Hey Sup Forumsros im just learning guitar does anyone have any tips?

Hey Sup Forumsros im just learning guitar does anyone have any tips?

always keep 1 string tuned a half step down for good luck

Practice.

May I call you Ignaz Vespucci Gunter?

start on acoustic, learn like, 3 chords and say the most pseudointellectual bullshit lyrics you can. Sit back and reap the pucci

Only play black metal to please the Dark Lord

Baritone Ukulele is easier.

learn to use a pick.
Find easy stuff on sites like ultimate-guitar (it's declined in quality lately though)

Beta as fuck

get a bass you tard

Casual learning:
Learn basic chord shapes with roots starting on the E, A, and D strings (and 1st inversion on D string, better than playing in root)
Basically covers every pop/mainstream song.
Go somewhere like songsterr/ultimate guitar and learn away.
Throw other chords like dominants and extensions (7th, 9ths, 11ths 13ths)

Unless you’re learning to MASTER the guitar.

I have an 8 string jumbo.
I love it. It's loud as hell.

How do you master the guitar then?

Guitar player for 16 years here, and I still don't know whether I've reached that level.

switch to phlute

You just kinda know. At least in my experience. Anyone’s can differ.
I know a lot of people who can jam a bit, have a little bit of chops to write a few things and just like to be able to casually play the guitar, for pure enjoyment.
Then I got people who have put a hell of a lot of time into their craft, who are just pure masters of guitar in both technical and creative. They can hear what’s next, what chord or sub sounds good, general fine details that are otherwise overlooked but really make a performance.
Cats who can improvise these fluent flowing lines on the spot, with amazing control and dexterity, that coherently reflect ideas and lines just amazing, you’re just able to feel it. I’m more into the jazz/blues aspect of playing guitar, i have classical training but stuff like jazz/blues and technical metal esque/math rock has always interested me.
It’s kinda hard to explain, but considering you’ve been playing 16 (at least consistently) you already may have mastered it

what a fucking waste of quads

Learn the songs you like no matter how hard it is, play till your fingers bleed or till you are bored. Have fun getting laid

Yeah, I guess I've gotten to that level, I've been playing since I was 7, and was obsessed growing up, to the point where I wouldn't do homework or play vidya, I would just play guitar for hours.

But even today, I still feel like there's always more to learn. It's like a language, right? Always new words and structure to learn.

It is pretty surprising getting to this point, I never thought as a kid I'd be able to play shit by ear at this age. It's gotten to the point where I hear original music in my head all day long, but most of it I never record.

Do you write original work user? I'm attending a music school in USA, but I've always had an interest in jazz guitar. So many less "rules."

Join the unfunny mongloids at Ultimate Guitar

Eat a guitar or smash one on your head

Learn to play to a metronome my dude
I didn’t at first and it makes it a shit ton harder as you progress
And if you have trouble on a riff slow the tempo down and gradually bring it up to speed as you get better at it

Don't just sit in your basement playing with yourself. if you don't want to suck, start playing with other people as soon as possible.

Music, like sex, is better done in a small group.

Grip the G chord without index finger. I have played for 15 years. Prob my worst mistake in learning. Old habits are hard to break.

Dont play the guitar, be the guitar

15 years and you're still playing cowboy chords? Thanks for the advice, Zeke.

There’s always more to learn, even when you’ve mastered it you’ll always find something else.
I’ve written quite a few things though, composed a few for HS/college jazz ensembles, but I mainly teach now.
You should really record these ideas in your head, you’d really be amazed even more so now.
I’d also HIGHLY recommend pursuing jazz in some form. You should start transcribing some solos and if you really are that great with you ear even some full charts. You’ll pick up on a lot.

there is no guitar

Yeah, don't assume you're supposed to hold the guitar a certain way.

After years of playing with no progress, I found out that even though I do most things right-handed, I play guitar left-handed. Suddenly got a lot better, pretty quick.

You could also be a retarded faggot and never learn to play.

Join the guitar general /gg/ on where friendly and bright individuals can aid you on your journey.

coming form a person that has been playing the guitar for a good 40 years now id say the most important thing is learning how to use a pick, then learn all the basic chords like D, G, C, Em. etc... then learn some rifts and stuff like that. if you're looking for the easy way to learn get the game rock smith 2014 remastered, that is GOOD so yea hope i helped.

Music theory is just something I never sat down to learn. I've discovered a lot of "musical easter eggs," on my own, then later found out there's a whole Wikipedia page on it based in music theory. So I'm more of a feel kinda guy.

Any tips on how to become fluent in basic music theory?

I bought a Spanish classical last year, so I've been going heavy with fingerstyle and arpeggios lately.

Learn piano and synths. No one likes a lot of guitar anymore.

Link to wiki please

Whatever u do, please learn ur scales. Don't fall into the temptation of playing cool songs on tabs before u learn scales.