Why isn't he the greatest rapper alive?

why isn't he the greatest rapper alive?

But he is.

because he's white

/thread

It's more that he compensates for his whiteness by being an aggressive retard w/o any emotional depth. and he completely fails when he tries to be thoughtful - you can tell it's simply not the kind of person he is. He has amazing technical ability but a boring mind.

Obsessed with making the same hamfisted pop song that speaks to illiterate white trash over and over. Not that deep. Never had a good album start to finish. Loves to talk trash and carry himself like a hardcore competitive battle rapper, but has literally never had the balls to go after a good rapper. Only ever got close the image he wanted for himself when he was high as fuck, and then he got sober.

There are many much better rappers alive currently

After TES he went to shit. He can still flow and rhyme like a god but his lyrics have gone so far down in the barrel

cuz he is shit

Who is the black Eminem?

Cause he's dead

he's a hack

See here.

He's pointing at the better rapper...

Relapse was fucking great, Encore had a few fantastic songs but the rest were shit, Recovery is trash.

we are all better rappers than eminem on this blessed day

Eminem from 98-02 was untouchable. The dude was on fire. Then he started to slip a bit during the Eminem show when his songs got way to sing-songy popish. Then it only got worse because he became a major pill head. The dude can still free style like a beast, but when it comes to making recorded songs hes just boring. The beats he uses these days are just overproduced. I think hes too concerned with being on top of the charts than he is making great rap songs.

This, the guy has amazing talent but has never produced something worth while in my eyes

>i should be able to break a mother fucking table over the backs of a couple faggots
GOAT

These are his only good songs:
>SSLP
Role Model
Rock Bottom
Still Don't Give a Fuck

>MMLP
All except for Amityville and Kim

>TES
Square Dance
Without Me
Till I Collapse

>Relapse
Stay Wide Awake
Must Be the Ganja

>Recovery
On Fire

>MMLP2
Bad Guy
Rap God

SSLP MMLP and TES are great albums from start to finish, I don't know what you mean. The rest IS trash tho.

Original lyrics:
>my life sucks, I have no real job, my family hates me, my wife hates me, my daughter will grow up poor, I'm on drugs, I'll probably be killed any day now...
Lyrics MMLP to Eminem Show:
>In an actual lyric: "They said I can't rap about bein' broke no more/They ain't say I can't rap about coke no more! [woman screams]"
Lyrics Encore to Relapse:
>I'm on drugs... I still hate myself... I'm not really that angry about though... [sigh]... fuck the government
Lyrics now:
>I'm just going to do pop-rap and hype myself up now because I can't bear to talk about my actual life and experiences anymore

basically, he only knew how to rap about the shitty life he had and once that life got progressively non-shitty he was just making himself depressed by rapping about having a shitty life instead of venting.

>>I'm just going to do pop-rap and hype myself up now because I can't bear to talk about my actual life and experiences anymore

have you even listened to his new stuff?

>All except for Amityville and Kim
>Kim

"Kim" was one the best songs he ever made and it was pure experimental horrorcore.

I'm convinced Eminem is one of the most underrated rappers because posts like these and the never-dying "old Eminem is better" meme constantly proves that no one actually listened to any of it. Aside from Recovery all he ever did was self-deprecatory dark humor music. All that's changed really is his voice and his technical ability. Relapse is almost no different from SSLP content wise but the memes and mantras override reality. Groundhog Day, which only came out a few years ago, is probably better than 99% of his career but it will fly under the radar because people will just cling onto the "1999-2002 is best!" cliche. It's a shame

MMLP2 is definitely underrated. Though as a whole it's not as good as his earlier albums, it is still quite good

From a technical standpoint, he could be
He just doesn't apply his abilities very well

eminem is a good, even subtle, writer at the peak of his ability. songs like kim, stan and maybe mockingbird. he has extremely low lows but not like it can't be ignored. And he's just really relateable on songs like rock bottom and brain damage. as far as his technical ability is concerned he was a genuine creative and technical force, but not a unique one. he hasn't done anything notable since Marshall Mathers lp