MODERN CLASSIC

lol yes and love are overrated af

>excuse me
youtube.com/watch?v=NRlDo3JuzfI
good song

>I WAS BORN IN THE WRONG GENERATION
fuck off. they're all good albums

Carlos!

Yeah I still can't believe that piece of shit Forever Changes is still on the top 100.

This is literally affirmative action list making. No one actually thinks hip hop is legitimate and better than something as deep/complex as Yes.

But then again these lists were retarded to begin with. Music """"journalism"""" has been cancer since its inception.

>conscious hip hop
the fuck does that even mean?

>Conscious hip hop is a term applied to Hip Hop artists whose lyrics deal with social issues. It has parallels with Political Hip Hop, although its focus is extended to topics such as religion, African American culture, everyday life and the state of hip hop itself. The term, while widely used by both fans and writers, is often the subject of controversy; artists such as Mos Def and Talib Kweli have rebelled against being labelled as strictly "conscious" rappers. Musically, conscious hip hop is a very broad sub-genre, embracing the whole spectrum of hip hop. However, a more chilled out Jazz Rap-influenced style of production is perhaps the most commonly used.

Yes is the real problem here

>love
>white

Agreed. Should be at least 10 positions higher.

t. Schlomo Shillstein

It's basically any music that liberals consider lyrically acceptable. Then they parade it about as an example of how blacks and leftism go hand in hand. In reality, most of it is too misogynistic, etc for libs.

It's a fabricated genre. Basically think rap featured on NPR. No one actually likes most of that shit.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA *breathes in*
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

explain what's funny about that

It's so nebulous it's practically meaningless to consider it a genre. It's like "guitar music". What the fuck is that?

hilarious

Lol are you fucking kidding me? TPAB is easily on the same level as close to the edge

Prog is the cringiest genre alive, go practice your mixolydian modes you pretentious pieces of shit

this desu
prepare for a bunch of angry Sup Forumssters replying with ">nigger music"

>cringiest
reddit

Nice argument, or lack thereof

Now talk about how great modal jazz is.

In musical talent, depth, complexity? Originality? Spare me. His lyrics are cringey bullshit and he didn't do a single original thing.

>defending prog
reddit

The autistic shitfits Sup Forums throws over hip-hop will always be a beautiful sight to behold. Imagine: an entire board so far up its own ass it'd rather choke on its shit than admit the existence of a world outside of its own cancerous bubble.

>His lyrics are cringey bullshit
>while defending Yes
lmao

Except most people here like hip-hop

because most people here aren't memelords who hate an entire genre because "lol niggers XD"
although a lot of them are, unfortunately

prog rock is boring wank for autists that stand for nothing

I've seen Yes live twice and Kendrick live once. Personally, I would rate Close to the Edge a bit higher TPAB but I can completely accept someone thinking the opposite. If you categorically hate hip hop, fine, but within the context of the genre TPAB is easily one of the best albums of the decade. Cross genre music rankings are kind of dumb anyway IMO. It's like judging a prime steak against finely baked pastry. I'm just not really sure what logical basis for comparison there is.

TPAB is the best album here

I agree, I'm sick of young white ladies listening to that vile nigger music. Artists such as The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Elvis Presley, and Chuck Berry get their cheeks all heated up with their raunchy singing and encourage such debauchery as swing dancing between unmarried couples and even total strangers. We need to keep such degenerate sinful lusts out of our wholesome culture.

THIS

It's not a matter of hip hop, to me it's that Kendrick Lamar sounds bad. Just compare him to stuff like Cypress Hills who are probably far lower in ranking pretty much everywhere.

>stands for nothing
Music doesn't have to "stand for something." It's an open creative medium.

>if you don't like hip hop you're racist
This gets me every time lol. The genre isn't nearly diverse enough to suggest you HAVE to like something. That's not true of rock btw.

>lower RYM rating than GKMC
>fewer reviews than GKMC
>fewer ratings than GKMC
>TPAB is higher
why does TPAB in general get so much affirmative action?

t. sheltered white teenager

Yeah sorry I got really drunk, I feel dreadful about it, please forgive me.

>if you don't like hip hop you're racist
never said that. don't deny that some people here spam the ">nigger music" bullshit all the time.
you can dislike hip hop, i don't really care. the genre is more diverse than you seem to think, though

Tell me what interesting ground hip hop has broken. Pro tip, sampling white rock songs is not breaking new ground lol

I simply said it's not as diverse as rock, and that's an indisputable fact. Also, I prefer not to be around blacks but they're not bad in one on one interactions

t. "woke" autist
Fuck making music for fun. You have to preach to people or it's pointless, right?

>I simply said it's not as diverse as rock
>The genre isn't nearly diverse enough to suggest you HAVE to like something
no you didn't
>Also, I prefer not to be around blacks but they're not bad in one on one interactions
lol ok

being preachy and standing for something are not mutually exclusive

you sure told him. if you don't like yes i'd listen to their album drama, it has a more poppy sound.

I mean blacks are not pleasant to be around once there's too many of them. Even the most liberal whites believe this subconsciously (notice where they live). I know blacks really like living around white people, so they must feel the same way.

Anyway, hip hop isn't diverse enough to suggest you have to like something. Give me examples of two songs that are so different they seem like different genres.

That's really easy to do with rock.

gkmc is still better

Ctte > tpab > love

not that guy but listen to Planet Rock then Death Grapes

hip hop is more of a subgenre of electronic music than a major genre itself. obviously it's not as diverse as rock, but that literally says nothing about the quality of the music
>Give me examples of two songs that are so different they seem like different genres.
youtube.com/watch?v=a70fu7M9tmc
youtube.com/watch?v=PWgvGjAhvIw

youtube.com/watch?v=y2cQvZPX3OY meme grips

youtu.be/leeCy4bxYxs

>Give me examples of two songs that are so different they seem like different genres.

youtube.com/watch?v=3ZAPtFRpuu8

youtube.com/watch?v=CKkafaZL4IQ

Who the fuck listens to Yes?

music enthusiasts

white teenagers

White teenagers in 1976?

grown black men

youtube.com/watch?v=x4Yn6XEbV7g

Musicians and intelligent people

lol this delusion

intelligent people listen to jazz and classical and almost nothing else

Prog rock in many cases is a synthesis of both of those genres

If you think there hasnt been an increase in sexual and moral liberalism you are deluded

>he thinks that's a bad thing
I wish I had a good fedora pic on hand

no, it is not

it is derivative of them, certainly, but not a "synthesis"

why do white people make music you'd want to die to? I mean Kid A, Hospice, Bon Iver's entire catalogue, what is all this shit? fucking neutral milk hotel? You motherfuckers are all just waiting to nod off. blessed are the sleepy, I suppose.

>conscious hip hop

This might be the only genre tag I've ever heard that's worse than IDM. Kendrick is okay but anybody who genuinely believes TPAB or GKMC deserves to be considered a top 100 all time album must not listen to any music made before 1990. When did RYM become such a parody of its former self?

it's especially ironic because white people have literally nothing to be depressed about

they own the world

yes totally. haha. white people all sitting on thrones watching the rest of the world work their fields.

If that were true than your filthy hip hop "music" wouldn't be allowed on this board, but that's not the case, is it?

close to the edge sucks, all the songs are too long, fragile is their best album.

Kendrick Lamar is the most overrated artist of all time and it's not even close.

you clearly dont know what youre talking about

this isn't "good music"

seriously

people who like Yes

Me

nice to know owning things will fill the void :)

>all these losers arguing over which albums should be ranked higher on an arbitrary website instead of talking about the music

Fucking kek

>caring about Rate Your Meme
i want reddit to leave

Jews aren't white, goyim. For shame!

Jew and whites are the same thing, you're both white assholes who keep the black man down while you're in power making money off of them. Fuck y'all. Your "religion" is the only difference but you all the same doing the same shit. Fuck you, you always been there leeching off the black man's wealth like a parasite.

because hiphop fans are stupid and dont know how to rate music

Wtf I love black people now.

It's a rateyourmusic chart, users gave it that rating

not everything is a conspiracy to shit on white people user

it's not just the black man, jews leech off everyone's wealth. when people blame "whites", they should look at who is really in charge disproportionately.

I know man. I wonder why these 6/10s are in the top 100 as well

this is actually a good bait
mademereply/10

>caring about album lists

god this board is shit

Give your wealth back to the BLACK MAN.

"Whites and Jews = Bad News" - Malcolm X

>le jews are infecting our white culture with (c)rap

>I mean blacks are not pleasant to be around once there's too many of them
>really guys I promise I'm not racist

Incredible. An entire thread of people who didn't bother reading the actual album ratings.