SmiLE - The Definitive Version

Is this the definitive version of SmiLE?
www47.zippyshare.com/v/65866430/file.html

albumsthatneverwere.blogspot.com/2013/09/the-beach-boys-smile-1967.html

Other urls found in this thread:

popmatters.com/feature/racializing-rock-the-60s-and-the-white-sounds-of-pet-sounds/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

There is no "definitive" version of SMiLE. Even Brian himself has no idea what it really might've sounded back in '67. BWPS is just the closest we have to an "official" tracklisting.

Really it's just a matter of preference.

SMiLE is a collection of fragments and musical ideas with no "proper" or "real" track order

Why should anyone care

Im listening to Smiley Smile right now.

patrician's Smile

I'm gonna be real listening through the BWPS listing of Smile Sessions, SMiLE sounds fairly complete for what it's worth. With a few more vocals here and there and some cleaning up here and there they probably could have released it as a full album; shit just happened and nobody ever got around to putting the damn thing together. The sporadic and disparate nature of the album isn't a side effect of the album's incomplete nature; it's part of the design of the original album. It was never going to be as tightly packed as Pet Sounds.

this obviously isn't true, and if you read dude's explanation on the blog, it makes a lot of sense. the Sessions setlist was based on concert performances.

Smiley Smile and the track Surfs Up is the TRVE

i think you mean the album* Surf's Up

that's not smile though, it's smiley smile, a different album that just happened to have some redone smile songs on it

the only smile song on surf's up is the song surf's up

cabinessence and our prayer were on 20/20

i guess you could count cool cool water on sunflower too

Nice false flag!

Listening to SMiLE Sessions and realizing all of the tracks are supposed to have vocals is painful

the whole point of smile was to try to use the band's status as the "american band" to talk about things no other white musicians were talking about in the music like manifest destiny, genocide, slave labor, and the evil deeds of the white man. they were literally one of the least racist bands out there at the time, also in the early 70s they became one of the first big bi-racial bands when they got ricky and blondie. Besides using their "privilege" to talk about racial issues on smile, they did a lot to bring light to health conscious living and ecological/environmental issues that are still relevant (probably more so) today

what was said before it was deleted/removed

why do you think that? pet sounds contained two instrumentals (although it is claimed that they once had lyrics/melody) and many other albums feature an instrumental or two both before and after smile

>Fuck off no one cares about a bunch of racist privileged white boy music from the 50s. Talk about something relevant.

real talk, I want Sup Forums to leave. Like, mass ban any regular posters on the board, it'd be amazing. Guarantee you more tears more delicious than April Furs Day

It's all good.

compared to every other beach boys album there are a lot more instrumentals. also it was unfinishde anyway.

ugh it sounds like they read this article:
popmatters.com/feature/racializing-rock-the-60s-and-the-white-sounds-of-pet-sounds/

Look! and Holidays are the only real instrumentals

Pet Sounds also had Let's Go Away for a While and Pet Sounds

all the other songs had vocals to some degree

>Musicologist Philip Lambert even highlights what another musicologist calls a “Levittown sixth” chord present on Pet Sounds,
named as such because Billy Joel used it later. Levittowns were
suburban American settlements built for whites after World War II, so
even this chord can be designated as a symbol of whiteness.

it's an obv false flag tbqh

Stop.

I don't agree with the article, I was just pointing out the resemblance between what was said. I love pet sounds, man.

oh i didn't know what TRVE meant. Smiley Smile is not SMiLE, fuck Mike Love.

Sup Forums would literally take the opposite stance, tho. they'd be shouting the 'n' word on some hip hop thread

It's called a falseflag. They do it all the time.