The average american house hold doesn't have a kettle

The average american house hold doesn't have a kettle.

>Americans still boil water in pots for shit like noodles, tea, etc.

Thoughts?

>kettle
>britbong dont know what a hotpot is

still blows my mind. I cant imagine life without a kettle. it's been my daily driver since I was a kid and was my whole kitchen in university.

Haha ah hahaha boil in a pot, they microwave that shit

Have you ever considered that we have no use for a kettle?
Why spend another 100 or so dollars on something like a kettle when you have all purpose pots already?
Waste of money on something you'd only use for 3-4 things.

amerifag with a kettle, returning to my uk roots.

Bought mine for $15 on sale have used it for years mostly for tea. Also convenient for the occasional thing like oatmeal and instant noodles though.

We Americans are a thrifty lot...

Seriously though, my gf has an electric kettle for tea and I use it all the time. Not for noodles though. Maybe that would work for rice noodles but semolina pasta needs to boil for a reasonable amount of time.

Also Americans just eat out.

>Maybe that would work for rice noodles but semolina pasta needs to boil for a reasonable amount of time.
yeah not real pasta, think ramen. its the easiest way to make it.

Right on. Ramen isn't really my bag. I do use the kettle for making French press coffee every day. Very handy

100 nigga fuck you, it cost like 30 tops

can confirm. kettles start at $10USD here.

$100 will get you an expensive one with a laser lightshow and bluetooth.

Alexa! Boil water!

Electromagnetic oven

We use our Keurig coffee makers for boiling water.

>1 min 27 sec to boil

Nah we use microwaves man.
For like the past 40 years.

>daily driver
You fuckin nerd

Most Americans don't drink tea so we good

OP here

Americans actually use microwaves to boil their water for things? That's actually fucking retarded.

>not being technologically superior

a lot of people use kuerig machines

My parents came back from America a couple of weeks ago (holliday). At a restaurant my mom asked for a cup of tea.
The waitress returned with a cup of ice tea, when she asked for a cup of hot tea the waitress gave her a weird look, shrugged and walked away.
A couple of minutes later she returned with the same cup of ice tea but microwaved.
Americans are either extremely stupid or ignorant.

I'll use it for small amounts of water. Like for a cup of tea you just microwave for a minute, but I use a pot for boiling pasta and the like.

Kettles are so convenient, Amerifags are retarded

Was the tea ungodly sweet? If so your parents were in the south.

they were in the south. they drink sweet tea more than you faggots drink hot tea

>kettle
i have one,
simply boiling 2 liter of water at a time is not enought for me.
bring the big gun and boil 5 liter at a time.

More convenient than a microwave?
Are you retarded?

I've never been to a restaurant or a home that has hot tea I've also never met a person who likes hot tea outside of green tea. It's just not a thing here especially in the south. I know that my family and I can't stand any hot tea.

It's not an ignorant thing, it's a regional thing. Im not bitching at you for ruining perfectly good iced tea by heating it up and putting milk in it.

Hotteafags what's up with the milk in tea? It just sounds off.

tell your mom she is a picky cunt

>Hot tea
I drink probably a gallon of sweet / unsweetened iced tea every other day. I know it's the same for allot of people around here.

Chinese restaurants serve hot tea in the US.
Usually you have to buy tea at the store.
It's usually lesbians and bored house wives who drink hot tea here.

Less noisy too. Fuck the microwave and its annoying beeps

this thread is quality bait. good on ya OP

yeah my microwave is so noisy i swear its gonna wake up the neighbor

not really

Is it weird that my house toasts bread in a pan?

We don't need kettles. We drink coffee, not tea like you poofs.

> 2017
> using imperial units
> squatting around a pot waiting for hot water

kek

Kettle is shit-tier.

Most Americans who are not dirt poor have god-tier hot water dispenser.

Yes, that is weird / retarded

Have a Zojirushi water heater here. Keeps water at boiling all the time, no need to wait. Good for making tea, coffee, noodles. Super convenient.

Most Americans are dumb dumbs

that tastes like shit because the water is heated too fast at too small a volume

kettle boiled water boils a large amount of water evenly and naturally because of convection currents

they've done studies and 59% of people can tell the difference in a double-blind taste test

> Keeps water at boiling all the time

that must taste like ass

That's dumb for sure

Then again I don't even own a microwave. Microwaves completely ruin food, there's a reason there is no legit microwave cookbook or recipes for food. Everything tastes better if you warm it up in a pan on the stove than if you microwave it.

It's under slight pressure so the water is not actively boiling, it just maintains temperature. Tastes great.

a lot of poorfags- myself included- just use a Keurig. you can "brew" hot water without actually having anything in it.

you poor creature, you're so adapted to it you don't know what water from a kettle tastes like

:(

RIP taste

The fuck are you talking about. Water doesn't taste any different depending on how it's heated. Literally retarded.

>water heated too fast

Good job.

Gas is a lot cheaper than electricity when it comes to boiling water.

Makes me feel special for having one