I need help figuring out what RPG game I played back in 06

I need help figuring out what RPG game I played back in 06

Also General RPG Thread.

So for some reason I thought it was a gba version of the phantasy star collection. But it could be3 a ps game or who knows what.

What I remember is it being a pretty long game and having like 4 different worlds. One of the worlds might have actually been a different dimension. I think by the third or 4th (world...or maybe it was a dimension by the 3rd or 4th place) There was a lot of color.. maybe translucant crystals it seemed kind of crazy alien or dreamlike.

I could be wrong but I think I remember there being an underwater world in maybe the second world or large area to explore.

I cant really remember the plot but I'm pretty sure it was a top down rpg and it could have been semi recent or as far back as the 90's

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iUN0lZjrm3I&index=15&list=PLE879028E8F59AE79
youtube.com/watch?v=3NleYB5SwtY&list=PLE879028E8F59AE79&index=31
youtube.com/watch?v=ELtMewGR1N8&index=46&list=PLE879028E8F59AE79
youtube.com/watch?v=d8JAs0PnuhU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Here is a list of games I've played but don't remember the plots well enough.. Maybe you guys could help me cross some off the list and maybe the game is in the list?

>golden sun
>golden sun 2
>seiken densetsu 3
>lagoon
>bahamut lagoon
>tecmo secret of the stars
>the 7th saga
>tales of phantasia
>terranigma
>star ocean
>dragon quest iv
>dragon quest v
>dragon quest vi
>saga frontier 2
>legend of mana
>vagrant story
>arc the lad
>vandal hearts
>Lunar
>Lunar 2
>albert odyssey
>shining force

Gauntlet maybe?

no too 3d looking and too cartoony looking

This was more of a top tier jrpg

Black Sigil?

No but that looks pretty good. Adding that to my to play list. Thanks.

Easy, Chrono Trigger.

Easy, Final Fantasy VI

maybe final fantasy 3 the 3ds version?

here you have the smaller world:
youtube.com/watch?v=iUN0lZjrm3I&index=15&list=PLE879028E8F59AE79

here you have the dimension like world you described:
youtube.com/watch?v=3NleYB5SwtY&list=PLE879028E8F59AE79&index=31

and here you have the second world which you described as bigger:
youtube.com/watch?v=ELtMewGR1N8&index=46&list=PLE879028E8F59AE79

I've played that one a million times but no that's not it.

Easy, Halo 3

Chrono Cross.

Also not this.. FFVI is my all time favorite favorite though. FF IV and VI are good examples of multiple worlds. IV had the underground the moon the regular world.. VI had under the ocean, the world, the world of ruin.

The one I'm looking for had a point of no return where you couldnt go back to the other worlds or places once you warped to this freaky dimension or place near the end of the game or maybe half to 3/4 of the way through. I remember it pissed me off because I wanted to still be able to go back to the places I had been but had already saved my game in the new area.

Easy, Battletoads.

This one's kind of cartoony looking too.

Not chrono chross.

Its prob Chrono Cross

Yeah, it's definitely Chrono Cross

definitely not, I remember playing cc and it's way too beach like

Easy, Chrono Cross

Maybe Riviera: The promise Land???

Golden Sun

Filthy casuals

youtube.com/watch?v=d8JAs0PnuhU

Love that game too but the game I'm thinking of has worlds you are free to move around in like ff vi

Chrono Cross,

Do I get a prize?

Star Ocean 3

I'm not those guys but that reaaaaaaally fucking sounds like Chrono Cross.

Fuck off, retard. Golden Sun is casual as fuck and has already been said is wrong

I'm really leaning towards Star ocean right now. I was looking at the first and second story for ps1 but doesnt seem right visually. It could be a dif version. If its not the star ocean series its at least a good example. final fantasy iv final fantasy vi and star ocean 1

The third game (til the end of time) sounds a lot like your description as far traveling to different worlds and even traversing dimensions. As far as I remember the first area of the other dimension also fits your description about being colorful with translucent crystals.

Definitely not that one. Way too 3D and kind of ugly imo.

This game was lush Kind of like some parts in FF VI or Secret of Mana.

sounds like you're talking about Terranigma.