Can you solve this Sup Forumstards?

Can you solve this Sup Forumstards?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=07Abat5iBbw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Could you put parenthesis in please

We're not here to do your fucking homework user, nice try tho

Fix your retarded formatting

I get that hurr durr BIDMAS is a thing but if you're going to ask stupid questions you're going to get stupid answers.

9-3/(1/3)+1

= (+9) + (-3) / (1/3) + (+1)
= (+9) + (-3) * (3) + (+1)
= (+9) + (-9) + (+1)
= (+1)

For everyone unable to think

OP here, you're wrong!

are you fucking retarded? You can't even do simple math!

Prove me wrong (with explanation)

>1+1/3=4/3
>4/3/3=4
>4-9=-5

>-5

I am not a robot

Sup Forums Space Program

Reposted, as this has relevance here.
We don't need anything fancy. We don't need awesome sensors and crazy measurement devices.
All we really need Is a modded cellphone with a decent battery life and a means of sending data back. Although a simple balancing mechanism, would make for a better video.

Our goal is simply:
To see if we can
To see if we can get away with it.
Cause as much havoc in the process.
simple

We have many sources on Sup Forums that we can pool from:
/sci/ - could handle the logistics for us
/k/ - could help us with a fuel source, and rocket design.
/biz/ - can help us pick affordable and easily acquirable chemicals for our fuel
Sup Forums - could work on the phones firmware
while Sup Forums, /x/, & Sup Forums Popularize our plans by repeatedly spamming it on Sup Forums.

Why the fuck not? There is a good chance they will shut down the threads before we even get to fire the rocket. But by that time we'll have already caused enough havoc to laugh at the headlines.
But who knows, what if we do get away with it?
Why the fuck shouldn't we attempt this clearly insane idea?

Share any thoughts or ideas.
Yes, I am aware this insane lul. However, it is not so insane to say we can't do it.

DM(l2r)
AS(l2r)

use a fucking calculator lol

Its -17 you fucking autists

Is it nine minus (three over a third) plus one

If so it is 9 - 9 + 1 = 1

I love these threads
The answer is 1

So many retards in this thread, unbelievable... All americans?

no

9-3(divided)1/3+1=
9-3=6
6(divided)1/3+1=
6/1(divided)1/3=2
2+1=3

3 % 1/3 = 9
9 - 9 + 1 = 1

im not good at calculus

Implying no one here has heard of BODMAS

nope

It's either 3 or 9
9 if you go with PEMDAS

FFS...
>9 - 3 / (1/3) + 1
>PEDMAS
>( 3 / ( 1 / 3 ) )
>1 / 3 = .3
>( 3 / .3 ) = 10
>9 - 10 + 1
>9 - 10 = -1
>-1 + 1 = 0

No

It's 9 I was right lol I knew this was wrong because dividing comes first, I just googled the answer to make sure

PEMDAS=BEDMAS=BODMAS
They're all the same.

They all equal 1.

If you got anything other than 1, you're doing it wrong.

These where me, so do I get a prize OP?

Google it son, everybody who's saying 1 needs to retake pre-algebra

1 is right anyone who says otherwise is an huge retard

correct.

Please stay in school

9-3÷1/3+1
=9-3×3+1
=9-9+1
=0+1
=1

Fuck, Sup Forums is dumb.

PEMDAS: parentheses, exponents, multiply/divide, add/subtract

I was a good damn C student and I confidently know the answer is 1.

yep

hackmath.net/en/calculator/fraction?input=9+-+3+%C3%B7+1%2F3+%2B+1

ARE YOU FUCKING RETARDED???
JUST USE A REAL CALCULATOR LOL

3/(1/3) is the same as 3*3
so
9-(3*3)+1
9-9+1
0+1
Simple.

its 9 bros sorry everyone here has brian damage

10?

Since the steps are correct, it´s fine by me

I really hope you are just trolling, because otherwise you are just as dumb as your capslock and overuse of questionmarks implies.

Sorry you're not doing so well. Hope you get well soon.

But you are immensely retarded.

What do you mean by, "real calculator?"

Unless a calculator is "scientific," it won't understand the order of operations, and will attempt to solve the equation directly as it's inputted. Which would result in an incorrect answer.

A computer is only as intelligent as the person using it. You fucking moron.

*tips redditdora*

This user broke it down perfectly, everyone else is fucking retarded

back in my day, computer was a job description! *shakes cane angrily at kids on lawn*

except he didnt because its 9

Apparently you can't read your own statement. Multiply/divide comes before add/subtract.

correct answer - also without talking any shit

Yes I fucked your bitch

Yes

Lmao. No.

When you convert 1/3 into decimal, it becomes .333... which just rounds to .3.
So that means it becomes 3 / .3 which equals 10. You're not cancelling out the division and multiplying just because you converted the fraction into a decimal.

That means that the whole equation becomes:
9 - 10 + 1
9 - 10 = -1
-1 + 1 = 0.

This is what I was taught but hey I may of forgotten a few things in the last 4-6 years.
9-3 = 6
6/3 = 2
2+1 = 3...
There are other ways but because there are no brackets I don't see a point in jumping ahead

I truly hope everyone here who didn't get 1 is trolling.

If not, I have very serious concerns about the future of humanity.

y'all need tutors.

9-3/(1/3)+1

= (+9) + (-3) / (1/3) + (+1)
= (+9) + (-3 / 0.33333) + (+1)
= (+9) + (-9) + (+1)
= (+1)

Well 0.3 just rounds to 0, so by that logic it becomes undefined as you attempt to divide by 0.

I hav very serous conserns about your dad being gay

wrong, learn to read

Now I see your point.

But instead of dividing by a fraction you can also turn the fraction upside down and multiply. By doing so:

3 : (1/3) --> 3 * (3/1) --> 3*3

You're a fucking retard.

I can understand people getting 1, 0, and maybe even the dipshit who said 9. I can at least understand that they took arithmetic once. But, how the actual fuck do you not recognize that it's an equation that follows PEDMAS or BODMAS?

youtube.com/watch?v=07Abat5iBbw

Um... What? Did YOU read my post wrong, or are you just dumb? I did PEMDAS correctly.

Who the fuck told you to round? That completely changes the outcome. 1/3 is ABSOLUTELY NOT equal to .3. Rounding that is 3rd grade math.

0.33333 doesn't round to 0.3, you are some kind of high level retard, what you are doing is TRUNCATING 0.33333 and turning it into a different number which is bad math and you are a bad person. Only complete losers do math with approximate numbers anyway.

Thank you - maybe they can´t read, but they can now listen to reason

Don't do that, the problem is sloppy and meant to challenge idiots.

Your spelling errors have confirmed my previous concerns about the future.
Thanks for making an awful situation worse. >,>

correct

0.3 = 1/10
0.3333333.... = 1/9

Alright, I'm going to bed. I can't deal with the fact that these basic af retards can't use simple math.

The answer is 1. If you got anything else, you REALLY need to go back to school.
I mean seriously. Math is important in real life. You're using it wrong.
pls stahp.

No, dipshit. You're rounding to .3 because you can't divide a non-terminating infinite series like 1/3.

That's definitely a valid way to do it, I can't deny that. I'm not a mathematician by any means, but I'm going to take a stab in the dark and say we're trying to solve the same equation but applying it to different areas of math.

Nigga, are you retarded.
>Only complete losers do math with approximate numbers
Tell me, exactly how many 3's are in the base 10 decimal equivalent of 1/3? You can't use infinity because that isn't a number, it's a concept. I want a solid hard number. Pro tip, you can't do it. Which means, you poor high school drop out, that yes. Everyone uses approximate numbers in math.

>.3 = 1/10 = .1
>.3 = .1
nigger

That´s exactly why I said, that I am seeing your point. Your way is correct but you made a mistake by rounding it to .3

Since .3 = 1/10 you changed the equilation. The whole reason for turning the fraction upside down is, because it is not possible to write out the decimal on a calculator.

Have a nice day

That is fucking AIDs.

It's 9.

Don't give me that modulus shit.

I am dumb as fuck ...

I meant:

0.3 = 3/10
0.3333333 = 3/9 = 1/3

>1/3=0.3

1/3 is an exact ratio, by definition it represents 1/3 exactly, unlike .333...

Yes, there are an infinite number of 3's in the decimal representation no matter what your neckbeard logic might tell you. You are unbelievably uneducated on top of having shit in your skull you stupid, stupid person.

NUMERICS BTFO
Just did on a TI with "mathprint" mode that lets you enter it just the way OP formatted it. It's 1.

9-3÷1/3+1=x or x=9-3÷1/3+1
x=9-3+1
x=6+1
x=7

0.3*3
Put that into the calculator on your shitty android phone and realize that you are failing at everything in life and that everyone around you hates your guts.

Yes

Are you retarded? Pointless step that gives you the wrong answer

Why on Earth would you write 1/3 as .3? Are elementary schools creating morons?

>I'm not a mathematician by any means
Nigga, by yours detention anyone with second grade passed is a mathematician

>Everyone uses approximate numbers in math
Are you in high school? Fuck off underage

Definition*

your*

>Tell me, exactly how many 3's are in the base 10 decimal equivalent of 1/3?

Infinity.

>You can't use infinity because that isn't a number, it's a concept.

Lololol. And why can't I? Where in math class are we instructed that concepts can't be used in equations? I guess you never made it passed algebra 1. The concept of the imaginary number "i" would probably melt your brain.

>I want a solid hard number.

Too bad for you, asshole. If you want a "solid, hard number" because you can't comprehend fractions, that's your problem. Because, guess what? 1/3 ISN'T A WHOLE NUMBER. IT'S A FRACTION. Replacing it with something else is litterally that: replacing the number. Which is completely changing the expression.

>Everyone uses approximate numbers in math.

Not people who know how to do it correctly.

Try telling any professional mathmatition, engineer, etc, that everyone uses approximate numbers in math. See if they don't laugh at you.

Pro tip: they will.

Care to continue attempting to defending your lack of mathematical understanding?

>You're rounding to .3 because you can't divide a non-terminating infinite series like 1/3
That's not even what an infinite series is. Why on Earth would you think you can't divide by 1/3? Does that mean you can't divide by pi either?
More like primary school.

To anyone whos round 1/3 to 0.3: Stop. Stop it.

Ok, let's take it to new extremes.
Technically no rule in math implies that fractions have any priority in calculating above dividing.
So
(9-((3÷1)÷3))+1
1) 3÷1=3
2)3÷3=1
3)9-1=8
4)8+1=9

>It's FUCKING NINE

If you know any official rules in math that say that fraction is sopposed to be calculated before dividing, do tell me.

>No, dipshit. You're rounding to .3 because you can't divide a non-terminating infinite series like 1/3.

1/3 ÷ 1/3 = 1

Just did it.