Should I enlist in the marines? I want to develop a skill for free that can be used outside the military that pays well...

Should I enlist in the marines? I want to develop a skill for free that can be used outside the military that pays well, that way I don't have to go to college. I will also be hired more likely because of being a veteran. But at the same time I kinda want to just work some $15 an hour job and just live life and smoke weed and not worry about anything and skate. I don't know if I should just go out and have fun or start my life and career when I graduate this year. If anyone can give me some advice thate be great. Especially if you've gone through similar experiences.

Do it. I did and I go to bootcamp on Sunday.

> Avionics Tech (I Level)
> Cherry point
> work never stops
>CDQAR

Yeah the only useful thing I can think of when it comes to this job is probably the manhours/OJT logged on ASM. As well as the quals (2M, 62C, NDI, AirSpeed). That's really the only thing I got going for me, is pretty much the quals.

You can pick what you do in the navy, and get better training. I personally recommend aviation.

Keeping it short tldr
You enlist negro says what u wants 2 B u say f u skate is great join 8yr contract get dat sweet cash and begone with ur life

Join Air Force or dont join at all, Navy fag here

>Should I enlist in the marines? I want to develop a skill for free that can be used outside the military that pays well, that way I don't have to go to college.
What skill do you think the Jarheaded cannon fodder are going to teach you? Advanced Embassy Guarding? Go Air Force if you have the scores, Navy if you don't. They'll get you to blue collar prince status if you're serious.

Same here, ns mayport

Lol I hope you get to catch many many shiny bullets user. Join the Marines, you'll do great!

Haha Florida fucking sucks.

If you're not retarded, air traffic control in the air force gives you great pay both in and out and the military background is extremely helpful when going to civilian ATC

Bum around for a while, maybe travel, I wish I did.
If you do want a skill, I'd get into a trade, I'm an apprentice electrician myself and would recommend it over military any day

Pretty sure Marines have ATC as well. Actually I think any branch involving Aviation does. And from what I hear in Beaufort it's not that bad.

Well shipmates I think we just made a sailor. Btw lie your ass off in the recruiting office, meps, and the moment of truth holds no amnesty

>I don't know if I should just go out and have fun or start my life and career when I graduate this year. If anyone can give me some advice thate be great.
One thing I can say is, DO start your life immediately. Don't fuck around with your friends and chill after graduation, you'll just get busted for drugs or underage drinking/DUI, or knock up some bitch and it will dramatically narrow your positive options.

I'm leaving Monday. What RSS are you and which base are you going to

>Should I enlist in the marines?

No
But seriously, any branch except reserves is better than the marines. Atleast in the army you can choose your job and not be stuck as some cook's helper on base for 4 years

If your school has a JROTC program ask the instructors there

If not talk to a recruiter (and fact check literally everything they tell you, especially regarding sign-on bonuses)

Or just take the ASVAB and see if they'll even let you get a job that can be applied In civilian life

Navy AECF leaving here in a couple months. Im stoked. Fast track to E-4, fairly chill job, no meat heads, probability of scoring 100k/year job after enlistment is pretty dang high.

If you wanna be a MAHREEN, yes, go for it
If you don't wanna get shot at, score high on your ASVAB and join the chair force

Buttfuck Academy, you?

You can choose your job in every branch including coast guard. Army just advertises it because you pick it the day you swear in; whereas, everyone else does it later on

Join.
>Become self-disciplined
>Free top-tier exercise regiments
>Get college paid for if you ever change your mind
>Be pushed to the top of the hiring list
>Get ego stroked constantly by other men and literally stroked by women, though don't fall for the benefits whores, wear a condom always and pump-and-dump
>Study before enlisting to get non-grunt job
>Get pension, albeit small, adds up when you score a job
>If you know a female that you REALLY REALLY REALLY trust, get married with her through the court and sign a prenup/no-fault clause added, that way you are much less likely to be sent into combat zones, get better benefits, you're helping someone else get good benefits, and you're pretty much golden with the "I only date married men" whores
Then you can spend the rest of your life in a better paying job and skating and chilling.

Haha you suh fuhnny. So uhriginal. Haha

Never said you couldn't friend

Though I guess I did imply it pretty heavily there

>You can choose your job in every branch including coast guard. Army just advertises it because you pick it the day you swear in; whereas, everyone else does it later on
Fucking army recruiter I talked to told me that if I go Air Force, I'd end up as a cook or some shit like that. I knew that was bullshit.

>Top tier exercise regimen

Spotted the non military fag.

It's not a bad Idea, plus they'll pay for college if you eventually want to go.

Have fun when they choose for you between FC and ET while spending fucking forever in Great Mistakes

>Marine
>CDI/QAR/QASO/QAO
>610,620,69B,670,990,530,440,030,730

I have worked from shit such as fucking engines and rotor blades, to fucking with dealing with RT's and fucking RTCASS. To dealing with ILevel ordnance on Talley's and guns. To making fucking CDI's.Ive been through the fucking worst
>Yuma,Pendleton,Okinawa,Cherry Point
And now just got fucking orders to a fucking dumb fuck I&I in fucking NOLA. I've done so much fucking qualifications because of the shit I've done. That's just work CDI/QAR quals btw. I have fucking hella fucking shit I'm qualed in, whether it be from welding, microminiature, battery school, paint school, as mentioned by some other fucking retard AIRSPEED. (SSBB btw), and have worked with the largest fucking NAVY IMRL fucking located in Lakehurst. I've dealt easily in my lifetime close to half a billion worth of shitz and still going. I have so much to look forward to. I can go the Program Manager route for IMRL and make 70-100k or go TechRep in AVI for 50-80k. Or go for Six Sigma Belt training instructors which are the same amount. Or better yet just a solder tech, welding tech or even ASEMIO. Don't let these fucking retards fool you. Sure Navy is great, but even AE,AD,AT,AO,AM,AS's fucking knew I was over them. It's just your choice to fucking pass that ASVAB with a high score to do all this shit.

That's all army does. They just try to bribe you with a bunch of bullshit. If you want to join for the benefits then do air force. If you want to join for the experience, do Navy. If you want to join to support your country, do Marines. just do not do the fucking army

>branch
>coast guard
wew lad

Your job is on your contract unless you choose to go in open

no bc fuck the US military

Yeah man, im hoping ET but we'll see. The year + in great lakes is going to suck ass I hear. Have you been? Is there any chilll times and is the school difficult?

Pop a tab of lsd and spend the day really contemplating looking at it from every possible angle, ask yourself what you really like and what makes you happy man, don't go for something just because money, at the end of the day money won't make up for the unhappy years you lived lost

Fuckcuck

Im an IT that went to Florida instead. Friend in Great lakes says ET school is easy but everyone on the east coast and RTC are wound tight

Not part of the DOD, not a branch of military
fucking puddle pirates

>disrespecting our nation's disciplined and incredibly organized puddle pirates

I'm all for bantz but your not kicking someone while they're down, you're beating someone who's never gotten up

It says right there that it's part of the military, you stupid fuck. Kill yourself and send it to your parents with a note explaining how they fucked up by getting divorced when you were so young

Yeah, that's what I hear. Thanks for the reply man, I'm excited to get into the Navy life but fuck that winter boot camp is going to suck ass.

RSS San Mateo to San Diego. You? And you know it starts Monday, we leave Sunday.

If you can handle the name-calling above, Coast Guard might be a decent fit for you if you want a chill job OK. Not in myself but I've spoken with more than a few, spent a good amount of time In CG bases

>basically police force 2.0, saltwater edition

>nobody fucking joins so everyone has a basic knowledge of everyone else's job and you just do whats needed

>only actually called maybe twice a month to fish retarded drowning immigrants out of the ocean

>everyone has a shit ton of free time and decent gyms on base so 9/10 coasties just fucking lift 20/7 and do maintenance on boats for the other 4 hours

I went Jan 5, snowed everyday and barely saw the sun. Had to wear full winter gear the entire time. Bootcamp is really easy as long as you follow instructions and know how to do things quickly

Pick hull tech in the navy, go to weld school, get out with security clearance and weld for any company that pays the most. can easily get 35+ an hour.

work construction dude, become a field mechanic or a pipe fitter. those guys make like $50K/year and a lot of work places will pay for you to get your certification

That actually calms my mind a bit. Thanks my man, the insight actually helped alot.

>he thinks 50k is allot
I don't know whether laugh or feel bad for you.

op don't be stupid. listen to this fucking trips guy here. welding is a dope profession, pays like fucking crazy once you get good at it. do 3-4 years and get out, gi bill and va loans combined with your welding skills mean you're gonna be set

Waifus.

If you join the marines you'll end up a grunt making 17k a year and spending almost all of it on chew/smokes, energy drinks, and real food to avoid field rations and chow as much as possible. But at least you get a good GI bill. Best you can hope for is to get some decent injury and get awarded 100% disability for 3200 a month for the rest of your life on top of your shitty wage slave job. This is 99% marine life.

for the love of god dont be a HT

I enlisted in the Army as a Tank mechanic. Been out, used my GI bill to get a B.S. in Biochemistry but found a way higher paying job in the mechanic field due to my experience. Just know this, high skill in the military = high work hours. You can go infantry and you will probably sit on your ass for 3 years and it's easy as fuck, but you will have NO SKILLS outside of police, border patrol, security, or contracting (which can all pay well but they have their big downsides). Just be careful about your decision.

>I want to develop a skill for free that can be used outside the military that pays well, that way I don't have to go to college.

If that is your only goal then either become an apprentice for a trade like electrician/plumbing/etc, or join a branch like the Navy or Air Force.

There's very little in the Marine Corps that translates to the civilian world. Unless you wanna be a cop or a bouncer.

Nah fuck that, worst decision I have ever made.

Why because you might have to prove your worth and unclog a shitter for a few months before you can show your arent a complete retard and get put in the fab/weld shop?

Look up veteran suicide rates and your chances of ending up homeless after you get out. Consider those statistics carefully.

If those don't dissuade you, then consider this. Each service offers low level college credits in your MOS/Rate for time served. Each service will offer different amounts of applicable/transferable credits with the Air Force being at the top (most) and Marines at the bottom (last). Army is 3rd and Navy is 2nd.

Next consider what the fuck you actually want to do in the civilian world. Do everything you can to ensure your MOS/Rate lines up with that. When you get out, you can go to college on your G.I. bill for a year or two, and walk out with a bachelor's in your field thanks to those credits from your time in service.

Sounds fucking great, right?

Yeah. Until you're hired on to a company so they can benefit from a nice tax break for hiring a vet for the minimum time required to get the benefit, then fire your ass. Repeat this a couple dozen times.

And now you know half of the reason why so many vets are homeless. The other two thirds are drugs to cope and mental illness.

Hey! The VA provides medical! Get used to writing in sharpie what limb they need to work on so they don't fuck up the operation. That's assuming you get approved, and don't count on filling your perscriptions on time either. You're outright fucked there.

Divorce rate is pretty high, too. Don't get married while you're in the military. Ever. Ex wives always get half of what you got. Even if you caught them fucking your C.O. and the inspector general was streaming it live to Tel Aviv.

Take it from a Vet, user. Don't. But if you do, go Air Force and actually use your G.I. bill. At least you won't be 50k in debt for a degree that today, amounts to little more than toilet paper.

What the fuck I thought I had a stroke reading this