Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=okVVKhCUBDw
youtube.com/watch?v=DnedDvXYr8A
youtube.com/watch?v=tik6ZiYd5Rw&list=PLjYYHmgo2zw4nok1vngRB4Z9qzuQDUyby&index=4
youtube.com/watch?v=fokxUNcQGb0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

shitty music

DUDE

Interesting guy, I like his stuff, think he's a decent producer. Some of his ideas are hit or miss, but respect what he does.

i'M

He should make another Mutant and leave the strained nasal gargles to bjork. Anoche. More like, "uh, no gay"

v gay

he's fine
don't know why people loved s/t so much

also accurate

best producer in the world atm anybody who thinks otherwise off themselves

Gay Autechre

this guy gets it

although his last album wasn't quite as strong execution wise as his last two

Some nice works. Peaked with his IDM stuff.
2017 s/t is heavily uninspired. That and his persona are a bit overrated.
Better as a producer than as a musician.
"Interesting" past (pic related).

I actually really like the sonic shift of s/t. I agree the singing wasn't executed as well as the influences he wears on his sleeve (Bjork) but the production itself was still immaculate. If anything he showed he has much more depth and originality with his latest even though it might not have been his best outing.

I barely care about his music, I just want to cum in his boipussy desu ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Autechre doing a gay voice

epitome of boring modern overproduced idm

don't get me wrong S/T is top three arca for me personally I just felt like he sacrificed some of the intricacies of the production in order to add his voice

I'm secretly hoping we get a "back to form" project before the next album since it appears he's going to continue with this new direction

In case you don't believe me, this is his music 9 and a half years ago:
youtube.com/watch?v=okVVKhCUBDw

This is also another thing I hate about the whole ordeal.
The comment sections of his videos are basically 40 year old South American gay men wanting to fuck him.

> I just felt like he sacrificed some of the intricacies of the production in order to add his voice

Yeah that was sort of what I was trying to say in my last post but imo it worked out for the better. But I agree a Mutant 2 or another &&&&&-type mixtape would be amazing. I didn't realize how much I missed that Arca.

i like his shit and i really enjoyed s/t

What should I listen to by him?

>Mutant 2

If this album were to ever be made it would be the greatest thing ever

Jesus Christ so it's true everyone is fucking terrible when they first start out making music

Listen to both of the Stretch mixtapes then dive into Xen

Xen. Keep going and weep as it gets less and less interesting.

I still haven't found a better song this year than Reverie. Not a single one.

Is he ever gonna make a real album and not a collection of 3-4 minutes of weird noises?

>Jesus Christ so it's true everyone is fucking terrible when they first start out making music
its pretty good tho.
iirc scaruffi suspects he does that on purpose as part of his agenda.

i feel like if he could somehow incorporate some of his haunting vocals into a mutant-type album, it'd be his best release yet. i fucking love the vocals on saunter, and i would love more of that shit but with the production of xen, mutant or &&&&&&

>real album

hello there rockist

good producer. but his songwriting is always so fucking weak

Great post!

he got a pretty mouth

GAY

What did he even do on yeezus? He's recognized as one of the most important minds behind it but I hear nothing on it that sounds like him.

Wouldn't be surprised if he did mixing and mastering.

>He's recognized as one of the most important minds behind it but I hear nothing on it that sounds like him.

thats what a good producer does dumbass.

Not really. Particularly not in hip-hop.

HURRRR DURRRR HE SUX HE CANT SING HE RUINED VULNICURA
remember like a year ago when everyone here loved him? He's really good, s/t is decent but a step down

it was best for a Kanye solo album to no recognize immediately "oh shit that's arca" is what user meant

yeah but its not a regular hip hop release. same thing with AE. evian christ again(who was involved with yeezus) with dannys helped produced a work that would help the artist. instead of the producer giving us something similiar to what they already released but with a rapper on top of it.

Here, this will blow your mind.

Skip to 2:18 of Hold My Liquor
>youtube.com/watch?v=DnedDvXYr8A

Now, Arca
>youtube.com/watch?v=tik6ZiYd5Rw&list=PLjYYHmgo2zw4nok1vngRB4Z9qzuQDUyby&index=4

didn't notice that. arca is a genius

Wow great catch

Looks and acts like every alt-neogoth gay boy I know who studies Media/Psychology and does coke in smelly venues on Chicago house nights

>he sacrificed some of the intricacies of the production in order to add his voice
that was smart of him

there are trade-offs I think between vocals and his type of production. I mean look at his production for other vocalists. it's also very stripped back

And here's another for you
>youtube.com/watch?v=fokxUNcQGb0
This track is called HBA War by Dutch E. Germ, who did the soundtrack for an HBA runway show. No doubt it was Arca's sample choice. You probably already recognize it from New Slaves.

jfc
i wonder if arca helped made that

Neat

wow did people seriously not like s/t? It's his best project in my opinion (Stretch 2 comes close) and is easily AOTY for me. His older stuff feels like IDM filler. s/t made me a fan and appreciate that shit a lot more. his singing gives it such a melancholic an eerie feel to it that I love. I can see his influences such as Oneohtrix Point Never and Björk, yet it feels like such a unique album

nice smooth boipussy

They like the weird noise collages

I'm not 100% sure but I think he might be gay.

Arteezy sucks