Unironically as close to an objective stance as you can get on this. One could argue Quebec

Unironically as close to an objective stance as you can get on this. One could argue Quebec.

You see, Ween fans are the type of fans that want to appear "different" in every social interaction. They seek out weird music, they put pineapple on their pizza, I'm sure they wear socks with sandals in an irony turned post-irony move.

The thing about Ween is that they always had the creative chops. Just not the confidence. They are the equivalent of the super smart trouble maker in school that just wont apply himself. Dean Ween even stated, "I will say that the only record that I ever felt really confident about was The Mollusk. That's my favorite record we've ever done."

With The Mullusk they finally applied their enormous talent to make their masterpiece.

The problem? Well, they had already built up this fanbase obsessed with weirdo image and they've done their best to NOT elevate this incredible album. The dipshits send people on their way to the audio dutch oven that is The Pod as their first taste of Ween and potential fans get scared off.

Good show you image obsessed geeks. You may think your (failing) attempt to elevate The Pod, Pure Guava, or Chocolate and Cheese translates to people thinking that you're super interesting... well you're not. You the indie equivalent of a manic pixie girl.

>look mom, I posted it again!

>doesnt even save the image

poor baby

As good as The Mollusk was, I enjoyed Quebec an equal amount.

>they put pineapple on their pizza
i'm not going to lie, i'm not perticularly a ween fan, but i do shit like this because i unironically like it. i couldnt give a shit what people think as i generally don't talk to them unless i want or need to. i couldn't care less about my image, and i only wear socks with sandals when i'm lazy but it's also cold outside.
some people are just weird cause that's the way they are user, but ill agree with you that people do stupid shit like this to appear quirky.

What

>being so entry level that anyone with less general taste is just pretending

This is one of my favorite albums but I'm a boring friendless NEET who doesn't leave his parents' house. It's fun and has some very impressive audio engineering work.

>being this mad

Quebec is even better from an engineering standpoint.

ok

Got any insight on that?

keep listening to ocean man pleb

Listen to it.

Not good enough.

How about now?

no

Composition is important too and I don't remember enjoying it as much. The mollusk had a good balance.

I don't think I'll ever understand the appeal of Ween. Their music is the most bland, boring, inoffensive early-2000s soft rock shit imaginable.

but I never even see people talk about their music, every time people praise them they just talk about how random and epic xD 'The Deaner' is and how he doesn't give a f*ck about anything !!

I feel like you actually are a Ween fan.

The mollusk is fun but too gimmicky. I agree it's a good starting album for people getting into ween, but I would not even place it in their top 3.

>too gimmicky
m8 its like you didnt even get it. the thing is a series of satires of rock archetypes. its a concept album about satirizing rock concepts. the gimmicks are the whole fucking point

>but I never even see people talk about their music, every time people praise them they just talk about how random and epic xD 'The Deaner' is and how he doesn't give a f*ck about anything !!
I dont believe youve ever heard this, in speech or type

What's your top 3?

The dipshits send people on their way to the audio dutch oven that is The Pod as their first taste of Ween and potential fans get scared off.

I'm confused. I just started listening to ween a few weeks ago and started with The Pod since I loved the Leonard Cohen parody cover art, not knowing anything about the music. It's fucking fantastic and makes me want to dive headfirst into the rest of their catalog. What kind of pleb would be scared off by such a high quality album?

>It's fucking fantastic
You might as well go to GWS and then chronologically from Pure Guava.

>but I never even see people talk about their music, every time people praise them they just talk about how random and epic xD 'The Deaner' is and how he doesn't give a f*ck about anything !!
this is a lie
you don't have to make shit up to justify not liking a band, you know. you can just say to yourself "I don't like this band" and be done with it