ITT:We crate fictional genres and anons give us recs that looks remembers our creations

Me first:

Experimental Classical

Other urls found in this thread:

factmag.com/2014/12/04/power-ambient-the-sound-of-2014-if-you-were-listening-closely/
youtube.com/watch?v=mZGNTx6SrrE&list=PL2pYU7cjkA2ZiXLsAGvTGNRXLC87qBweB
youtube.com/watch?v=nRW1O5vh1zw
youtube.com/watch?v=Ta2n6tBkuhU
youtube.com/watch?v=1Z8X0zqIAJ0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>ITT:We create fictional genres and anons give us recs that remembers our creations
Fix'd

The 7 Days of the Weak is great.

Any Progressive Hip Hop recs?

Vapehype
Poststep
Chillvape
Shoegazey Horror Jazz
Hogwartswave

Post-Shoegaze

>what is serialism, spectralism and sonorism

are you for real dude

classical has been about being "experimental" since its inception

it has always evolved and innovated and pushed boundaries from Bach to Stockhausen

Deltron 3030, maybe?

Post Ambient

Rollerskate Skinny
A Sunny Day in Glasgow
>pop music that uses shoegazing as a source of inspiration rather than relying on it

Post-Jazz

>classical has been about being experimental since its inception
Factually wrong. You could have been killed for playing a melody that wasn't deemed as appropriate by authorities, and this rule had lasted for centuries before getting canceled.

this may interest you
factmag.com/2014/12/04/power-ambient-the-sound-of-2014-if-you-were-listening-closely/

Harsh Noise Wall-Gaze
Just super noisy shit

Weightless gabber

Nu-jazz exists

Interesting read, thanks user

Conscious Dream Trap Nu-Jazz

Post-Pop

Country grunge

Progressive Country Hip Hop Pop Rock Metal Nightcore Vaporwave Classical Ambient Post Jazz Punk Harsh-Noise Industrial Sporkcore Shoegaze

that doesn't mean the old masters didn't still find ways to innovate/experiment within the context of what they were legally permitted to do.

Bach is still influential on basically all of music to this day.

suicide boys

This maybe?

noisier

It is known that the schools of music were very strict and not open to new suggestions during the renaissance, baroque, classical and romantic era.
Learning and composing back then was very tedious and could get you into some serious problems if your piece didn't please the court or the public.
Trust me, composers back then had more things on their mind before aiming at any kind of experiments. I can't deny the fact that some composers had their own touch and their own way of writing a piece, but I dont think a lot of them even thought of making "groundbreaking" music before the 20th century.

This
youtube.com/watch?v=mZGNTx6SrrE&list=PL2pYU7cjkA2ZiXLsAGvTGNRXLC87qBweB

there's several HNW/black metal splits and collabs out there that may be what you're looking for. the rita & bone awl did one that's particularly good

but they still did...like I said Bach's influence lasts on both classical and popular music to this day, even if they weren't TRYING to be groundbreaking they still were, people still study their compositions in colleges and stuff. Bach was great but then Mozart and Beethoven and tons of others took it to even more insane levels. I mean Beethoven's symphonies still completely BTFO most music of the current generation on a compositional level.

Noise-Folk

mumble folk

Dream (as opposed to Dream Pop)

>You could have been killed for playing a melody that wasn't deemed as appropriate by authorities
[citation needed]

>I mean Beethoven's symphonies still completely BTFO most music of the current generation on a compositional level.
how does being technically complex and canonical have anything to do with being experimental? the fact that its a tradition still studied in colleges shows how institutional and structural it is...

caroliner
roro perrot

Art noise surf pop

I'm not just talking about being technically complex, there's more to it than that. it's not just wank, it's the way he was able to intricately compose scores brilliantly for maximum emotional impact.

>I dont think a lot of them even thought of making "groundbreaking" music before the 20th century.
Schumann was very experimental. He fucked around with structures extending across an entire symphony (Symphony 4), overtones produced by the piano (Paganini from Carnaval), starting and ending a piece en medias ras (Im wunderschonen monat Mai), defining a melody by the tail end of a note rather than the attack (ABEGG variations), withholding a definitive cadence in the correct key for 12 minutes (Fantasie in C). The first movement of the Fantasie itself has an experimental structure that starts off fragmented before working its way to a full melody at the end.
A lot of the Romantic era could be considered experimental since most of it tried to break away from the Classical (era) tradition. I mean Wagner took the idea of withholding a cadence and extended it over 4 hours.

Experimental is such a weak term anyway. If your favourite pop band puts out a reggae flavoured album then they are being experimental, doesn't matter if it had been done many times before.

Bullshit. They would have looked at you funny, but they certainly wouldn't have killed you—they weren't Muslims.

it's called fusion

>You could have been killed for playing a melody that wasn't deemed as appropriate by authorities
that's a lame exaggeration. this didn't happen even during the middle ages.
Bach played the weirdest melodies in church, late Baroque music was the epitome of extravagant weirdness
even Romantic melodies were boring compared to it

Industrial Ballet

Atmospheric Progressive Rock

How would one even deem certain melodies as "inappropriate"?

Experimental isn't a genre and literally every single type of music can be "experimental"

>Bach is still influential on basically all of music to this day.
>I haven't listened to any classical that predates Bach?
Why is Sup Forums so ignorant?

CON is a legend. OG Kosmische/proto-industrial
youtube.com/watch?v=nRW1O5vh1zw

math rock + shoegaze?

Christian Satanic Black Metal Folk-Jazz

intervals being judged by catholic numerology

Hogwash.

This is pretty much revisionist history familia. Even the tritone was alright back in the day

Why is everyone taking a joke about common practice period deathsquads seriously.

not true by the way
Cage and Stockhausen were experimenters because they actually conducted musical experiments (for example, introducing the notion of physical space into a score).

Twee country
Tropical Twee

Toe maybe

Atrocity Exhibition

what is your point here?

Scandinavian Sport Synth
Pro-Life Radioverb
Monotunic Mural

gothic hardcore (that band i am ghost sucks don't post them)

Ambient Trap

Tribal ambient

i mean deathrock is punk goth. hardcore would mean only to take that one step foward.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ta2n6tBkuhU

this would fit better(?)

this is literally an entire genre

ain soph - II
mother destruction - ascending the spiral groove
vasilisk - tribal zone
C.O.T.A. - new mythologies

good stuff

if you hold on a sec, I might be able to dig something up.

ok here
youtube.com/watch?v=1Z8X0zqIAJ0
not spot on, but I don't have time to go through all of Mumdance's tracks.

Cosmogramma by Flylo.