Musicals

Out of curiosity, what's your favorite musical, Sup Forums?
I've always been partial to Rocky Horror, myself. The music's fun, the writing is hilarious, the movie is still my favorite film of all time, it's one of the many things me and my best friend bonded over, and the remake sucks but whatever the original's still good.

(in case you're wondering, second favorite movie is john carpenter's the thing. blasphemy, i know, to put rhps over it, but whatever, judge me however you like.)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dJuJcCx5-xE
youtube.com/watch?v=LtwPIty0MGI
youtube.com/watch?v=-ry0PRlbJJc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Little Shop of Horrors is fun

I really enjoyed that movie, too. My favorite part was always the Be A Dentist song, mainly because Steve Martin is delightful when he's evil.

i hate that this weird shit has good music

And that's why soundtrack albums are amazing. Even if you personally dislike the musical itself you can just find the soundtrack and listen to the awesome music.

Jesus Christ superstar is unironically amazing

This one was addicting when I was in my teen years. I haven't seen it in a long while though. Ranks just a little below RHPS for me.

les mis is the goat musical, no contest

Urinetown

Couldn't agree more, Stars is gorgeous as well as Javert Suicide

I have yet to listen to it, might do that tonight.

Hello Dolly is the goat Barbara Streisand musical (even if it was a movie) and I will battle anyone who chooses to contest this

west side story

I don't like musicals in general but I enjoyed Victor Victoria and Hair. I tried watching Rocky Horror but didn't finish it but I wasn't really in the mood at the time.

>that original Judas

JEEEESSSUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSS

man i haven't listened to hair in forever. thanks for reminding me!

check out Shock Treatment, the "equal, not a sequel" to Rocky Horror, they film isn't as tight but the music is fantastic.

YOU NEED A BIT OF
*stomps on glasses*
OOH, SHOCK TREATMEEENT
oh yeah i love shock treatment's music for sure

Musicals are to music what progressivism is to progress.

>put on Les Mis
>I cri everyim

My favorite original musical soundtrack is Rocky Horror Picture Show. Over At The Frankenstein Place and Superheroes are so well written that they could be Beatles songs.

The movie itself though I see as just kind of a novelty. It's cringy as hell, but it's still fun considering the awesome soundtrack... and Susan Sarandon is hot as hell, so at least theres something to ogle over.

I don't know if it qualifies as a true blue musical, but The Blues Brothers would be easily in my top 10 movies of all time.

never got into musicals. only ones i own are animated musicals for which the appeal for me is more as animated movies than as musicals.

The only actual broadway live production I've ever seen

It was fucking fantastic, the story was great and some of the songs are even better than the original versions.

Sweeney Todd and/or Pacific Overtures are my favorites.

Sondheim is excellent, and I look forward to hearing that next musical when it comes through the pipeline, even if Road Show was a disappointment.

it's a pastiche of classic sci-fi and horror b-movies combined with over the top campy bisexual fun. it's a ridiculous movie. and that's why so many people love it.

I fucking love Rocky Horror.
I used to be all over Hair when I was a teen, and now I think my favorite is Little Shop of Horrors.
It's a briliant movie (with the original ending).

Mama Mia and barbie and the princess and the pauper are two of my favorite musicals

Unironically la la land, it makes me so happy

>musical
can someone explain the appeal of musicals to a non-American?
isn't it just opera with dancing?

The fuck are you talking about dog, I'm east european and love musicals.

You might have to be gay or a girl to get it though.

Dancer in the Dark.

Careful with that edge, Eugene

The director of The Blue Brother is responsible for the death of two children on a movie set.

and even worse, he's responsible for making pic related.

Awesome. What movie?

On the down low I sort of unironically enjoy some of the Tumblr-core musicals. Heathers specifically remains a pet favorite of mine (damn you, Sup Forums).

(Nice Dubs)

Both are great musicals.

Also check out Hedwig and The Angry Inch, along with Phantom of The Paradise.

Hamilton is something I thought was memed to death and that I would hate it but after it seeing it live I enjoyed it.

Fuck me gently with a chainsaw.

Murray Head?

Lazarus needs some love here.
youtube.com/watch?v=dJuJcCx5-xE
youtube.com/watch?v=LtwPIty0MGI
youtube.com/watch?v=-ry0PRlbJJc

Not ashamed to admit that I know pretty much all the lyrics.

operas generally don't have scenes without singing

musicals do