Will this shit ever evolve beyond homemade RC cars built with shit from Home Depot...

Will this shit ever evolve beyond homemade RC cars built with shit from Home Depot, with glorified gardening implements attached to them?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=m8O_jOzMXBs
srl.org/
youtube.com/watch?v=L5JhQCJBYdQ
youtube.com/watch?v=uEyGN_aSV0c
youtube.com/watch?v=PpPggo4eWxk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I feel like they'd have to make that an event. Teams are given weeks but the teams are given PhD people or whatever. Idk, you should probably get to work on that, faggot.

Waiting for the webm with the anime voices.

Make them man sized, fill arena with prisoners, last one alive gets pardoned
>runningman.webm
Solves overcrowded prison system
Removes blacks and mexicans from the genepool
Entertainment for the whole family

Nigga its already here
youtube.com/watch?v=m8O_jOzMXBs

The Japanese humanoid version is fucking toy sized, though. Not that I don't love Japan and would watch a Japanese robot combat show over an American one every time, but watching a couple Robosapiens from Toys R Us bonk each other artistically is ZzZzzZZzzZZZzZzz...

Nope.

you're talking about a show where 90% of the content is the token reality show arm crossing poses and the freakshow WWE performances put on by the teams before the rounds begin.

But it gives MyFreeCams/Chaturbate models something to do to make them look smert.

Forgot the pic.

Eyy I actually built some of the RC cars for this, AMA.

Depends on whether Ziggo was built with RC parts, because Ziggo destroyed everything.

Just how stringent are the rules for this that 95% of the entries basically match OP's description? Is it basically tailored around dumbfag millenials like that MIT bunch?

Why do _all_ the drivers/operators use STICK style radios to drive these things, and not competition RC car style radios? I was heavily into racing 1/10 scale offroad RC in the very early 90s and sticks are terribad for trying to accurately drive an RC vehicle in the heat of battle.

KEK
you forgot the part about her currently building a bot to topple statues of confederate generals at her university

Personal preference. Lucky and Hypershock both use pistol-grips, but everyone else uses sticks. For one, the stick systems can be more reliable, are easier to program, and can make more sense for a vehicle that has skid steering instead of ackerman. Personally, I use sticks for both robots and my RC aircraft, but I have a cheap pistol for RC car toys.

There is a LOT more materials science and manufacturing that goes into all of the modern competitive ones than OP is giving credit for. Electronics have gotten simpler in the last two seasons, but that's a good thing as that makes them more reliable and more powerful.

Most modern spinning weapons are some grade of heat-treated tool or tank steel optimized to hurt the other guy. That being said, Bronco and Chomp have both done incredible work with fully-custom pneumatic systems and Chomp has done some light autonomy work as well, although they brag more about it that it actually gets used.

Still better than this retarded shit.

They're all made from RC car parts. Except Bronco. Alllllll of them.

lol. Everyone is authentically a nerd, which is what makes the reality TV bit so cringy. Also, the long shots and shitty dialog are all prompted by the producers who have no idea what they're doing.

Did that even make it beyond one season? It was 100% fake.

If Teslas become cheap and plentiful then you will see some shit.

>if

but we got to see George Lucas' ugly butch lesbodyke daughter.

I stole one of those fat people electric carts from Walmart. Plan is to convert it into a fully armed device like police bomb squads use. No money, so project is on hold for a while.

You still need an arena to hold it in that makes it exciting for an audience, and the one they've got for the 200lb machines already costs $1m.

This is how 80% of the old-school battlebots were made. I've also done some other fun projects with those parts as well!

>I stole one of those fat people electric carts from Walmart. Plan is to convert it into a fully armed device like police bomb squads use. No money, so project is on hold for a while.

Spoken like a true, lard ass poorfag.

no but if there was ever a reason for terminator to come back in time and launch da bombs its cause of this, robots feel pain man

prob no, very expensive to do on a large scale. nigger ass gov. will regulate it

Not robots if they're RC cars

It's already $4m to run it for TV, $.5-1.5M to run it on the amature scale

I was on the show.
>Not fake
>You're all idiots and have no idea how these are built
>Do something with your lives

bruh, I hardly call dropping 10-20k on an RC car that gets 3 minutes of air time on average "doing something with your life"

Annnnddddd this is why you don't know shit as previously stated.
>Implying we pay for the bots
>Implying our bots get only 3 mins in the spotlight
>Implying you know anything about robotics/competitions

Go to sleep. Summer is over.

srl.org/

where the real robot lords are

youtube.com/watch?v=L5JhQCJBYdQ

I've seen a couple of their shows back in the early 2ks was some awesome shit

Also, implying this is a full time gig is pretty ignorant. If you think this shit show is the height of any builder's life then you're pretty foolish. We do plenty outside if the show. The show is an excuse for us to hang out, get fucked up, and blow shit up.

We have a blast... Then we go and do other shit with our lives.

Have a look at this, the whole 1½ minutes, and then tell me its RC-cars with garden stuff on them.
youtube.com/watch?v=uEyGN_aSV0c

How about actual autonomy like real robots.

Robot Combat League? Because that's the only one anyone in this thread mentioned as being fake. Because it was entirely fake.
>Humanoid "walking" bipedal robots that were actually supported by booms/extentions out the back
>Not built by the actual competitors
>"Different" from one to the other in basically aesthetic only ways
>High pressure hydraulic lines put on using bullshit pushlock connections that were never meant for that use, allowing the "robots" to spectacularly blow lines every time one of them landed an autistic punc on the other
It was pure fake bullshit. The only element of competition was which person strapped into the arm control harness could time things better than the other to land more/better punches.
It was Rock'em Sock'em Robots built to impress morons who think rental karts are fast.
>Bonus:
I remember that guy who designed/built them being an actual contestant on one of the very early battlebot/robot wars shows...and even though he was always trying to do something other than the stupid sheet metal RC wedge, he never had anything near successful.
>Bonus bonus:
The only really good part of Robot Combat League was that cute blonde girl from the father/daughter team. I wanted to do terrible things to her anus with my tongue.

"Staged shortly after the SF Fire Dept warned SRL never to perform in SF again. Good enough show that Mark Pauline and Mike Dingle got arrested and convicted of arson with the intent to injure the public!"

I was at this show doing bumps of meth with some hotties that were out of my league.

we almost died - because we snuck in too close and were set up next to a 'unabomber" that we thought was a person but was really filled with black powder.

youtube.com/watch?v=PpPggo4eWxk

by real you mean fake ones from tv?

These are for hobbiest.

Want the real thing join the military.

dutchfag here, Does battlebots still exist? Its so 90`s and early 2000`s for me, Are they all Sup Forumstards?

There was a magnetic mini grav tank in one episode I think.

No by real I mean by the definition of robot
It's gotta do the thing on its own - no human controller

I was trying to figure out if you were Mark or Lucas, but I'm pretty sure you're Mark.

Battlebots was around for the past two years (reboot). Not coming back for season 3 this year as it was sold.

Idk about others... But I am here atm.

Yes, and they are in the Netherlands!

face book com/metalskullrobotics/

>Want the real thing join the military.
Oh I'm sorry. RC _planes_ that explode. Huge difference.
>muh media tells me this shit is what robots are and I believe it

You'll never guess...

huh not sure then. what robots exist that are currently autonomous?

This is a prototype before it kills all the Jews.

The Mars rovers are pretty autonomous, they receive a bunch of commands from Earth but they have a lot on their own because of the time it takes to send messages to Mars.

OP here. Incorrect.
For example: the labors in Patlabor are robots, yet piloted/operated by people.
There are autonomous robots, however a robot need not be autonomous.

You really think those things are going to catch a black guy running for his life over anyone else?

Roombas.

gotcha, so like a drone with lots of if/then statements on how to pursue/attack something, then left to itself.

roombas with weapons then

This is actually true

I'd rather watch Roombas push each other around than plate steel boxes with motorized wheelbarrow wheels and spinning lawnmower blades.
>that's not accurate, user. muh battulbot have an induction hardened 4130 horizontal spinning blade that was cut on an EDM machine and dynamically balanced on a Hoffman dynamic balancer and buhh buh buhh buh buhhhhh
Yeah, like I said...

The original roomba is pretty dumb imho. Just a touch sensor that tells it to turn right whenever it runs into anything. The new ones are slightly more legit with LASERS.

I like you. But roombas are dull.

The coolest part of a Roomba is the cat.