Vinyl thread. Let's discuss the superior format

Vinyl thread. Let's discuss the superior format.
What have you picked up recently?
Are there any represses you're looking forward to?
What kind of turntable to do you have?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8KxRMic8h9M
youtube.com/watch?v=nS_k4E1vN_E
youtube.com/watch?v=pptFCbYuOIM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I bought the Metallica - ...And Justice For All 4 x 45rpm LP box set sealed off Discogs last week, and I got an email that my copy of NIN's "The Fragile" repress shipped out today.
At a local shop I picked up nice used copies of XTC's "White Music' And "Go"

kind of interested in breaking into vinyl but worried about cost

what turntable should i get?
how expensive does this shit get over time?
is it worth it?

>Go2

I picked up a copy of "never mind the bollocks here's the sex pistols"

Picked up Menahan Street Band - Make the Road by Walking the other day.

Pretty cool jams on there

ITAOTS has been stuck in customs for a week because I live in a nigger country

>What have you picked up recently?

Album of the decade aka Floral Shoppe

VA-11 Hall-a OST
Flower Boy
both should be shipping soon
also pic related is my most recent purchase
>Are there any represses you're looking forward to?
I preordered some Streetlight Manifesto records since they broke apart from victory and dont have any of them yet, excited for those to come out and ship
>What kind of turntable to do you have?
Stanton T92
only real complaint i have with it is the dust cover is cloth instead of plastic (ie has no dust cover while playing) and there isnt auto-return but those arent really that big of deal to me, just would be nicer to have

Last purchase was the Donkey Kong Country soundtrack and Two Airships/Exploder Falls by Candy Claws. Waiting on Melt Yourself Down's self titled album

Not really. Unless Radiohead decides to reissue that 2 LP version of in Rainbows

Audiotechnica LP60. I want to something else though, since I hear this is destroying my records. Suggestions?

buying And Justice For All on vinyl is like putting a vhs on a ultra HD tv. Even by Metallica's lousy standards it sounds like ass

My most recent so far. Also I got a new receiver, and it works like a charm (at least on headphones, haven't tried speakers yet)

Schiit will release a turntable within the next few months. Wait until they release it and get that if you want a good turntable.

Vinyl is not worth it if you are just after good sound quality. A well mastered CD will sound 99.99% as good and you won't have any of the background noise you often will with vinyl. However, if you want nostalgiafactor and large artwork, sure.

Also I preordered Pure Guava repress, and considering getting Bark Psychosis' Hex as well.

>superior format.
topkek

Vinyl is worth it for sound quality with mono records from the 50s and 60s. The digital mastering of most of that stuff is poor, the Beatles had a legendarily shitty CD discography for like 20 years. Even when the quality is good, they rarely ever release the mono version on in digital format except for bonus tracks. Again, the Beatles are mostly responsible for changing this trend with their "Mono Masters" set. That being said, Bob Dylan's "The Original Mono Recordings" is one of the best CD masters of mono material I've ever heard.

LP120

>what turntable should i get?
look for old technics/pioneers on craigslist.
>how expensive does this shit get over time?
depends what music youre into and how far you wanna go with your setup. personally I have a Technics SL-B2 (got it on craigslist for 20 dollars) and a ART USB Phono Plus (about 70 dollars on amazon) I spend about 2-10 dollars per record so its not overwhelmingly expensive
>is it worth it?
It is to me but it might not be to you

Danger - 太鼓
Justice - Woman
Justice - Audio, Visual, Disco
Kendrick Lamar - DAMN
Little Dragon - Season High
Spiritualized - Ladies and Gentlemen we are floating in space

But where do you live? I'm not paying for shipping across the sea

You clearly have never listened to this pressing and are just talking out of your ass.

just found a copy of Surf's Up for ten bucks at a local record store. been looking for a cheaper copy for a while now.

BR
Shipping from UK/Yurop are actually cheaper than US most of the time

bump

how much was pg repress

not him but came out to about $35 including shipping to the US

Picked up a mint condition first pressing of David Bowie - Let's Dance the other day for £9.99

Oh, sweet pea

Also picked this up but it's still on its way

found all three of these together in my local shop.

Picked up the Repeater, Avalanches, and Residents today. Found the Discharge EP in my grandfathers collection.

Just go to a record store? ITAOTS has been at almost every shop I've visited.

>Found the Discharge EP in my grandfathers collection.
coolest grandpa

i recently got sonic youth's debut and swan's love of life. I have an LP60 because i'm cheap

Nice. I ordered the To Be Kind 3xLP signed by Gira to pick up when I go to the US next week.

thanks user he is pretty cool

Recently put this up.

this fag here, Cheech & Chong's first lp just arrived in the mail.

Maybe you guys can help me. I'm expanding my collection and trying to get an album I saw once but never picked up. I can't remember the band name but it had beige keyboard keys like floating that spelled out the album name on like a green field. I think it was a sequel album or something but I can't remember the name and it's killing me.

best grandpa

Meredith Monk - Key
Sun Ra and Arkestra - Thunder of the Gods
Lester Bowie - Numbers 1&2
Alphonse Mouzon - Mind Transplant

it was a good day

Latest grab was I Robot by the Alan Parsons Project for around $6 NM, and Turntable is AT-LP120

i got bored by vinyl recently and have been listening to music on my pc most of the time. considering selling my collection, but i'll wait some time before i do. maybe i'll go back to it soon. the fact that all that shit is so expensive doesn't help. shouldn't have gotten into vinyl with my limited budget.

Picked up a collection of non-lp tracks by Pere Ubu

yus portal \m/

Herpes
>Are there any represses you're looking forward to?
Repressing my sexual urges
>What kind of turntable to do you have?
A lazy susan

vinyl fucking sucks

explain what makes this item worth nearly a grand? looks patrish

recent pickups

Looking forward to Scenery and Floral Shoppe

Why the fuck is my music crackling?

seems like you are the one that sucks my dude

Initial release of 500 in 1984 followed by a second release of 1500. Banned in Germany it had many of the copies destroyed. Mine survived.

I found this in my grandfathers collection, which he hasn't touched since the mid-1980s, and since the earliest bootleg was made in 1999, I have a copy worth quite a bit of money.

The genre is skinhead punk (Oi!), but since it is all in German, I have no use to keep it.

Got this the other day.

Forgot, Rega RP1

What makes you think you could get a grand for that, honestly?

Is the band big?

The most recent one sold in Germany for about $975 USD. It's fairly popular and it's also notorious for being the first album to spark the skinhead movement in post-WW2 Germany.

ah.

Well congrats on it.

Depending on how close I was with my granddad, I wouldn't part with it.

I get where your coming from aha. When I found it the first thing my grandpa said was "What the hell is that?!"

He had never played it before and the only reason he kept it was because some guy at his work told him that it would be of value in the future.

lol was it given to him or something? Well that certainly changes things.

If I buy an album because I really liked it, I'd hate for my future (grand)kids to sell it.

Here I was thinking your grandpa was a skinhead

bump

>is it worth it?
If you like to sit down and listen to an entire album it will be a natural fit. I also like the comically over sized art work.

pls go

>Donkey Kong Country soundtrack

Where to cop dawg?

do people even listen to bob james here

Which one of those do you recommend?

heads is what i started with, its the coin cover album
youtube.com/watch?v=8KxRMic8h9M

touchdown is considered the one with the biggest hits angela (theme from taxi) and touchdown itself
youtube.com/watch?v=nS_k4E1vN_E
youtube.com/watch?v=pptFCbYuOIM

I'll give them a listen. Thanks Dawg.

vinyl btfo

Is that Plantasia an actual pressing or the bootleg?
If it's the bootleg does it sound any good?