What does Sup Forums think about coffee? Is it good for you?

What does Sup Forums think about coffee? Is it good for you?

bump

fucking bump again

Idk if it's good for you but it's fucking delicious

tea is better for you
fucking nerds get rekt

oh yeah also it tastes better
lol coffeetards

it's pretty great. yeah but no more than a 12 oz mug a day.
I bet you drink bag tea like a peasant

tell that to my loose leaf oolong imported from china baka gaijin only americans drink coffee i bet you picked up the habit while serving in the military lol

bet it's a charred oolong and not something sophisticated like dan cong oolong. Also yunnan sourcing is surface tier.

b-bully. i like it roasted. i want to try some dan cong next and maybe see what this pu'er bullshit is about.

i don't think i've ever had good coffee before in my life. mainly free hotel coffee and shit they put out on airplanes and shitty restaurants. so i literally don't know what im missing out on.

theres been multiple studies that suggest drinking 3 to 4 cups of coffee a day will help you live longer. The reason for this is believed to be it's high antioxidant content. Oxidation being the result of age, so antioxidant is basically anti age. It works wonders on your digestive system. Diet related disease being the number one killer in the world.

Pu'erh is the coffee of teas.
Dark, full bodied, and almost oppressive
New england roast is the tea of coffees
light, lots of floral and fruit flavors
I would say if you want to try coffee try lighter roasts. Coffee is just as cultured of a beverage as tea and takes just as much of a sense of taste to discern the bad from good. The stuff you get at hotels is generally shit just kept around to keep the americans happy. Real coffee is typically at cafe's but a lot of them don't do light roasts because they not in high demand.

i see. if i make a foray into coffees i'll definitely try the lighter roasts first. the one thing i hate about the shitty coffee i've experienced is the caffeine hits you like a fucking brick in your face. for me tea has always been a slow burn without a crash at the end so i've always gravitated more towards that. but again like i've said, i only know what shitty coffee is like.

Can't wake up without it

what chinese tea do you guys recommend? the best of the best, elder god tier shit pls

>t.hipster

You should go to a proper coffee shop that does their own roasting. You will be blown away. Almost anything freshly ground in a French press will be good-tier compared to the robusta shit you've been on thus far. If you really want to get to know coffee, try some single-origin coffees from a roaster, expect to pay approximately $20/lb.

>if you want to try coffee try lighter roasts
Nah, darker roasts, just vary the strength in brewing. Full city is about where single-origin coffee develops its best flavor.

Here in Massachusetts, the best coffee is strong coffee.
I can't stand when coffee is almost watery in taste. Give me that darkest roast you have.

Also, unrelated but the restaurant Denny's serves the worst coffee.

Strength is orthogonal to roast, m80.
Roasting moderates the acidity, among other things.

Also, Denny's coffee is, indeed, somewhere between pleb-tier and shit-tier.

i would just start trying different things until you know what you like. thats the current stage im at. i'm actually just a babby but i was acting big and tough for the sake of shitposting.

I don't really care for taste tbh, I just want something that's healthy as fuck for me

tea at least relative to volume is much denser if caffeine than coffee. Coffee is brewed at 2 Tbs (29.5ml) to a 8oz (236.5 ml) cup compared tea which is 1 tsp (4.9 ml) to 1 cup. If you ever do like gongfucha or that thing where you fill half the pot with tea leaves then flush it mutiple times with sub-boiling water you can catch an intense buzz from tea. It tends to go away when it becomes a regular part of your day.
1990 CNNP "9016" Aged Ripe Pu-erh Tea Tuo Cha

Dennys does suck. But White Castle is surprisingly excellent.

well i have been told by the yerba mate companies that their product cures cancer, stops aging, and makes you immediately lose 50 pounds.

too much of anything is bad for you though

best coffee I've ever had at an american franchise was big boy's coffee

Drink it black and no more then 3 cups a day and it's said to have numerous health benefits including weight loss

I hear that. But the absolute God-Tierney coffee is found at your independent owner operated diners and truck stops of America.

Love coffee. I drink 4 or 5 cups of strong stuff a day.

>something that's healthy as fuck for me
Stick to about any green tea, then.

Standard coffee (((cups))) are actually 6 oz.

7-Eleven coffee can be bretty gud, if the clerk keeps up with the 30-minute hold time. Note that the clerk on duty should brew fresh for you if you ask.
t.dante

What about Starbucks?

The 7-11 out here on the late shift is staffed by some crazy bit cheaper who yells at you if you ask her to brew coffee. Instead, we go to the dunkin donuts down the street. Better coffee, less mental illness.
Not into the $5.00 cup of coffee. But I suppose it's OK for you.

>6 oz.
I know but I've always measured the water in a pyrex pourable measuring cup. I prefer the 8oz to 2T for most coffees and I don't think most people brew it that strong at home or even measure.

Maybe one day you'll be able to afford 5 dollars for a coffee you poor faggot

>makes me shit well
>gets me going full of energy
>acheive Nirvana after 7 cups
I'd say it is a God sent op.

it's more like 2.50 for normal coffee the whole $5 for coffee meme is from people who buy stuff like cappuccino, sugary lattes and stuff that requires a person to prepare. Rather than just hold a cup under a carafe and give it a couple pumps.

Not who you are replying to, but Starbucks is middle of the road for me.The coffee they use is pretty decent quality and usually fresh if the staff know how to do their jobs. I wouldn't give it any awards or call it the best, but it is better than most chains, a decent amount of coffee shops, and is usually consistent. They seem to focus more on sugary milky drinks with coffee in them though, and I can't really say much there since I'm usually a black coffee guy. They'll throw shots of espresso into my coffee without batting an eyelash though, which is great since I usually don't want to have to explain myself multiple times or get some smart ass joke about the strength of coffee I'm about to consume.

>charbucks
Nah. If you're going to pay $5 for a cuppa, go out of the way to your local or regional roastery. Biggby, Peet's, whoever's not a big international brand.

Point taken.

Espresso is delicious, though.

>They'll throw shots of espresso into my coffee without batting an eyelash though
I'm curious to know who won't add shots to your coffee? That's a fairly standard request in the US.

Pu'erh= Best fucking tea out there, hands down.

there is literally nothing better than waking up in the morning and brewing a delicious, dark, deep doubleshot of espresso to pour down your neck as you prepare to meet the day's demands. following that shit up with some coffee will have you sweating and shaking right through to lunch.

Cuban coffee for the win you fucking shit tier niggers

It tastes good (if enough cream is added) and although it wakes you up it makes you gotta shit about 2 hours later

>I'm curious to know who won't add shots to your coffee?
I thought so too, but half of the coffee shops I go to either don't understand the request or make some half assed joke about it. I'm guessing the latter are trying to make small talk, but it drives me up the wall. A thousand and one things you could talk to me about and you choose the fact that my obviously strong coffee is strong. I also don't like people who make jokes about me being wet after I just clearly came outside from the rain, etc. The ones who don't understand are probably just new. Another factor is having lived half of my life in Utah, I've had problems with it way less in other states. At the end of the day though, I just bought a press. It is so much easier to just make shit to my taste on my own then trying to navigate social waters while decaffeinated.

Whole bean, hand ground, cold brewed coffee served with sugar and half and half is the nectar of the Gods

Its also as addictive as heroin

Cuban coffee is highly underrated.
>add 1/2 Tbsp of sugar to shot glass
>brew shot directly into glass
>sip

>just make shit to my taste on my own then trying to navigate social waters while decaffeinated.
Exactly why I own an espresso maker. And a press.