Is being able to seriously talk about Sup Forumscore again the key to making this board a better place?

Is being able to seriously talk about Sup Forumscore again the key to making this board a better place?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dgha9S39Y6M
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Sup Forums is not nearly as bad as it will be in a couple years. the current Sup Forums will probably be known as the good old days of Sup Forums to the new generation of underagefags

No, it's past it.

elaborate?

jesus thats depressing if it does end up that way, but do you think theres any hope in trying to improve mu and preventing that?

Depends on the album. It's actually a shame ItAOtS is Sup Forums's ultimate meme album, because it's actually a really interesting, fun album. Those Radiohead albums are great, though overrated. AnCo's MPP is a garbage album IMO, and significantly inferior to some of their other releases. GY!BE probably deserves more discussion. The Antlers were never a great band, but Hospice is a nice album - it was hurt by how much it was overly praised.

I spoke of this a little while ago here but Aeroplane is unironically a masterpiece. Go a little while without hearing it then give another try if you're not sure about it.

Sup Forumscore works great because it's a solid entry-level list that introduces newfags to shit beyond dadrock, Top 40, and video game """music""". The problem is that now liking Sup Forumscore is seen as bad, which in the neverending hunt for contrarianism that is Sup Forums means that everybody's shit taste is validated.
Though if we're being honest the real death of Sup Forums is something far simpler. Rock hasn't really had any truly "great" entries into Sup Forumscore tier stuff in, say, 5 years. The indie scene isn't dead by any stretch of the terms but it's been ages since anything truly awe inspiring has been done in it. As a result Sup Forums is impossibly stuck in the past, literally incapable of moving on from the rock hits of the 90's and 00's yet also sternly resistent to adopting any other genres (hip-hop mainly) into the board, resulting in a board that gradually looses more oldfags by the day, making it vulnerable to newfaggotry and shitposters.

If I were the "king of Sup Forums" I'd've pushed for the creation of a hip-hop "Sup Forums-core" (not an essentials list) that takes 10 or 15 of the best (not most popular) hip hop albums of the past 20 years. That way it's easier to shit on any /r/hiphopheads fags who come here with their "xd muh king kenny bumps in the whip lit nigga" shitposting by pointing to an actual measuring stick of quality. This has the side effect of fighting poptimism with more elitism.

this but with a genre better than hip-hop

This is exactly what Jeff Magnum's vocals sounds like
youtube.com/watch?v=dgha9S39Y6M

It makes you uneasy. You just want to turn it off

Don't you think Sup Forums over-analyzes things though? If an album is posted too much here people become jaded and turned off by it even if they may like it or haven't even listened to it.
For me his voice is very apt for the unique sound of the album. It cuts deep with the emotion evoked on certain tracks and instruments blasted in the background.

Yes

No, Sup Forumscore is what killed Sup Forums. What we need is to encourage users to explore for more and lesser known music, to explore unpopular genres, and to avoid taking about the same one hundred artists all day every day.

Why not both?

King of the niggers bruh

will you please fuck off
you are what's killing mu, faggot

>What we need is to encourage users to explore for more and lesser known music, to explore unpopular genres
t. pitchfork/nme lovin hipster

oh yeah ur right lets continue filling up the catalog with the same pictures of the same album covers every single day forever
Sup Forums literally has not changed its taste since 2012
i never visited the board at any time during 2014-2016 but used Sup Forums back in its "golden years" and since ive been revisiting the board honestly its just the way that I left it

thoughts on grimes?

>(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST

Mate literally 50% chart is frequently posted and talked about on Sup Forums. you're literally the worst tripfag on this board just fuck off.

You do realize, like you, people leave here? So it's very possible those who have far different more obscure tastes are gone and have been replaced by those just getting into music or haven't been here for that long?
Try starting a thread about music you like and post in threads with such tastes.
And before you call me nu I'm exactly the same as you, I left in like 2014 and just came back this year.

no one wants to talk about this garbage album anymore

What?

Fuck off, your posts contribute nothing.

No, Pitchfork is another reason Sup Forums sucks. Also, Pitchfork defined most of Sup Forumscore. It's the opposite of what you are claiming. Newfag.

>What?
Why can't people enjoy Sup Forumscore and obscure unique artists?

It has actually become worse since 2014. There used to be a bit more adventurous music threads and now we have even had ACDC, Nicki Minaj, Foo Fighters, RHCP, 21 Pilots threads, all at once.

First, that's not true. Second, that wouldn't invalidate what I'm saying.

Honestly this
This as well as not criticizing more pleb music on sight
So finding some kind of balance between these
I don't know what to do about this, I'm basically a huge fucking hypocrite
No that's crazyaga doing that

ItAOts is shit, just some inbred retard warbling about how much he wants to fuck a dead underage jew. if you play that shit in public you deserve the bullying you get

They absolutely can. I never said otherwise.

crazyaga hasn't had an influence over the board for a long time to be honest

Serious question, Why do you tripfag?

>They absolutely can. I never said otherwise.
Wouldn't you say it's far easier for a music normie to get into Sufjan Stevens than Exuma? Everyone starts somewhere.

To be fair Kanye isn't any better than RHCP

>Wouldn't you say it's far easier for a music normie to get into Sufjan Stevens than Exuma? Everyone starts somewhere.
the issue with that is everyone would mostly just stay with sufan and nothing more. you can be mr.why not both. but majority of this board sticks with the entry lvl stuff and never goes further.

anyway i only post in last.fm 3x3 threads where i can actually get unique recs and call out ppl with the same fucking albums posted.
this board is trash

The idea is not to let people in who can't get into Exuma (or anything else obscure like that). But sure, the thing is still that the board doesn't move past that entry level stuff.

This isn't about who is a better artist, but the implications of what I'm describing above, and that's that Sup Forums is assimilating with the taste of reddit like users and dad rockers each day more and more.

To encourage music discussion.

Anyone PLEASE have the comic where 2 guys are talking then some fat guy comes from distance saying >itaots >good
thats how i remember it

PLEASE

go back to your 4362th anco thread

I'd say a good amount want to discover music that is good who come here. Maybe those who just find out about Sup Forumscore shit outside if here only listens to that but most here just listen to whatever.
>The idea is not to let people in who can't get into Exuma (or anything else obscure like that).
Epic.

mpp is an album you like at a certain stage of your life. If you don't like it, then you aren't mature enough for it. Listen to it in a couple years, mate.

Sure there can be threads for normies, but there are hardly any threads promoting more difficult music for spergs who are already into edgier stuff.

Sup Forumscore arguably killed music discussions here because newfags and retards never deviate from the charts and they post memes because they know everybody will recognise them.

I don't see how people would prefer seeing itaots and loveless memed on the home page every hour of every day. It's beating a dead horse. There should be one big mucore thread replacing Grimes general for people looking for the default moo music and the rest an intellectual discussion of different albums where everyone can opinionate themselves as usual. It's a shame that the current state of the board is mostly under the age of 18.

>dad rockers

you mean music that's stood the test of time? I'm more worried about xxxtentation dickriders and this intolerable wave of indiefags

First month on Sup Forums?

been here since 2007, quite aware indiefags have always been here but it's become far worse lately.

Why does trip fagging encourage music discussion? It seems like it goes the other way around.

t. Underage

> Jew
>>Sup Forums

I'm 28, I'm a grad student, I've been into music my entire life because my father is a classically trained musician.

At least you've made it obvious that I'm right.

>I'm mature!!! I'm a 28 year old student, and also my daddy is a musician.

Yeah, this is always how it happens. I've only been here since like 2012 but even then it was still two camps of "Sup Forums is worse than it's ever been" and "Sup Forums was always shit, just a different kind of shit", same as it is now. That being said, I do feel like the majority of the board either liked ITAOTS or at least liked to funpost about it back then, seems like there's a lot more anger and vitriol now.
You're trying to make Sup Forums into more than it can be. There's too much traffic here to accommodate that; if the entire board was listening to obscure and unpopular music, then most people would have no idea what other people are talking about and threads would keep getting bumped off having had even less discussion than they get in between the shitposts as it is. There are plenty of other places on the internet you can go to discuss significantly obscure music, places where content isn't effectively deleted so quickly, and you're free to post there instead of here.
Even beyond that though, if this board somehow were to develop to maintain consistent discussion of obscure music, you know just as well as I do that it would all too quickly devolve into people digging into obscure music for the sake of obscurity instead of music and trying to outdo each other in obscurity pissing contests.

Bump

This would be a dope album if it wasn't about a jewish fairy tale character.

Waste of a get

You can't have a tree with just branches. You need a tree trunk or it falls apart.

Maybe, but I have some ideas. Now, we both know it's impossible for the whole board to listen to obscure music, but we can at least encourage that sentiment in some users. At the same time, we can also encourage users to explore less popular genres.
>r music, then most people would have no idea what other people are talking about and threads would keep getting bumped off having had even less discussion than they get in between the shitposts as it is. There are plenty of other places on the internet you can go to discuss significantly obscure music, places where content isn't effectively deleted so quickly, and you're free to post there instead of here.
I have tried like 30 different forums already, and the best has been Sup Forums by far. Would you mind telling me which ones are you thinking about?
>Even beyond that though, if this board somehow were to develop to maintain consistent discussion of obscure music, you know just as well as I do that it would all too quickly devolve into people digging into obscure music for the sake of obscurity instead of music and trying to outdo each other in obscurity pissing contests.
I wouldn't complain about that because I know it's something that would never happen thanks to the constant influx of new users who are not interested in obscurity. This is one of the reasons Sup Forums has been getting so shit lately actually, because Sup Forums as a whole is experiencing it's highest popularity peak ever (just take a look at Alexa's rank if you don't believe me, we are ranked in the top 200 now, we used to be less than 1000).

Correct, that's why I'm trying to make a better tree trunk, because the current one sucks.

Why though? To me, it's like Dark Side of the Moon. I can only praise the production, but the songs themselves are not particularly interesting.
>greentext names certain song that's good from the album
Yeah yeah I get it don't retaliate with this. There are a few good songs but the thing as a whole never constitutes a re-listen from me