syria at all. because russia wants tartus, a fucking important port for their fleet.

Hello slavshit RIDF.

Few shekels from the west and a couple of angry students combine for another shitty revolution, which like the previous one, only worthens things. Going there in 2 weeks btw, the currency fell so badly, 300$ will more than suffice me for a month.

This is the wrong place to ask. Too many Putin shills and/or people who are plain ignorant about eastern europe/former su issues.

>Inb4 /k/ and redditor neocons cry muh ebul ivan

How has Ukraine not won yet? Don't they have the largest military on mainland Europe?

Here OP

youtube.com/watch?v=pIV83mPfnzI

>Cockhole diaspora

Hello Ukrainian nationalist shomo foreskinberg.

>Large portion of UK army loyal to Russia
>Doctrine focused on defending the western side of the country
>Shit equipment, shit leadership, shit everything
>Superior AA, electronic warfare and military-inteligence capabilities of Russians

Ukrainians even had to adapt runers, because their radios are always intercepted by Russians.

Based Serbia bringing the truth.
Have some rakija for me eh?

They can't win because it is hard to fight in towns without hundreds of civilians dying. Also they need time to reform their country in a better way.

actually, the rusiaboos and RIDF respond to keyworded threads, when the topic arises in other threads but there's no anchor words they don't even react in them, those threads are actually constructive, this is just a honeypot thread

Spot on. Ukraine was ripe for the picking. That's why Putin rolled in when he did.

Well Ukraine itself is mostly worthless, maybe except for its (annexed) balls. But the conflict is usefull in other ways, namely propaganda, training and testing ground for army and power projection. Not to mention the little hope Ukraine had for getting better under western guidance must have been crushed, for reasons obvious.

>Tfw no Slavic gf

Just Donbass my shit