Good Christian music?

I'm thinking of contemporary stuff specifically, but you can reference classical music too if you want. I honestly don't know if there's any good Christian stuff out there, but I'd like to make it a part of my catalog.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lypO8pt_8NQ
youtube.com/watch?v=5kubSsm5l6k
youtube.com/watch?v=hP0nl8mjQxs
youtube.com/watch?v=QjzSfOb3DfQ
youtube.com/watch?v=QmBN8taRq1M
youtube.com/watch?v=AeRDJjp_Lq8
youtube.com/watch?v=cI7k2tolfF0
youtu.be/xOgkUe2437o
youtube.com/watch?v=IZJCIp8i4Ko
youtube.com/watch?v=GaLNicVDC6g
pastebin.com/dgqjiSgs
youtube.com/watch?v=01hOwIyFXaM
youtu.be/IcYKEGNQGJc
youtu.be/BNj2BXW852g
youtu.be/5hucTDV1Fvo
youtube.com/watch?v=8D7iT2MT00o
youtube.com/watch?v=lJWjdc0DFFI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Washington Phillips

Stick with Gospel/Soul and Folk.

Avoid rap and rock at all costs.

youtube.com/watch?v=lypO8pt_8NQ

These guys are with JC
youtube.com/watch?v=5kubSsm5l6k

The GOAT.

I'm assuming Dylan's Christian music is shit. Never heard it, but it was after his voice went to anus.

One of my favorite albums

youtube.com/watch?v=hP0nl8mjQxs
song of my people

I like a lot of congregational recordings from the early 20th century

youtube.com/watch?v=QjzSfOb3DfQ

youtube.com/watch?v=QmBN8taRq1M

youtube.com/watch?v=AeRDJjp_Lq8

This is the best
I'm not religious but this album is the closest I've ever come to being religious

Are you meming or is it really that good? Don't fucking meme me.

No it's unironically good

I know the cover makes it look like a Memphis Rap album but it's actually an incredibly well textured post-rock/shoegaze concept album about Texas being the holy land during Christ's second coming.

If you don't believe me
youtube.com/watch?v=cI7k2tolfF0

It's a shoegaze/post-rock double concept album about the second coming of Christ in Texas. Listen if it appeals to you

Holy shit what. Why is this so life changing and good?

Damn. This is probably the happiest I've ever been with a Sup Forums rec, mostly because it's so.... surprising and different. I mean, most stuff I'd probably eventually find on my own but this is... dang.

Fair warning though, it does the thing where the last track is 30 minutes long but it's actually 10 minutes with a bonus track at the end. Just telling you right now before you get extremely disappointed.

Why do bands do
>this

It is.
youtu.be/xOgkUe2437o

No Malice for the hippity hoppers here

I remember listening to this when I was younger.

>Chevelle
>POD
>Creed

LUL

>Chevelle
What is this

if you're into real heavy stuff maybe you can check out a band called creed

mewithoutyou

youtube.com/watch?v=IZJCIp8i4Ko
youtube.com/watch?v=GaLNicVDC6g

This.

Copied this from a Sup Forums thread on catholicism
pastebin.com/dgqjiSgs

This list is surprisingly pretty good

>mewithoutyou
Absolutely heretical

youtube.com/watch?v=01hOwIyFXaM
DIVINE MENTAL BIOPSY REVEALS YOU NEED PSYCHO SURGERYYYYYYYY

I've been enjoying the work of Blind Willie Johnson recently

youtu.be/IcYKEGNQGJc
youtu.be/BNj2BXW852g
youtu.be/5hucTDV1Fvo

Current 93

For people that actually listened to them, their albums were mostly hard rock, the singles were radio-friendly but they were all great stuff.

I'm pretty sure that Mark Hollis himself isn't actually a Christian, but this album's lyrics deal heavily with Christian themes..

I wish Christian music approached their themes in more abstract ways. I want more primal spirituality, more walls of noise heralding the coming of God, more poetic lyrics (and more diverse lyrical content than "You are mah godddd n u lif the chains frum my necck."
Because then you end up with shit like this
youtube.com/watch?v=8D7iT2MT00o

It's weird, because Christianity was the driving force behind most art and popular culture many years ago, and now there's hardly any Christianity in the mainstream culture. Guess that's just how history and society works.

If you're looking for more rock/emo, I think Hotel Books deals with faith themes. Same with Have Mercy

I'm not even religious and this is a good album. Cover is HORRIBLE, but I think it was meant to be ironic.

Yeah. If I remember, he even said that the themes were meant to be more universal, rather than just in one faith. Except I Believe in You, which everyone thinks is an obviously Christian song. Hollis came out and said it was an anti heroin song.

>This list
I can get Sufjan Stevens, but
>mewithoutYou is Christian
Lel

Current 93 is the greatest. The lyrics cover christianity and other fairytales / ideologies in a cool way

Most interesting take on religion I've ever heard. And one of the most powerful.

Blackhouse
Keith Green
Phil Keaggy
Eddie Degarmo and Dana Key (both individually and together as Degarma & Key)
Steve Taylor
King Shon and Tha S.S.M.O.B.
Insyderz
Supertones
Belle & Sebastian
Jars of Clay
Ten Shekel Shirt
MxPx
The Civil Wars
Underoath

this OP

>I want more primal spirituality, more walls of noise heralding the coming of God
Back in the days when pretty much music's only purpose was in the church, everyone had a crisis about "muh material pleasures" and "emotional powers of music too stronk" but I don't really know how thought has moved past that point. Obviously Christians nowadays don't really care about that. Some might.

Neat song, kinda wtf because I generally really dislike religion and religious messages.

why are you in this thread lmao

Fuck you, what kind of question is that?

Dude I don't fucking know it's 1am so I'm basically just clicking links aimlessly

Fuck you, what kind of overreaction is that?

Fuck you, what kind of overreactions are there?

get drunk and listen to bach
youtube.com/watch?v=lJWjdc0DFFI

The 1980 demo version of Every Grain of Sand (included on the Bootleg Vols 1-3 album) is easily one of the best recordings of his career, there's also a few other gems from the period but for the most part it isn't worthwhile and also, it's not not necessarily your flavor of Christian, especially on Slow Train Coming it's a very angry sort of Christianity

Two Christian classic songs I find myself returning to a lot these days are Jerusalem by Simon Finn and I Have Seen Him by Dave Bixby

George Michael
Madonna
Zz top
Soul savers
Mark Lannegan
Qotsa did that one song
Earth's last album maybe
Velvet underground
Hopsin struggles with faith
Nick Cave

You've pretty much got my whole brain on here . My favourite song! Spirit in the sky

Whatever happens God will save us. Amen.

>Spirit in the sky
Fuck off, Oh Happy Day by the Edwin Hawkins Singers was the superior classic from that era

Gold by Starflyer 59 is a pretty decent shoegaze album

Nice

Judee Sill. Someone thread me

Kendrick Lamar has unironically a lot of nice Christian messages in his music, but you probably knew that. You can hear it in Sing About Me, How Much A Dollar Cost, Loyalty..

already posted her :)