Found a mysterious USB stick on the sidewalk yesterday, what are the chances its more that what it seems?

Found a mysterious USB stick on the sidewalk yesterday, what are the chances its more that what it seems?

"more than what it seems?"

You mean a fucking USB stick?

It probably has viruses or illegal pics or some shit. Download Tails Linux, run a live distro and open it. Post results.

awaiting the posting of the file directory

Run recuva also. Post results.

This user knows

Like a data logger or key grabber

also use a hub

Stop being a faggot and plug it in. If its a random drop with cool shit copy and go hide somewhere. If illegal shit tell the cops.

Lel this is how the fucking Defense Department got infected in '08.

what why?

Are you retarded?

TAILS OS would probably not allow anything to run without work arounds by the user and even if it did run who cares? Windows is tied to hardware now you can just reinstall in minutes.

it might have nothing on it

still there OP

NCIS told me that viruses can propagate through the power supply though.

i knowa usb killer works via capacitors and fryes your mb more or less, not sofware wise.

Just disconect computer from network and try it post results

This. Common strategy to hack. Just leave an USB stick at a company with a Trojan or some other nice software. Curiousity gets the upper hand and you can guess the rest.

I found one too a few days bk was new with nothing on it just try it disconnect from network first

Already found 5 USB sticks. Mostly some work or personal documents. Nothing interesting.

Having shoved a paper clip into usb ports for hours on end in elementary school Im pretty sure the computers should all have fail safes in place.

Decided to open it on a old laptop thats disconnected to the internet. Heres whats inside (kinda disappointing).

Use a data restore program and post results please

This

Maybe you can restore some good shit

Still nothing interesting

Nigger you gotta play that game

Nothing with "deep scan" or something? Try Recuva

Nah, nothing else. Welp sorry to waste your time people. But in the end, I did get a lit af emulator.

Found one once in a sort of suspicious location. Thought maybe it was a spy drop or some n00dz. Took it home all excited and it was a bunch of payroll shit for a Red Robin. Or it LOOKED that way, and I couldn't crack the code.

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT
-The Reply

This, download RECUVA