That feel when rejected from harvard law school and have to go to UVA law school now

that feel when rejected from harvard law school and have to go to UVA law school now

please help me cope Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=09Qe_ZgvIVc
lsac.org/docs/default-source/jd-docs/sampleptjune.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

A bunch of niggers with lower SATs than you got into Harvard. Let that sink in :^)

>SAT
>law school

uh...

Come study law in Russia, it's fun! And there are no niggers, and a lot of hot chicks.

Still in the top tier, kiddo

I don't know every criteria for US colleges. My mistake.

At any rate, they got into Harvard with less credentials and work than you, and you didn't even get in :^)

I will always be cucked by people with a harvard JD user.

I hate affirmative action but the blacks who get into harvard law actually have to still be pretty smart, sure maybe they wouldn't have went to harvard but they would have been accepted somewhere like georgetown or berkeley law. Still bitter about that though.

Dont every school in the USA have a token class of niggers to show how "diverse" they are?

>lawyer
you may as well become a jew. fucking parasite.

I don't esp believe you. what was your LSAT and what percentile? Also, if you were "close" at Harvard you'd have made Yale or Stanford.

lol median salary out of the place I got accepted is 160k, enjoy your 70k salary STEMcucky :^)

174 LSAT, 3.65

>Also, if you were "close" at Harvard you'd have made Yale or Stanford.
yale and stanford are more selective and higher ranked than harvard, yale is extremely competitive

Which is why it was weird you seem fixated on Harvard law. It's hard to judge without knowing your undergrad. A 3.65 from..MIT is different from a 3.65 at shilthole state U.

Are you White or Indian or Chink? You fucked up your GPA and extracurriculars. You should have been involved in everything you could find, knowing you are White.

You can still do what you want and get a big NY Job from UVA, but you'll have to work harder.

I was in NYJew with a negress with a 153 LSAT. And she was proud of it, went around bragging. This was a few years ago, probably even worse now...

You actually just confirmed his allegation of being a literal Jew...

>muh dollari, fuck purpose in life!

>average student at your school is a Harvard reject
sounds awesome bro. enjoy your "life"

Hmmmm, quite rare

You went to NYU law? Are you in big law?

>A 3.65 from..MIT is different from a 3.65 at shilthole state U.
not really man...

>Are you White or Indian or Chink? You fucked up your GPA and extracurriculars. You should have been involved in everything you could find, knowing you are White.

White. I thought law schools don't give a single fuck about extracurriculars. One tenth of a GPA point goes much further.

I went to a state school and did not take it seriously the first year, that is what dragged down my UGPA.

you got no charms is all my man, you're generic

Im on Mobile what's this

holy shit 153 LSAT at NYU, what the fuck

yeah it's even less selective now

that is so depressing

I'm on the waitlist for NYU and chimpcongo, where should I go assuming I am accepted

They do take extracurriculars seriously. I was..fucking volunteering at a nursing home as an "ombudsman," all kinds of bullshit.

Also had to go to office hours and kiss professor's asses. You should have gone for NYJew or Columbia, bc being in the City makes life easier for internships, etc..

It's not a bad result for a state school, but understand you will now be in with every cutthroat Jew who didn't make H/L/S and will want to be ranked top of class so now you need to work even harder than if you made H/L/S.

wow fuck you. I work two jobs to SURVIVE and you are bitching about this? Stop being such an entitled fuck ass and man up, I would kill for this kind of an opportunity. I hope you fucking succeed you fucking pussy.I hope you succeed and remember reading this someday years from now when you pass someone in a pick up truck and sneer while you drive a BMW, that you had the gall to post about this. fucking ungrateful trash. You don't deserve the opportunities you are given

Chicago has been up in rankings I hear but it's a shitty city and full of niggers and corruption. NYC is fun and you're close to all the jobs.

If you want NYJew, any professor you were close to, send them e-mails and ask for more recommendations direct to school, not through the law board. You can do that.

If anything opens, makes it more likely for them to take you.

Law firm hires are up though now. How was it at NYJew law school? Were there lots of jew gunners?

Chimpcongo is a great university I hear but I would be scared about getting shot by feral black people.

Don't want to live in fucking virginia, I want to have fun in NYC. How was your experience at NYU user, tell me all about it

hey lawyer user, what do you? do you work at a big vault 20 firm or something or do you do another kind of law?

tell me about your practice

Aww, look at the pampered crybaby who gets to go to school to learn how to fuck people over. Get your miniature violins out, boys.

How was my experience? Kept my head down, popped lots of ephedrine. Read everything 2x, once sort of casually and then once to memorize every detail.

Part of life, esp as a "fucking White Male," is getting people to like you, so if you're an introvert you have to kind of force yourself to "be nice" to the people on :aw Review and professors, etc...

Ended up in securities and compliance for a big French bank. It's not bad, but I'd be a horrible litigator, rather be an in-house counsel.

If I could do it over, might do entertainment law or intellectual property. Also like idea of Maritime, which I could have done for free at Tulane.

The hardest part to get used to is that you can cruise through undergrad and do nothing bc you were smartest guy there. Now people are either just as smart or smarter and they are cutthroat.

UVA can still be fun, esp if you are into politics and want to do something in DC. It's what you make of it user.

Money solves a lot of problems, but it doesn't make you happy. Affairs, divorces, getting the apartment you want...if you really "Want stuff," you are looking at 6 days a week, 10 hours a day until you are 70.

But the traveling can be fun if you make it fun while managing not to get too far of course. Also, be VERY aware of your computer opsec, try to erase anything with your name on it on jewggle, shut down a FB if you have one during school.

Hmm. If I think of anything else will tell you.

look at the destitute

What about getting laid? How was the social scene at NYU Law?

You had to learn french right? Did you speak it before? Do they pay you well?

I spoke french already. If you are serious about school? Don't get laid there, not with students. Don't risk bad blood and drama, and if you fuck the UGs you will be seen as a "predator."

Esp in your 1L, you have no life, get used to that. Forget all the Jewish TV and movies that try to make it dramatic, it's basically put your head down and take in large amounts of info.

If you aren't thinking about an assignment in the shower, while you're taking a shit, or even while getting laid, you are doing something wrong.

If you don't want to work hard, there's probably also something to be said for being a lawyer in a small, nice town on the NC coast or something and keeping 9-5 hours and having kids, etc..

But don't think you can just skirt by and do nothing. Most of the people teaching you will be pretentious scumbags with big egos used to getting $800 an hour for their time, and they really don't need your money or the job and will probably hate your guts already if you are a White, Christian male.

>will probably hate your guts already if you are a White, Christian male.

did you experience this?

dont worry user, there's always shitlaw

>tfw half of a biglaw salary for a quarter of big law's work

youtube.com/watch?v=09Qe_ZgvIVc

It's not as direct as in undergrad, but Yes, it's pretty clear where you stand. That is, you can't do anything about your..first year mulatto feminist dyke professor who is an AA hire.

Which is why, you need to be literally textbook perfect so it makes it harder for them. don't give them excuses to take away points.

you may have a better time at UVA bc it's less "vibrant" and if you're from in-state you'll have less debt when you come out I think.

Never, ever, go into divorce law or ambulance chasing. Those people are the literal scums of the earth. Obviously you prob won't need to coming from UVA, but even the high end ones are scums of the earth who prey on human misery.

If you live for counting shekels. you will be miserable. Work hard enough and whatever your 2nd language was in school, aim for a firm that has a headquarters in a different nation so you can look forward to travel at least, where you can drink and turn on a movie and pass out.

Although more airlines are getting wifi on planes so now that fun time when you couldn't get emails or texts is quickly disappearing, might be gone by the time you get there.

Whatever you do, focus on who you don't want to be. Would you really want Ted Cruz's life? Yes, he banged a few cute sluts, but the two bratty kids, the wife with the nervous breakdown, despised by everyone who knows him...
don't get serious with any girl until you are in mid-late 30s. If they think you are queer during LS, all the better.

Not sure, other people may have different advice, maybe better. There used to be forums for Law school stuff where there were so many nigger and jew jokes, one professor somewhere tried to get the company to leak IPs.

I can only tell you what worked for me. At least has "worked" to where I haven't jumped off a balcony yet. Good luck.

Kill yourself faggot. Thread was made just to try to brag about yourself. This is why people hate lawyers.

Get a load of this biglaw gunner. You know, everyone already hates your guts for the very behavior in this thread. Enjoy your burnt out career after 5 years when you relieve you'll never make biglaw partner despite billing 300 hours a month while you fall further into alcoholism and prescription drug abuse.

You biglaw cucks are the dumbest, most conceited morons.

>b-but muh paycheck

Yeah that you'll blow all of and kill yourself with billable hours to achieve before realizing you're just a meatgrinder for billables and then you're replaced by a younger version of yourself.

Patent lawyer here. If you start STEM then law, you can quite easily get into the 250k and up range.

Good luck passing the Patent Bar without some kind of STEM knowledge though.

>calling me a gunner

lol lol lol bro I spent my college years getting laid like crazy and having a great time, I scored my LSAT score with barely any preparation

it's not so bad if I don't make partner, I can go inhouse or something yeah?

>lol lol lol bro

I think you're on the wrong forum.

>I spent my college years getting laid like crazy

I think you're on the wrong forum.

>I scored my LSAT score with barely any preparation

Congrats.

You definitely have that terribly annoying giddy-posting, which also translates to your real life, and trust me people can tell. You only won't think you're an asshole because you'll be surrounded by people just like you.

Nice assumptions. I guess everyone on Sup Forums has to be a virgin memer like you to get into le sekrit club.

It's not what you've done or haven't done. It's how you talk.

I think you're making some pretty asinine assumptions but ok brah.

i don't want to piss on your parade and I'm sure you're an OK dude..you're excited, you got into UVA, it's an achievement.

But you have to recognize, you are in the top 1% of humanity as far as intelligence. You have to carry yourself with a certain...modesty or people will take you for pretentious asshole, even if you aren't.

I pruposely haven't mentioned money, but I make more than 95% of all the "big law partners" and work right below the General Counsel at one of top 5 investment banking firms in world.

You did well, you are excited, I ge that and you are entitled to feel good about yourself but remember not to be too..arrogant about it, or ppl will not like you.

HAve o idea if you're like this in person, I doubt it, but it's usually taboo to discuss LSAt scores once you get in or, once you actually land your job, what your starting salary is.

You (and I) are both literally "privileged" (not in the SJW sense) bc we are in the top % of IQ.

I get you are excited, I was too, but just try to..maybe keep it more lowkey, esp on a board like this, and remember you have a long way to go mate.
You'll do well, just remember, the real work starts in August.

psh like it takes IQ to study a fucking book

fucking parrots

you can't study for the LSAT. They accept the results for MENSA. If you get over a 164, you are in top 1% of Us population in intelligence.

you can't "prepare" for LSAT like you can for MCAT. It's basically an IQ test. You can "get used to" format, but there is no way to "prepare" how to have better reading comp or to "be better" at logic.

It's there or it's not.

apply again. put judaism as your religion.

He's just an envious cuck. I notice this a LOT. People accuse others of being arrogant when they are successful.

That is an amazing gig. How did you get it? Do you have any tips for networking and that sort of thing? I don't want to be tied down to biglaw, I'd love to have other options like BB and PE open, but I don't know. Give me guidance please.

lol it's just a bunch of stupid riddles

so smart!

ok do each one in one minute, and score a 170+ then broseph

any free ones? not going to pony up some cash.. i don't want to be a lawyer.. i'm content being a carpenter

lsac.org/docs/default-source/jd-docs/sampleptjune.pdf

make sure to adhere to the time limitations.

is this all to be done in my head?

am i allowed to write stuff down?

never mind it says only scrap for the writing sample

yeah this is harder than i thought gj buddy

on the real test you can only write in the margins/blank space on the question sheets

>He's just an envious cuck. I notice this a LOT. People accuse others of being arrogant when they are successful.

You're a fucking moron. So delusional in your own bullshit and arrogance that you think any criticism of you is just people being envious...it's not. I am also an attorney. So is that other guy. We're telling you, people like you are assholes. You don't realize it because you are an asshole.

Grow up kid.

I wouldn't worry about it, OP. You can still pretty much get any job you want out of a school in the T10.

What are you hoping to do after graduation?

t. Michigan '16, NYC Biglaw in the fall

i can figure these out but i'm not sure i could within the time limit

If it makes you feel any better user, my brother got accepted and is doing very well, in fact he loves it and is doing great things.

Use that fuel as motivation OP.

I was rejected from Harvard post-interview when applying to Ph.D programs. Ended up being extremely happy and very successful at the institution I chose to attend (two back to back Cell papers my niggas) and after the last few conferences I attended/invited speakers at my school I had dinner with I've gotten post-doc offers from labs in departments that are, in my opinion, better than Harvard's anyways.

Turn their decision into your fire man. I make fun of those cucks in Cambridge all the time now; seriously most Harvard students are miserable ladder climbers. UVA is a fine law school. You've got this.

>inb4 this entire thread is just a fabrication from OP

>tfw you make 30k a year and drive 1k F-150 that is 16 years old and you are privileged because you are descended from irish potato farmers who came over on starvation ships and were drafted to fight in a war they didn't care about.

he went to UVA law? what did he have to say about it my man?

thanks brother, are you a biologist?

>he went to UVA law? what did he have to say about it my man?

He said it's a normal law school like any other law school, with an abnormally high amount of douchebags. You'll fit right in.

congrats you are just like the other 95% of applicants that didn't get into an ivy league school deal with it

>2016
>law

>not MBA at Stanford

kek

its like you want the chinese to fuck your wife with their 3 inch dick in 15 years.

Yup, my field of biology is pretty small so I won't go into too much detail but I enjoy what I do.

Grad school/Med school/Law school are all pretty tough so I think the biggest piece of advice I can give you (as someone who will be done soon) is to condition your mindset from the get-go. When you're hitting the books, doing case studies, preparing for mock trials, etc etc you're going to be putting in lots of hours. I came into grad school with the mind set that a) I was already a professional and now this is me beginning my job and b) I was going to focus on the reasons that I enjoy the work and those two things have helped a lot.

I pull 12, 13, 14 hour days pretty regularly and it doesn't even feel that bad because I have the right mindset. Even when it is a drag I just remind myself that the work I put in now has a direct impact on my career later. Viewing it as my career rather than as school helps me feel more motivated to do well.

Sounds cheesy but Arnold Schwarzenegger actually has some pretty good motivational videos on youtube.

Fare well brother. Us educated/professional Sup Forumssters gotta be there for each other in the future.