Atheism is the fastest shrinking religion in the world. Atheism is in decline worldwide...

Atheism is the fastest shrinking religion in the world. Atheism is in decline worldwide, with the number of atheists falling from 4.5% of the world’s population in 1970 to 2.0% in 2010 and projected to drop to 1.8% by 2020,

Real surveys and statistics say atheism is on the decline worldwide. Sorry atheists but atheism is not on the rise nor is it winning. It’s still the minority and a declining one at that.

The Pew Research Center’s statistics show that atheism is expected to continue to decline all the way into 2050 with a continued growth of religion. Other research also shows a huge surge in growth for Christianity in China which is currently the world’s most “atheist” nation because of the atheist communist government suppressing religion, the research suggests that China will soon become the world’s most Christian nation within 15 years.

This is simply history repeating itself: Christianity prospered in Rome back in the ancient era when it was suppressed and it still grew in the militant atheist soviet Russia when it was suppressed there only a century ago with the majority of Russians today now also identifying as Christian. Just goes to show that atheist suppression of religion still doesn’t stop religion.

Sources for the legion of whiny /Redditor/ fedoras that will no doubt show up in this post:

pewforum.org/2015/04/02/religious-projections-2010-2050/
pewforum.org/2012/12/18/global-religious-landscape-unaffiliated/
telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/china/10776023/China-on-course-to-become-worlds-most-Christian-nation-within-15-years.html
masterrussian.com/russia/facts.htm

youtube.com/watch?v=bNs2pgFhaPw&t=1s

Who the fuck cares you sick muslim

a Muslim is better than an atheist

>Atheism is the fastest shrinking religion in the world

>Religion

Atheism isn't a religion

>Atheism is the fastest shrinking religion

Oh look, it's this thread again.

Reminder that Islam is the fastest growing religion, on course to overtake Christianity in a matter of decades. Meanwhile, nones continue to grow in Western nations.

>tl;dr the world is becoming secular West vs Muslim shitholes

low quality b8, try again OP

Everyone stop replying to this dumbass thread so it can die

Atheism is a belief, therefore it is a religion. you worship Dawkins as if he was Christ

that means that Atheism/secularism is weak

Atheists are the ones letting Muslims grow unheeded.

It's not a coincidence that Trump is Christian and is one of the only western leaders who's stopping shitstains from ruining his country.

gr8 b8 m8

I believe that homosexuality is something that shouldn't be discriminated against, but does that make it a religion? Theists use the "atheism is a religion" argument when it's so clearly not. It's one of the most retarded arguments theists use, and they have some pretty retarded ones.

Christians are the ones who tend to be against contraceptives. Muslims are growing because they are breeding faster than everyone else.

Muslims and Christians have the same birthrates though

ATHEISM IS NOT A RELIGION

STOP SAYING ATHEISM IS A RELIGION

FACTS AND STATISTICS ARE B8

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH BEING A FAGGOT

No, they don't. Muslims have 3.1 kids. Christians have 2.7.

>being a literal faggot atheist

meh

A significant difference over time, especially with people in the West abandoning Christianity in droves.

>people in the West abandoning Christianity in droves.
>A far, far worse religion comes in and takes over

do you see why Atheism is so crap now?

>A far, far worse religion comes in and takes over
>do you see why Atheism is so crap now?
No.

Atheism is weak and it has failed to defend Europe

Prove that the reason is atheism.

you just said yourself that people in the West are abandoning Christianity in droves
and this pic proves it

>you just said yourself that people in the West are abandoning Christianity in droves
Yes, I did.
>and this pic proves it
No, it doesn't.

>when Europeans were Christians they defend Europe from invaders
>now that they are atheists faggots that are being taking over by a outside force

Correlation does not equal causation.

what if it dose?

It's something you need to prove, and even if you did, it wouldn't make Christianity true.

>moving the goalpost
You implied that atheists have nothing to do with the Muslim menace. They do. You got BTFO. Stop trying to trick people with your shitty /r/atheism arguments.

>You implied that atheists have nothing to do with the Muslim menace.
I didn't.
>They do.
Prove it.
>You got BTFO.
Where?
>Stop trying to trick people with your shitty /r/atheism arguments.
I've never been there.

Everytime there's a religion thread, you go in it and say "Correlation does not equal causation" no matter the context. You're an annoying rat.

>Prove it.
Get some common sense nigger. If there's a country that's majority atheist, and it's the one getting fucked by Muslims, and the atheists are the ones protesting to let more Muslims in, that's correlation enough. You compare that to a country that's majority Christian, and see that hey, they aren't getting fucked by Muslims. Maybe this Christianity thing actually has useful values.

Who the actual fuck is not an atheist 2k17?

btw
> being religious on Sup Forums
> enjoy hell

they are literally the same. Why arent you happy about the increase in muslims if atheists are bad?

>Based Black Pigeon delivers again.

>Everytime there's a religion thread, you go in it and say "Correlation does not equal causation" no matter the context.
I can't recall doing this any other time. It is true though.
>Get some common sense nigger.
Appeal to common sense is a logical fallacy.
>that's correlation enough.
Like I already said, correlation and causation are not equivalent. You need to show that the problem is occurring because they are atheist, not that they are atheist and a problem is occurring.
>Maybe this Christianity thing actually has useful values.
Maybe it also has some harmful values.

>number of athiests is dropping
>world average IQ is also dropping
Really makes you think

can you define your faith based on tenants of a larger group, wildly preached and practiced? looks like you're a religion guy

>Appeal to common sense is a logical fallacy.
seriously go tip your fedora somewhere else

I don't own a fedora.

>can you define your faith based on tenants of a larger group, wildly preached and practiced?
Not with atheism, no.

When Western Euroland falls greater Poland and greater Russia shall rise along with the resurrection of the Austro-Hungarian empire and this time without annexing Serbs who want to remain indepdent. The night is brightest just before the dawn.

this exact post was here like 2 days ago

You're saying atheists don't share a similar belief that all gods are false and that only reason and logic prevail? If that's the case then you're just being deliberately ignorant

>You're saying atheists don't share a similar belief that all gods are false and that only reason and logic prevail?
Right, they don't.
> If that's the case then you're just being deliberately ignorant
No.

Define atheism?

This exact post has been here multiple times across several days.

The lack of belief in the existence of gods.

but you ascertain that conclusion based entirely on faith?

It isn't even necessarily a conclusion, let alone one that needs to come by faith.

Someone who concluded that gods didn't exist through faith would certainly be an atheist, but so would someone who has never even heard of gods.

>It isn't even necessarily a conclusion, let alone one that needs to come by faith.
But you have heard of gods and are basing your beliefs on faith that no god exists

I have heard of gods, but I have no faith-based belief that no gods exist. Instead, I do not believe in gods because I see no good reason to believe in gods.

So if a christian said I have good reason to believe in gods, would his argument no longer be based on faith?

Correct.

faith
fāTH/
noun
noun: faith

complete trust or confidence in someone or something

2. strong belief in God or in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual apprehension rather than proof.

Anyway, #1 works too. The key word there is complete.

Trump is a Christian? hahahahaha
he was just saying that to appease the evangelical GOP dumbfucks

You have no proof to discredit the idea of there being a god or gods, and you're basing this on a (albeit not complete) leap of faith?

who gives a shit? I'll be dead by then. I have no kids, and I don't care what happens to yours. Let Sharia Law take over the whole world. People are assholes and deserve it.

>You have no proof to discredit the idea of there being a god or gods
Correct, which is why I don't claim that there can't be any gods.
>you're basing this on a (albeit not complete) leap of faith?
I don't even make the claim, and I've already told you why I don't believe in gods.

Right, and I'm not attacking your reasoning not to believe in god I'm just saying if it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck...

Sure, with the duck being named reason. If you can show where I've used faith, go for it.

m'edgelord

Drown in your ideals and die.

Why don't you believe in the existence of a god? I know you said you don't see a reason to, but that must bee rooted in something

You got beaten, atheism is a religion, you can disagree but thats doesnt make it less true.

It really is that simple. I grew up in a home where we didn't talk about religion, so I didn't have any religious indoctrination to get over.

>You got beaten
Where?
>atheism is a religion,
How?

so you're still choosing to believe there is no god? despite having no proof to contradict its existence? Based entirely on conviction?

>so you're still choosing to believe there is no god?
No, I just don't believe in gods because I see no reason to.
> despite having no proof to contradict its existence?
It's the same reason I don't believe in ghosts and unicorns. We don't believe things until we have a reason to believe them (or at least, we shouldn't).

>I just don't believe
Its a conclusion you've come to after synthesizing arguments from both sides of the argument. Not believing wasn't just assigned to you at birth

So? I'm an atheist not a populist.

>Not believing wasn't just assigned to you at birth
Well, I mean, it kinda was. You don't start out believing in particular gods.
>Its a conclusion you've come to after synthesizing arguments from both sides of the argument.
The conclusion that I came to is that none of the arguments for the existence of anything that I would label a god are both valid in structure and have premises that I accept. Therefore, I have no good reason to believe in the existence of gods. That doesn't mean that I believe that there can't be gods, it just have no reason to believe there are, so I don't.

>someone makes christian bait
>christians make it stronger by contributing
>atheists fall for it
>now people aren't having an argument, but a contest on who can get the other to pull the gnostic "it could be right, it could be wrong, idunno" as soon as possible

>Atheism is the fastest shrinking religion
Atheism isn't a religion.
Is it?

You also didn't pop out averse to the idea either. So in conclusion you choose to believe there is so credible argument for why a god would exist, so given that information you choose to believe there isn't one?

>You also didn't pop out averse to the idea either.
Sure.
>So in conclusion you choose to believe there is so credible argument for why a god would exist
I wouldn't say that I chose to believe it. It's the belief that resulted after I chose to investigate the arguments.
>given that information you choose to believe there isn't one
No, given that information I simply don't believe there is one. There's no belief switch that I flipped.

More Spider-Man please

Atheism is not an affirmative belief that there is no god nor does it answer any other question about what a person believes. It is simply a rejection of the assertion that there are gods.

Atheism is too often defined incorrectly as a belief system.

To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

Agnostic isn’t just a “weaker” version of being an atheist. It answers a different question. Atheism is about what you believe. Agnosticism is about what you know.

If you lack an active belief in gods, you are an atheist.

Being an atheist doesn’t mean you’re sure about every theological question, have answers to the way the world was created, or how evolution works. It just means that the assertion that gods exist has left you unconvinced.

Wishing that there was an afterlife, or a creator god, or a specific god doesn’t mean you’re not an atheist. Being an atheist is about what you believe and don’t believe, not about what you wish to be true or would find comforting.

there is no 'we' to atheism. Each atheist has their own beliefs, opinions, values, and ideas.

The only time an atheist should even profess their lack of belief is when the believer of a fairy tale tries to press their misled, morally void views on the rest of the world.

'We' are not saying to stop believing in your imaginary friend, 'we' are saying stop forcing fucked up values on your fellow citizens based on the ridiculous and unscientific claims of men who knew virtually nothing thousands of years ago.

Not user, but you are so full of specious reasoning and faulty logic, it's almost unbelievable.

There is no good reason to believe in any concept of God, because it's not based on a shred of empirical evidence, and until proven otherwise, it's purely a construct of the human imagination. No one can disprove the existence of God, but that's not saying much, given that you can't disprove the existence of any supernatural entity. However, we can say, beyond a reasonable doubt, that any concept of God comes from the human imagination... and stays there.

Make no mistake, the burden of proof lies on the claimant--especially when the claims are utterly baseless.

>definitively DECIDES one side of the argument is correct
>refuses to call it a choice

When you hear someone say that 2+2=7, do you choose to believe that they are wrong or does that belief result from your knowledge of mathematics?

So does each christian. There are gay Christians, murderous Christians, devout Christians, and casual Christians. They each may have wildly differing values but are united under the same umbrella term