Is Great Britain currently experiencing the greatest musical renaissance in the country's history?

Is Great Britain currently experiencing the greatest musical renaissance in the country's history?

youtube.com/watch?v=r51csHTnbgY
youtube.com/watch?v=xPF3YdUEbKo
youtube.com/watch?v=f10yTpZzuv4
youtube.com/watch?v=cPI7VNsN2K0
youtube.com/watch?v=_M-qrDq5vvk

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VhXb5lLkUzQ
youtube.com/watch?v=RnahB3SYN84
youtube.com/watch?v=6W4SKuwtaK8
youtube.com/watch?v=N9viPN8XrBc
youtube.com/watch?v=QL8UMUInNRo
youtube.com/watch?v=wLBrFHP-nOQ
youtube.com/watch?v=9TBkYv76oQY
youtube.com/watch?v=J32i0C1_bas
youtube.com/watch?v=LkdEOY0bf4U
youtube.com/watch?v=C4Cl0H05WCg
youtube.com/watch?v=Am9SdqJYddU
youtube.com/watch?v=YCtWFfR0K5Y
youtube.com/watch?v=E_WuLZRB8AA
youtube.com/watch?v=XD5FNHXj6tE
youtube.com/watch?v=BMP8C2vWdhw
youtube.com/watch?v=Kx4rBJyrtmM
youtube.com/watch?v=9eb-DZ-6J3o
youtube.com/watch?v=AJB_Z5i__JA
youtube.com/watch?v=_rY4qQEVs4w
youtube.com/watch?v=LmvDhTtcYXY
youtube.com/watch?v=_7JOB28mFkc
youtube.com/watch?v=H5cgg-r644g
youtube.com/watch?v=rv1HmQZ9ccw
youtu.be/mKGsRjbqhHo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i swear to god these had better not be grime videos

It's even better.

oi rudeboy shut up

#grime4corbyn

UK grime > US hiphop
When was the last time a rapper was as good as Stormzy?

If you say so, not much else on telly.

None of this is grime.
This is drill.

keep jerking it to your microgenres
this sounds indistinguishable to Grime to any reasonable person

Yes

youtube.com/watch?v=VhXb5lLkUzQ
youtube.com/watch?v=RnahB3SYN84

youtube.com/watch?v=6W4SKuwtaK8
youtube.com/watch?v=N9viPN8XrBc

youtube.com/watch?v=QL8UMUInNRo
youtube.com/watch?v=wLBrFHP-nOQ

youtube.com/watch?v=9TBkYv76oQY
youtube.com/watch?v=J32i0C1_bas

shut up dad

thanks great britania!

stop trying to make grime happen.
Its never going to happen.

It's already happening. Just not here, won't happen here until it is over and approved by Panty Fanta or someone.

they already tried to force meme it in america but americans arent interested in listening to black people who sound like jeffrey from fresh prince rap scream

If you knew the difference it would be quite obvious.
This is grime. It's not hip-hop.
youtube.com/watch?v=LkdEOY0bf4U
youtube.com/watch?v=C4Cl0H05WCg
youtube.com/watch?v=Am9SdqJYddU

This (plus the stuff in the OP) is drill. it's a subgenre of hip-hop that got big in Chicago a few years ago (think Chief Keef and all those guys). It became a thing in the UK a couple years ago.
youtube.com/watch?v=YCtWFfR0K5Y
youtube.com/watch?v=E_WuLZRB8AA
youtube.com/watch?v=XD5FNHXj6tE

The grime that's been "force memed" into America is shit watered down trappy grime.

Just like EDM you'll be clamoring for it later.

EDM is hot garbage and i never clamored for watered down electronic music that was mass marketed to dude bros

Well, that was shit. Hopefully Drill and Trap start dying down because Grime has actually been alright this year, which must be the first time in a decade that anyone could say that.
youtube.com/watch?v=BMP8C2vWdhw
youtube.com/watch?v=Kx4rBJyrtmM
youtube.com/watch?v=9eb-DZ-6J3o
youtube.com/watch?v=AJB_Z5i__JA

Even radio has gone back to being good.
youtube.com/watch?v=_rY4qQEVs4w
youtube.com/watch?v=LmvDhTtcYXY
youtube.com/watch?v=_7JOB28mFkc

I like a lot of the new grime wave but I feel like the grime scene (and UK rap/drill/whatever as well, just not as badly) is years behind in terms of marketing and actually pushing your music.
I fully believe that people like Izzie Gibbs, Jammz, Manga (I know he's been around for years but he's made a big comeback recently so I'll include him), Capo Lee, Big Zuu, etc could easily generate a lot of success but they all market themselves terribly.
They disregard social media, or use it poorly, are terrible at announcing projects and building hype for them, usually release too many singles (both Wiley, Chip, and Skepta have been guilty of this in the past year. Jme's album even featured songs that were 4 years old at the time), and barely even release any music. And when they do it just follows the same formula even though a lot of these guys are genuinely talented.
Not to mention the obsession with being "road" and the hatred of success by the rest of the scene. If any MC gets any buzz outside of the scene they will be ostracised (see Stormzy).
All of these guys are gonna fade into obscurity if they keep following this failing formula. They need to modernise themselves.

Not to mention most of these guys can spit but can't make music. Izzie Gibbs is one of my favourite new MCs but his new EP is fucking bollocks. YGG are an incredible crew but most of their tunes are decent at best.

Forgot to mention that I fully think Manga has clocked the path grime needs to take going forward and I hope he mentors other guys to make albums similar to Outbursts From The Outskirts because that album is fucking sick.

A lot of those problems exist when a genre which starts of being underground starts to become popular. Modern MCs and producers have a problem in that if they appeal to old heads then they'll most likely never make any money and if they appeal to younger fans then they'll produce shit tunes. It's not an enviable position to be in. UK in particular has been bad at this for every undeground dance genre which ended up becoming popular, which is why they all usually die on within a few years, the problem is that there doesn't appear to be an obvious solution to it.

Outbursts From The Outskirts is one of maybe 4 or so actually good Grime LPs, wasn't expecting it to be nearly as good as it was. YGG are great but only on radio, this is their only track I actually like.
youtube.com/watch?v=H5cgg-r644g

I think the only three MCs who were great back in the day and still consistently good now are Trim, Killa P and Manga.
youtube.com/watch?v=rv1HmQZ9ccw
Maybe also Prez T but his last two mixtapes were shit.

when downtempo started to meet baroque.
>Aphex Twin - Girl/Boy Song
grime in 2010 + is designed for middle class teenage boys with an attitude/identity problem

You're as dumb as metalfags

It does seem quite inward looking, but then perhaps the UK doesn't have enough pop artists for the music to breed with. US trap and rap has Katty and Taylor etc. and now Lana with a$ap . Grime doesn't have quite the equivalent of the US music in the UK. They are a bit out on their own.

?

Our pop stars not pretending to be black is a good thing.

Stormzy has done tunes with Little Mix and Ed Sheeran.
Wouldn't be surprised if J Hus starts collaborating with some popstars soon, although he's not grime he's definitely linked to that scene.
It's starting.

youtu.be/mKGsRjbqhHo

Grime hasn't been good in a decade you nonce. It's all just hip-hop/trap rap mimicking shit now

This isn't grime it literally is UK hip-hop/trap. It's the UK's version of Chicago drill to be more specific.

love #waps to be honest

dimzy's too hard on it

everything you posted is the exact same thing

lol

i just hate niggers
not even in a racist way
i just don't like them

They produce the best honey in the World thanks to the Queen B who breeds with style her divisions, yes you Elizabeth.

My royal highness know the cream, the baking and the street, she owes nothing to you but still you love the cross and the anglican lost.

The princess Diana is OK, she's in the source of light where anything can be recreated, we still know no path and the Mi6 didn't work a patch.

Now she leaves honeypots and I fall easily for scanning ports.

insha'allah

EXTRA THICC

Why does every UK drill artist have to use the same flow with a terrible extremely uninterested sounding voice

I find it hilarious how the guy in 67 with the mask wears the mask because the police banned him from making music.
So he literally put on a mask, changed his name and kept making exactly the same music and apparently that's allowed. Even though everyone knows who it is underneath the mask at this point.

>send as gift

Stop posting meme grime (MCs standing outside with a crew with a trap beat)

So is someone from blacks really a faggot? How many guys are in blacks?