Tfw you realize what you've listened to as a teen has the biggest impact on your music taste

>tfw you realize what you've listened to as a teen has the biggest impact on your music taste

Tfw you've never listened to shit

I know. And people will deny this. Fortunately Cradle of Filth still makes interesting stuff. I just can't talk about it without being shamed.

>tfw got into patrician genres like classical, jazz, and experimental rock just before hitting 18

Almost made it so I could have been a pleb forever

>tfw listened to shitty nu-male crescendocore post rock/metal and radiohead all through early teens

Did you have any friends?

>experimental rock
>patrician
Pftttt haha

>he wasn't an avant-teen

>tfw playing GTA San Andreas and GTA IV as a teen blessed you with the ability to enjoy most any genre of music

no

I stll like about 99% of what I liked since around 12 or so and I still get into new types music often. Got into classical at 21, synthwave last year at 24, getting really into 90s alt rock now at 25.

You probably intimidated them with your good taste. Having friends is overrated anyway.

>tfw you skipped a couple of albums of your teenage heroes
>tfw you listen to those albums as an adult

THPS series blessed my palate

>30
>still enjoy listening to old ICP records
Good times.

I listened to meal as a teen and now I listen to shoegaze and dream pop? :/

Tfw listened to rap (shitty rap) exclusively for all of teen years and am now only getting into everything outside of it

what's wrong with that

i was listening to power electronics, sludge metal, and neofolk at that age

>tfw you listened to Red House Painters and John Coltrane throughout your teens and had no gf

Yeah, I can recognize how most of the music I was into in my early teens set the template for the music that I was going to develop an interest in later on in life.
Fortunately I had very good taste even as a kid.

Come to think I listened to the college run avant garde radio station as a kid that got me into industrial and ambient which I still listen to today.
Rlly makes u think

No necessarily. I was a total "le wrong generation" classic rock worshiper as a teenager but my interest in other genres exploded once I hit my mid 20s.

yeah i think i still listen to stuff i listened to as a teenager and the stuff i like now would totally be stuff teen me would have loved

>tfw discovering dream pop at 16 in 2010

>embarrassing story
build up a sizable CD collection with +600CDs during my teen years (all genres). Digitalized all of them in my early 20es - stopped using the CDs, but was always proud of having the collection.
10 years later Mount-CD is becoming an eyesore. Deceide to throw it all away.
CDs are in the trash.Find myself being massivly bugged be that decision. Go through trash to pick out a few significant albums...or more specificaly Danzig albums.Ever since spend time being bothered by the fact that I'm apparantly attached to Danzig.

why'd you throw all those away instead of selling them?

nah, I didn't get into trent till I was 20

Dude don't throw away shit.

>tfw still a teen

how do i save myself

iktf mate. Haven't listened to them since I was like 16 though.
On one hand I wouldn't have gotten into bm without them.

gta IV as a teen, lol how young are you???

user GTA IV was 9 years ago......

I have been listening to Long Season every day since I was 15 it's been good m8

>used to listen to nu metal, dadrock, pop-punk, and deathcore as a teen
>listen to doom/sludge/death metal, punk, and psych rock now
Still have "pleb" taste but slightly less shitty now I guess.

>Ever since spend time being bothered by the fact that I'm apparantly attached to Danzig.

Probably becasue Danzig I-IV are excellent albums.

Nu metal is not that bad famalam. Could be worse, like melodeath.