Ask a former french legionnaire anything!

Ask a former french legionnaire anything!

Very most left is me!

Other urls found in this thread:

legion-etrangere.com/mdl/info_liste_a.php?article_theme=37
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Former?? You quit already?

Why not your nation's military?

How did you get legionnaires disease?

No served 5 years

I dont want to fight for the united states proxy wars

Money + the promise of a new life

what is your nationality, and would you say it was worth the experience?

how hard was it to learn french at the beginning? Also did people from certain countries make better soldiers than others?

Did you ever see combat?

the legion changed my life for the better, I now live in france as a citizen! Very worth for people who are seeking adventure or a new life

Yes I can greentext story if yall like

They give you one month for the basics, you pick it up after you learn the basics

is this like a mercenary army?
how much did you make?

please do

Did you know any French before you signed up? Did they do a criminal background check on you? How hard was it to qualify, were you competing against a lot of jock Eastern Euros? Did you see any combat? Did you get French citizenship out of it?

>yall
interesting

Basically

checked
satan squad

Born and raised in texas

Also gonna begin greentexting

>be me
>Alright, its july 21 2011, im in Djibouti. Eastern near coast.
>We're there to protect the goverment from terrorists and looneys.
>Im in the passenger seat of a transport truck and we hear a crack up front at the start of the convoy.
>Draver slams brakes and I jump out grab my famas and hit the ground.
> Whole squad jumps out the back of the truck. A private sticks his head like a dumbass to see whats up front,
>gets slammed hard by a 7.62 in the chest. Yell at our corpsman to drag him to the truck

cont?

still listening.

yes

cont 2
>Round misses the kids heart and hes in a lot of pain.
>Tell the driver to use the truck to block off the road. My squad lead moves us up to the front car and we begin enaging some Africans in the treeline about 200 yards out.
>I manage to pop one in the gut and he falls. Private is still alive but in critical condition, we also dont have helicopters here.
>The kid eventually dies but the fight is still going on. Kids name was Erik if anyone was wondering.

Cont??

why did you join a foreign mercenary army and not black water? i bet it pays better

Do go on

how did it feel killing someone?

It does, but I wanted to fight for a purpose and a better life, not for some company

It sounds edgy, but I felt nothing at all. Almost good, he might have been the guy who shot my favorite private

>At this point with a casualty we would fuck off and retreat,
>but the government building was our objective to reach and secure a perimeter around.
>Squad leader gets dinked in the head with a sniper rifle, skims his helmet(lucky fucker).
>To clarify, we are in a pot hole off the side of the road thats maybe 25 feet long.
>We can't run anyway and know we got a sniper.we threw some smoke grenades to block off the vision of the treeline.
>Problem is they cant see us, but we cant see them either. We run our asses back to the trucks, where I see our trucks driver shot to shit,
>I have to pull him out and put him in the pothole. Squad lead gets in as driver and we haul ass to the government complex while getting shot at.
>Couple hours later another convoy went on the route and didnt find the driver.
>He was most likely dead, but he looked at me in the eyes. Still see him sometimes, but he was basically dead anyways

how hard is it to make it past recruitment (or whatever it's called after you knock on the door and go in) and get to go to basic training (or whatever you call it)

not that hard at all, basic training on the other hand is in steps. Firstly, language and basic fitness. Then they starve you and deprive you of water to see how you react. Then they ease out and do weapons and combat training. After that you go to a different country to train, I went to south america.

Are you guys legit? Do you simply leave your fallen behind?

and? did it feelt like you fought for a (good) satisfying purpose in the end?

No, he was dead. Orders are orders. Corpsman told the squad lead, one man cant risk the lives of everyone else. Lot of money training soldiers. I still feel guitly to this day

I've heard the mental/IQ tests they give you can be challenging.

Also, why did you join? Are you American or from another country? Did it happen at some kind of low point when you said "fuck it" or is it something you've wanted to do.

Obviously only answer what you're allowed to/comfortable with. Thanks.

quite, I wanted a new life, after my 5 years I became a french citizen and still get money from the goverment to this day. I also have a number that I can call to get me out of anything. Its actually real!

They ask you why and what you did leading up to your decision to join, just make some shit up. They want men more than you think. Im from texas and I fucked up during school and my life was hell and was a weeb degenerate so I said fuck it.

no registered death in Djibouti in 2011in the French army
No registered death in the legion in 2011

Explain how the fuck erik was not part of our fucking army (i'm French soldier)

>They want men more than you think
Then how come they have such a high dropout rate?

Also, did you ever got shot? Did you guys simply left behiund anyone that got shot?

Did you go to Chad? Or Madagascar?

Because the legion is fighting proxy wars dumbass, none of your men died.

As I said, it was a decision that I regret that had to be made, more people would have died if we spent the extra 2 minutes picking him up and putting him in the back. War is war you do shit like that. its instinct man

read the greentext

they all go to Chad, it's a lonely legion

What about mercy killing? If you leave some dying fucker to agonize in the middle of nowhere why not end it quickly?

What was your toughest active deployment?
Used to work with an Ex FFL, tough as nails, quiet tho

1: Got dual citizienship now?

2: Were you prior military from your own country?

3: Is the legion getting filled with the Muslims flooding France?

4: What was your job?

5: I'm considering joining, I'm an Iraq veteran, served as a Combat Medic (68W) for 4 years and a Licensed Practical Nurse (68C) for 4 more years. Currently getting my BSN in a university and set to graduate this year.

I'm American. I have a pretty good life. Something about the Legion greatly appeals to me. Should I throw away all I have to join?

You sir are a liar and a colossal faggot

I WOULDNT FUCKING SHOOT THE MAN I TRAINED WITH MAN, wHAt the fuck. It was over for him man. He was in shock, his fucking stomach and chest were shot to shit. it was over. I had to leave or i would be like him man. I dont ever talk about that experience. This shit is giving me crazy fucking anxiety

ON NE PLEURE PAS NOS MORTS ON LES HONORES !

LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA

legion-etrangere.com/mdl/info_liste_a.php?article_theme=37

NO DEATH IN 2011 IN THE FUCKING LEGION

putain d'imposteur

Sure you're not a Marine?

I don't recall FFL refering to their medics as "Corpsman".

In Djibouti

No, im dead to the united states goverment.
2. No, joined when 21
3.Nope, they dont make it through, no determination.
4. Unemployed, took a loan to get to france.
5. Wonderful people wonderful experience. Execpt the few firefights you get into

why's your face look like you're eating big piece of shit?

Im from texas

As I said before, no frenchman died. They dont give a shit about foreigners. Learn politics

You were the stupid fuck that let him agonizing there. Mercy killing is a thing for this same reason.

Instead, you left this fucker there to be the rapedoll of some african niggers or to be devoured by some fucking asshole animal while he was still dying. Fuck you.

You sir are still a liar and colossal faggot. Just because you used auto translation doesn't make you any more french. Note the lower case f. Because the French are a country of queers and sissy boys.

fuck you man, you dont know shit about war, whats its like to get shot at. or watch your friends die. fuck you. It was in the moment, people like you would never understand

were you ever near foreign women who were actually attractive, like asians maybe? they seem to always station in africa, not good

Traduction automatique mon cul espèce de petit PD. La légion te pisse au cul et je te pisse au cul mon pote ! Essaye de traduire ça espèce de macaque.

No the goverment is basically one building, everything else is tribe controlled. Women there are shirtless but almost all of them have aids

Hay guise
US Marine here. Would bottom for you any time.

check that row of dubs
>row of truth

fake and gay

I'm sure now that since you've been elected president of the niggers cum drinking association. You'll be to busy to lie on her. On a side note it's odd that your mother and you are the only members.

But...in the FFL you would have been deployed almost constantly.

Q. did you take the new name and French nationality? Did you stay in the EU.

OP here, thread kinda derailed. Any questions about experiences or training?

Your over playing it you dumb bastard. God you can't even troll properly. There is truly nothing keeping you from killing yourself.

Je t'invite à traduire ça : J'ai fait parti de l'opération Licorne et on a pété du nègre en masse avec nos Leclerc.

No, fuck you saddistic torturer fuck.

Yep, I was everywhere, New Guinna, Chad, but mostly Djibouti

Also have a french citizenship

I deal with the trolls you speak your mind.

French citizens are not allowed to join the legion.

Do you guys not get bullet proof vests?

Like I did what I did on purpose, you would never understand honor or suffering or a split second decision on who is more valued

false, they are given another nationality for the time they serve

23 years old college drop out, considering joining the legion. Anything I should know that isn't mentionned on the recruiting site ?

i have heard that physical beatings are relatively common in FFL training, compared to other armies
what kind of violence, hazing, general brutality did you experience or witness, if any, during training

Sorry you just talking about nonsense at this point. Eat a hot pocket and bang your dog.

1 qu'est-ce que tu a pensé de l'entrainement?

j'ai eu l'occasion de discuter avec des soldats, beaucoup m’ont dit que c’était a chier. peu ou pas d'entrainement au tir, pareil pour le corps a corps et beaucoup de retard sur les formations et les groupes de tir.

cependant j'ai jamais eu l'avis d'un légionnaire.

2 que pense tu du remplacement du FAMAS

3 tu vis toujours en france ou tu est reparti dans ton pays? (lequel d'ailleurs)

4 comment s'est passé l'opération serval pour toi?

en tout cas merci pour le service a la nation. sans être nationaliste, c'est la base de remercier un soldat pour son engagement. surtout étranger.

pic unrelated

Dont be a hero and stay with your squad, or you will die. Also learn some french you only get one month

so the only time you could get laid is basically when you were in france?

I got my ass beat with a wooden rod for not holding my plank, thats really it. no fist punches or brutal beatings, at least I didnt see any

what was your hardest deployment?

Blah blah blah your just not good at anything. I'm sure you've heard that before. Maybe from your dad as he fucked you in the ass.

yea, physically what kind of shape should you be in before talking to the recruiter or whatever you call them?

if I wanna join, basically, should I make sure I can do a certain number of pushups, situps, run a mile in a certain time, etc.

You sound like you made a good choice for yourself. And, you're an EU citizen now.

Much respect, OP.

Legio Patria Nostra ! Merci pour ton service camarade.

thx for clarifying.

No problem dude. You're Welcome.

1. Training is intense especially during the first 2 months, almost no food or water. It was quite an experience. Near the end it was an easy ride. After getting my blue cap I was sent to south america for more training.
2. I hate the thing, always jammed on me

3.I live in calais

4. Operations were intense for the first 3 years, after that the most intense thing I was doing were patrols in chad

k then.

>
can i join? fuck me. can i joinn?

The one in the greentext, fucking nightmares. That road was hell

do u even understand what the frog said ?
he's asking question about training, new rifles and shit

Be able to jog about 5 miles and do 10 pull-ups and have commitment and you're good