American College of Pediatrics Official Statement: Gender Ideology harms children

calls it CHILD ABUSE

acpeds.org/the-college-speaks/position-statements/gender-ideology-harms-children

WITH studies cited and references, with a more in-depth position statement to be released this summer.

1. Human sexuality is an objective biological binary trait: “XY” and “XX” are genetic markers of health – not genetic markers of a disorder.

2. No one is born with a gender. Everyone is born with a biological sex. Gender (an awareness and sense of oneself as male or female) is a sociological and psychological concept; not an objective biological one.

3. A person’s belief that he or she is something they are not is, at best, a sign of confused thinking.

4. Puberty is not a disease and puberty-blocking hormones can be dangerous.

5. According to the DSM-V, as many as 98% of gender confused boys and 88% of gender confused girls eventually accept their biological sex after naturally passing through puberty.5

6. Children who use puberty blockers to impersonate the opposite sex will require cross-sex hormones in late adolescence. Cross-sex hormones (testosterone and estrogen) are associated with dangerous health risks including but not limited to high blood pressure, blood clots, stroke and cancer

7. Rates of suicide are twenty times greater among adults who use cross-sex hormones and undergo sex reassignment surgery, even in Sweden which is among the most LGBTQ – affirming countries.

8. Conditioning children into believing that a lifetime of chemical and surgical impersonation of the opposite sex is normal and healthful is child abuse.

Other urls found in this thread:

thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2016/03/22/3762261/pediatrician-hate-group/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I don't really have anything to say about this but have a (you).

Experts finally getting around to admit what everybody already knows.

>only 88% of girls
>women
>not degenerate

And here I was thinking all the trannies were guys trying to be chicks.

holy shit, some actual sanity?!

fuck, i have never felt satisfied by a post on Sup Forums but this actually made me relieved that someone with authority is not a fucking idiot

i'm leaving before i ruin this feeling

While the world devours itself these kind of publications are the last remaining shreds of decency that drift off into obscurity while liberals ignore societal morals because it is too late. The first world is too far gone. I truly believe the end times are upon us.

Science wins again.

lol I look forward to seeing that mental gymnastics that liberals are gonna use to explain this.

>The American College of Pediatricians (ACPeds) is a small, socially conservative association of pediatricians and other healthcare professionals in the United States. The group was founded in 2002 by a group of pediatricians, including Joseph Zanga, a past president of the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), as a protest against the AAP's support for adoption by gay couples.

>The group's membership has been estimated at between 60 and 200 members(in contrast to the AAP's over 60,000 members).

It's nothing. A tiny conservative protest group affirming how conservative it is by saying something conservative.

THANK FUCKING GOD SCIENCE THE BIBBLE NEWTON KEK WHOEVER THE FUCK

Study is made by evil white males

Man this is awesome

They're actually kind of an embarrassment since they chose a name that suggests no bias. If they had named themselves Pediatricians Against Ruining Civilization maybe someone would listen to them.

I'm guessing the media is going to keep quiet about this?

>2016
>not realizing that modern liberalism was grown into civilization to sidetrack people from the banks
>not realizing "bleeding heart libersals" are an unchecked social weapon left by the soviets in order to cause the United States to self-district because its impossible to kill a super power in the era of atomic bombs
thanks for the heads up captain obvious

Why is everyone praising this?

>2. No one is born with a gender. Everyone is born with a biological sex. Gender (an awareness and sense of oneself as male or female) is a sociological and psychological concept; not an objective biological one.

Found it

thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2016/03/22/3762261/pediatrician-hate-group/

Gender has to do with linguistics. Words have gender. Some people cannot distinguish between words, which are symbols, and the things they represent. See the word "man", image comes to mind, see the word "woman", another image comes to mind, and so forth. If you cannot tell the difference from the images generated in your mind and what you perceive for real with your eyes, what good are you?

wow, who would have thought?

I haven't seen this story being picked up by any mainstream news sources. Seems like ignoring it will be the proper course of action.

For example, the statement not-so-subtly concludes that all transgender people must be mentally ill. “A person’s belief that he or she is something they are not is, at best, a sign of confused thinking,” the statement reads. “When an otherwise healthy biological boy believes he is a girl, or an otherwise healthy biological girl believes she is a boy, an objective psychological problem exists that lies in the mind not the body, and it should be treated as such.”

The mind is part of the body these fucking retards. So anorexia or belemia is a mental illness but hating your body because it doesn't look the way you think it should isn't. Wait I just described anorexia and transgenderism in the same sentence would you look at that.

the comments are amazing

This is all well and good and maybe you'll start to believe it, maybe you think that if society COMPLETELY discarded gender roles then trannies wouldn't need boob jobs and facial surgery or even genital surgery. Maybe it really is society's problem that it makes women out to look like this and men out to look like that, but I challenge you to go and ask one tranny what it feels like to know they will never be able to bear a child like a biological woman and watch them breakdown, as they always do, knowing that they will NEVER be a woman. You see trannies are not trans-gender they are trans-sexual. They want to be the opposite sex and you can add new terms and define it as some non-binary system if you want but at the end of the day a woman can't impregnate a man and a man cannot be impregnated by a woman and no amount of coddling and enabling and societal change will ever stop that being true without at the very least severely invasive procedures in the distant future. Then you just have to ask yourself, is something that takes surgery, medication and therapy, really a normal thing. Is it really society's problem that this person needs medical treatment, or do they have a serious, undeniable, medical disorder that you need to treat, not enable, as fast and thoroughly as possible.

>And until it is Legal to ban parents from indoctrinating their children in to cults, there should be no talk of denying innocent children their life saving medicine. Not that there should ever be that talk.
>life saving medicine

God damn, these fuckers are delusional.