I just got a mix from Nirvana live and loud 1993 and isolated Kurt's guitar then compared then with the other guitar...

I just got a mix from Nirvana live and loud 1993 and isolated Kurt's guitar then compared then with the other guitar player
Would you like to take a listen ? People always said he couldn't play very well..
youtu.be/AipiEGN0IkI

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymotion.com/video/x5wra0a
clyp.it/iicouvjz
clyp.it/uiejetea
twitter.com/AnonBabble

yeh but its blocked for copyright

it's blocked bro

Shit in less than 3 minutes they blocked

>Viacom

any idea where can I upload this ~30 mb file?

Maybe mediafire?

Here working
dailymotion.com/video/x5wra0a

Yeah they have algorithms that compare any uploaded audio to files in their database provided by copywriter holders so they can jump on it quick

I was planning to make a longer video with more Kurt vs Pat guitar but I thought making shorter would avoid copyright
anyway the dailymotion link is working

Neat. I always figured Pat was just for show (he acts like he has a seizure when he's playing ffs) and Kurt was still the dominant guitar. I've seen other shows where it seems as if they're more equal in the mix but i never thought Kurt was playing any less or worse than Pat.

Where did you find this OP?

years ago I read Pat's guitar was about 30% lower than Kurt. What is interesting is that when both are playing it gives a wider range better than I expected.
This song is interesting because Kurt's main guitar is doing almost everything but when you take Pat's guitar it becomes weak
>Where did you find this OP?
From The Muddy Banks of Wishkah had better guitar separation than the latest Live and Loud CD
I used both to isolate Kurt's guitar and then in the Stereo mix I used both the 1996 CD and the Live and Loud 2013.

>Blocking their own free promotion

This is why the music industry is dying.

I'm going to upload 45 sec of the official release vs my remix
You'll tell me which one is better.

First 45 seconds: my remix
Later 45 seconds: official release

The record labels can't even bother to hire someone to mix their shit with some decency

clyp.it/iicouvjz

I prefer the official, yours lacks grunt.. low end.

there is no low end in the official release, the drums are all over the place with higher frequency boost and guitars extremely bad mixed
Not to mention vocals are lower in the official release

Pat was just there as a mate I thought. I guess he really was getting sick of dave.

Low mid I meant. The grunt of the guitar. It also has that chorusy clarity. Which perhaps might have been just a mistake of the production (I thought he deliberately added chorus... this is news to me)
They also space out the guitars more which is good for some people, others hate.

I can't stand mono personally. Gotta have big meaty stereo guitars for chords and riffs. Gets the groove better.

I also like compressed guitars. Rock music sounds gutless without loudness.

That said, rick rubin is doing it wrong :^)

I've made a more stereo mix by bumping Pat's guitar but as you can hear in the final mix the cymbals are so loud I can barely listen in my headphones and in my speakers.
The only positive thing about the final mix is the stereo separation (even so it's more mono than the 1996 release)

That's your opinion man.
I like the compressed mess. That's part of the package that was "nirvana" - a band destroyed by fame and the industry.

if you love stereo guitars.. this mix I've made is even more wider than the 1996 release
clyp.it/uiejetea

You'd need the original recorded tracks to make it sound better man.

yes better than this only with the master dat (or tape) recording which I don't have and never will lol
it was painful to analyze the frequency to make it the better stereo I could

>This is why the music industry is dying.
Literally this, morons.

ELECTROLYTES SMELL LIKE SEMEN

Kurt was influenced by punk, which is a genre notorious for musicians who suck at their instruments. What else did you expect?

heroin makes a person effeminate that's why people loved them

godspeed you

Hardly true, it seems like nirvana is the only "punk" band you know, they're not even punk btw