Tfw all your idols have retired or are at the end of their careers

>tfw all your idols have retired or are at the end of their careers

But Rooney still has 6-7 years more in him

>idolizing sportsmen

Well there's your problem.

Congrats, you're officially an adult now.

iktfb

>tfw never had any idol
>tfw never will know how it feels to get your shirt signed or taking a photo with smoeone you admire

that feel lad

I dunno, you can still appreciate people's talent after they stopped playing. And watching new up and comers is exciting in its own right.

Although most of my sports "idols" were players I actually played with when I was playing competitive hockey/lacrosse, or coaches I had that not only improved me as an athlete, but as a person.

He'll never retire... Right guys?... Guys? :(

Wait until youre my age and your idols start dying

Tfw bergkamp, henry, zidane, ronaldo, davids, Huntelaar, Sneijder, litmanen, Ballack, Baggio and many more are (almost) gone and have been gone for a while now. It hurts.

>having a professional athlete as your idol

are you fucking serious

Are Buffon and Totti the last men standing of the previous generation?

Mine retired in 1999

>Having an idol past the age of 12

My idol is Cristiano Ronaldo dos Santos Aveiro. It is safe to say he will play another 10 years, so I'm not worried about that yet.
Tsu.

Ronnie Tsunaldo is safe since he will become trainer for either Poortugal NT or Real after his playing career.

>12 in 1999

>40 years old
>still browsing Sup Forums

>tfw your idol growing up spread herpes to all your favorite female celebrities

>Penaldo
>Giving anyone help and advice when they might surpass his padded stats

Are Germans really this naive? Is this why you're a caliphate now?

But he is still playing and winning Grand Slams

Do you think that the "you are here forever" is a joke? I have 8 years in this shithole

>tf
>calling others caliphates
Also he inspired Eder to finally do something for his team

t. Sadiq Khan

I built this site

>tfw too old to have idols

so that's it, huh? The rest of my life all the famous movie stars, rock stars and athletes will just seem like kids to me... fuck I hate getting old

>tfw they don't have to work another day in their lives while you still need to work several decades before entering a highly uncertain retirement

Have boomers fucked up your retirement and housing markets too? I assumed europeans didn't have these cancers to deal with

LeBron still has 4 more years

>tfw stayed up until 5 watching him bootyblast Nadal one last time
Best decision I've made in a long time but holy hell did that make me feel things

some county's housing markets aren't as bad as canada's (we're almost as bad...) but retirement is generally fucked everywhere because of birth rates (china is even more fucked as an example)

though most major cities are expensive almost anywhere now

>only way to make it as a hockey player now is to have rich parents who pay 20k+ a year when you're 13
>nhl is becoming a hereditary sport, as former players will build rinks and privately train their kids
>your idols growing up have kids younger than you in the league

>Messi and Brady will retire within the next decade

I'll pay 10 dollars over paypal if someone can post a good picture of Sana's feet and toes.

2003-2006 is the ultimate nostalgia era

2004 UEFA game on Xbox ;( wistfully longing for that time

>he thinks he gets to leave this place one day

>tfw your childhood idol is in punditry bantering every monday night with one of your most hated players in your most hated team