How the heck do people survive headshots? If you took a...

How the heck do people survive headshots? If you took a .45 and shot dead center of the side of the head wouldnt that kill you? Wouldnt you loose a lot of blood? I font get how people survive it

What about just a shot the forehead with something like a 12 gauge or 30-06, think thats survivable?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phineas_Gage
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0901502712002159
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yeah to the forehead means dead

lol okay

If someone survives a bullet or shrapnel to the head it means that, assuming it penetrates the skull, it passes through and destroys only brain tissue that's not directly responsible for stuff that you need for the body to keep itself going. Google Phineas Gage, dude had a rod blasted through his skull but survived it. Sure, his personality changed afterwards, but he survived it because it went through the frontal bit of the brain, which deals with higher level stuff

That's not how it works, The majority of your brains mass is used for memory, linguistic ability, motor function, and other cognition. The part of your Brain in charge of your heart lungs and most vital functions is pretty small, and its at the bottom of your skull, your brain-stem or medulla oblongata. While you would lose a fair amount of blood because of your brains necessary oxygen intake, it's fairly survivable. Although there is pretty much no scenario in which you would still be the same person as far as mental faculties.

head transplants though

That. 300 round in OPs pic ought to do a pretty good job of cleaning most of the grey matter out of somebody's brain pan. JSP to the forehead - sploosh.

lol if a shotgun was pressed to a forehead wouldnt that make the whole brain blow out the back?

what do you think would be the outcome of leabing over a double barrel 12 gauge with 2 slugs in it to the forehead? id say no brain left lol

also awesome gif

You need to kill the reptilian core brain. The monkey brain wraps around that, then the human brain wraps around that. Kill the brain where your spine meets your skull. Back of the mouth. Don't waste time shooting yourself in the temple. Completely destroy the spine/brain connection. Nothing left.

depends on what part of the brain is destroyed

Your forehead is the most protected part of your head.
The worst place to get hit is the neck.
A 9mm shot at close range has a reasonable chance of not penetrating your forehead.

see
what would that do you think? is that surviveable?

not him but when the barrel is pressed against the skin you get the destruction caused by the slug/shot as well as the interesting effect of all the hot expanding gases that accelerate the slug/shot down the barrel being partially vented into the skull, as less escapes into the surrounding air, causing more of a blast effect

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phineas_Gage

thats true

but all i was meaning is that if someone can survive a 9mm to the forehead could anyone live through 2 12 gauge slugs

i just wonder where the line is for not living through a headshot

Fagget, real life isnt CS:GO! oh, wait..

Yep. Thats why the Welrod is designed with an indentation around the end of the barrel, because its a gun specifically designed for assassination work and to be used in some cases against a human skull.
It already allows gas to escape into the spaces between the baffles to quiet the shot, so the indentation is sufficient to contain the remaining gas and prevent a messy result.

I think shotguns in general pack more punch that most firearms.
A double barrel is overkill.

See also:

Sploosh. No way.

it would blow most of your head off i'd imagine, this guy is right about the release of gas from the gun, but if you don't damage the brain stem and had medical attention within a reasonable amount of time you could survive. It wouldn't be worth saving you, but you could survive hypothetically. it would largely have to do with the angle in that scenario.

A friend of my grandfarther who was in the SS in WW2 was shot in the temple by an american sniper, so I'd assume the was 30-06 or simmilar. He only recently passed away.

The fuck is a head transplant

Speed, weight, and shape are what decide terminal effects with bullets.

Your typical 9mm weighs .25 ounce and is going approx 1150 fps.
Shotgun slug weighs 1 ounce and is going 1600 fps

Name of the paper is Gun orientation in self-inflicted craniomaxillofacial gunshot wounds: risk factors associated with fatality
If you attend a university with an elsevier subscription this link will probably work sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0901502712002159

Please feel free to cite some specific, verifiable examples where people have been shot in the cranium with .30 caliber rounds and above and survived.

lol fair point

it's as the name implies, tard.

There's a ton of verifiable examples that meet your criteria.
Just google survives 9mm headshot. 9mm is .35 caliber.

tinyurl_dot_com/8lg68bj

A solid pistol round is a lot different than buckshot or a high velocity rifle slug.

It comes down to luck, mostly. Did the bullet hit anything immediately critical? Is EMS fast enough to scrape his sorry ass of the concrete before the blood loss finishes the job? If you get to the hospital with a pulse, they can keep you alive with pretty much no problem, ethics and human decency be damned.

lol 2 slugs about an inch right above the eyes though could that be revivable? i seriously cant picture that for some reason but maybe im too used to seeing it mean dead in movies

yep thats dead

CHOPPING MALL