Currently at the lowest point in my life. Girlfriend of three years broke up with me over text a month ago...

Currently at the lowest point in my life. Girlfriend of three years broke up with me over text a month ago, unemployed while living in an expensive apartment with three friends from college who get laid all the time. Graduated college in June with a BA in Chemistry, been job seeking ever since, but continuously get rejected from jobs. Living off of my savings/parents for the next month or so and if I don't get a well-paid job in Boston soon, I'm gonna have to go back home. Student loan bills start soon.

It feels like everything I've worked for has fallen apart in the past few months and I honestly don't know how I can continue feeling absolutely worthless to the world.

You make me feel lucky that ive never had a girlfriend or freinds. All I got is a well paying job and my dog

So kill yourself, one less whiny faggot in the world

Easy there champ.

This is probably the lowest form of bait.

Have you considered suicide, OP? For dishonour to famiry

how is this bait tho... fucking newfag

Hell naw, I'm white, soduku isn't an option

think about it

Ain't bait, m8

>boston
dude, save your money and move an hour south. Cheap AF places in Fall River and even Brockton.

backstory?

Kill ex gf. The satisfaction will bring you back to life.

Well luckily, I'm not living in the city -- my apartment is around a 25 minute drive outside of the city -- Belmont -- and it's in a nice area. But yeah I'll take a look at Fall River and Brockton.

>Boston

Hello beantown faggot, what college did you get that degree from?

We get it, every day an user is broken up with through text. Kys you petulant faggot.

Backstory is it's just a stupid fake Snapchat picture

Hi, can confirm am a beantown faggot -- Tom Brady is the best

Not gonna say where I got degree from, but it was a liberal arts college. I know liberal arts are bullshit, but they were generous in their financial aid

become a trap whore and make money off of ur boipussy

Damn I want to live in her cleavage

Nigga unless your GPA is like a 1.4 you should be able to get a job. Join the ACS, and network. Follow up on interviews or applications. Don't be scared to rellocated to Jersey, or even Cali. Go where the jobs are, then build your life around that. At least while you're young.

Oh come on, I'm trying to be helpful. Did you take any internships by chance, or have any friends in a STEM field who know about any openings?

I'm sure you'll land something once you find a place to get your foot in the door.

Thanks for trying to help, I didn't mean to come off as hostile. I'm just wary of putting identifiable information on Sup Forums.

I was a nervous dumbass who didn't understand how important internships until junior year, where I worked in a chemistry lab for a year, then in an animal behavior and histology lab during for another year. I also managed the microscopy lab for two years and went to Ireland for a short couple of weeks to shadow some analytical chemists at a major food production company.

Fucking newfag

Also bumping with some personal favorite pictures. Feel free to add more pics like these.

You should take the other Chem fag's advice and join the ACS, they should have postings available.

Also at least you have something, have you asked those places if they have any openings in thier departments? Or asked your old coworkers if they know about anything?

Also you might wanna get some peers or old advisors to do a review of your resume, because it might be weak at the moment. Also work on your confidence in those interviews. I know the only reason I got my last internship was because I completely hit it off (as in friendly you fucks) with the manager hiring for the position, even though I was probably a weaker candidate overall.

Presentation matters. Get the suit looked at and fitted, look sharp, speak with a tounge that cuts.

bro if this is real, better times will come just keep trying f it for now take any job you can get to get some income and keep your mind busy then focus on trying to get your foot in the door in your field, also f women sure their fun remember that thing called love is only in the movies is temporary enjoy the ride and be ready to let go at any time control this emotion and you can control everything else best of luck

Irrelevant but those tits actually make me jealous for some reason, and I'm not even a femanon.

11/10

>unemployed
>has BA in Chemistry
>live with parents
>says his lowest point in life is a due to a break-up and a terrible incapacity to realise his own faults

OP, are you really looking for a job? Most people I hear that can't find a decent job is because they don't realise they're wasting their days not looking for one.

You're probably right. I'm definitely not being efficient in my job search, I just don't know how the fuck people find positions that fit their skills. LinkedIn and Indeed only have so much and I barely get a response on my applications. When I do, I go in for an interview, wait a week or two, and get rejected.

Then stop blowing your interviews, how do you fail an interview I don't get it

All the feedback I've been getting from these labs are "You're enthusiastic but don't have enough experience"

I think my interviews go well but honestly, I think the interviewers can tell I'm an awkward fuck.

Also I bought a few interview outfits to look snazzy (dress shirt, pants, sportcoat, watch) -- so my attire is not a factor

You need to throw your soul into those interviews, it's where you move from some number on paper to a possible potential coworker you're gonna see 5-6 days a week for years or even decades.

THEY NEED TO LIKE YOU AS A PERSON.

Try not to let the awkwardness set in too much.

Also be more proactive about the search, don't let the depression get you down.

Thanks, it just kinda hit me that I've been treating my interviews a bit more like an extension of my resume rather than a deeper look into what kind of person I am.

Also, open question to everybody:

Anyone know what kind of job titles entry level chemistry/research jobs have? I've been searching for: Research Associate, Associate Chemist, Histologist, Research Assistant, Chemistry Technician

Second this....

Move some where between corpus Christy tx to new Orleans shit tons of chemical plants along the coast and they pay bank bro....

Bro seriously. If she dumped you over a text she wasnt worth shit to begin with. Only fucking scum does that. Also you are done with school! As soon as you get a job things will look better :-) Don't worry about your friends. You need time to get over the breakup. See if you can get a shitty job just to help pay rent untill you get a better job with ur degree. You seem like you don't think very highly of yourself if you think that you have to live up to the same standard as your friends - You can try to better yourself by working out or whatever it is you want. Don't give up, it's gonna get better :-)!!!!!!!

My impression is simply that you won't make any effort toward your goal - cause it's exactly what's lacking. Do you really want a job? Do you have any goal of working in this field? What do you want???

You should be racking interviews. You shouldn't stop looking because someone wants to meet you like the god damn earth will stop for you.

For the next week, do the equivalent of 40 hours per week in job-searching. Serious stuff. Look online, not just on linkedin and indeed.

And also, prepare yourself for your interview, as you will always blow up opportunities if you can't rock it there.

Wow.

These two messages made me feel so good. Thanks guys. Sup Forums so far has been a better support network than my parents or friends ever could. Really appreciate it and feel loved, but tough love. The kind I needed to hear.

No homo.

Also, what other places are good to look besides Indeed, LinkedIn, and ACS? I've gone through three different recruiters, all jobs rejected me.

Keep the thread alive and I'll keep posting my top tier tit pics.

Who knows maybe I'll throw some of my ex's nudes up here

This is now a tits thread

porque no los dos?

Don't de-rail the thread because there's some really good shit in here that I think other anons could also benefit from. Post tits, but also keep on topic

MFW no Japanese waifu.

Also have you tried checking jobs out of state? I'm MechE but I know a few Chem fags who are out of state of jobs or internships.

why don't you apply at fedex or something until you can get on your feet? they literally don't say no to anyone

Better would be something like uber/lyft. Drop it when you find a job but still let's you make some cash to keep going.

This, at this point id take anything just to get some income, you can always keep looking, a six figure job isn't just gonna fall into your lap

Interview tip

don't say a single word more than necessary during the interview, people aren't going to be your friend right away unless they are retarded

ask questions like, "Is there anything you would suggest I do to help prepare for starting work?"

Tell them exactly what they want to hear. That means if you need to be in early, that's great your a morning person, you need to organise your life around the job? no problem, this will be your main priority

Wear a suit, get a good haircut

Anyone have any more pictures of her (or women that look like her)?

Alright, y'all have been really helpful emotionally and professionally. Literally more helpful than any person I've talked to.

Here's some OC as a reward