Hey Sup Forums, I started smoking cigars 2 weeks ago

hey Sup Forums, I started smoking cigars 2 weeks ago.
I don't feel dependant or something, but I take one regularly to calm myself down.

How much is too much??

Any, unless you have a desire for cancer of your tongue or mouth.

Idk, it is probably fine of you don't inhale them. When I smoked i always found cigars to be annoying. You either barely got any benifit unless you inhaled and then it was way to much at once.

Maybe if you do it every day for 30 years. Otherwise fuck off with your ghost stories.

OP here, I heard if you stop, even if you smoke regularly, your lungs will regenerate by themselves after some time.

Is this shit true?

Idk about everyone else but I smoked for about five years and quit 2 years ago. My lungs feel fine

Yeah they will for the most part. Unless you smoked so long that you did major damage or got some kind of disease like emphysema then you should be fine. People act like tobacco is just like meth or something and that if you so much as touch it you will get cancer.

Cigars aren't cigarettes.
>you don't inhale them
>you can't get addicted to them
>the nicotine levels are a lot lower
>they are smoked for the taste and scent.

How much do you value your health?

>you don't inhale them

I do?

>A single cigar contains as much as a whole pack of cigarettes

>I do inhale them, and not that much for the taste

Do you ask yourself that question when you are cramming pizza and Cheetos into your mouth?

>you can't get addicted to them
Unlike cigarettes, cigars don't contain additives and processes designed specificallty by tobacco corporation researchers to enhance their addictiveness (this garbage is also where much of the carcinogens live).
However, nicotine is still addictive and you can still form a mild dependency. It's a lot like caffeine.

>the nicotine levels are a lot lower
One cigar has about 20 cigarettes worth of nicotine.

You can but you don't need to. They contain so much tobacco that holding the smoke in your mouth for the taste is enough to get a nicotine buzz.
You should probably stop, that's gross and bad for your lungs.

Well you're smoking them wrong then. And if you buy them from a has station they aren't cigars

> I do inhale them
Be honest. You started something them to look cool didn't you?

You don't absorb the nicotine as much since you're supposed to keep it in your mouth.

> has station
A cigar is a roll of tobacco wrapped in tobacco leaves. The gas station cigars may be cheap but they are real cigars.

The elevated nicotine is because you're supposed to keep it in your mouth so barely anything is absorbed

Sad excuse for cigars.
> if the has station has it then it's wrong

A cigar is tobacco wrapped in more tobacco.

Americans fetishise this shit because they are retarded consumer robots. Cheap cigars are perfectly fine.
But watch out for anything manufactured by an American tobacco company. They put their cancer bullshit in everything even when they don't need to.

>tobacco wrapped in tobacco
snap nigga

Cigars are shitty anyway. Even the "good ones" aren't that great.

Cheap cigars taste and burn like shit. They're for stoners to make blunts.
> American has station only has American "cigars"

A lot are acquired taste but there are some damn good ones out there

>Cigars are not a safe alternative to cigarettes
they contain the same substances as cigarrites
and more fucking Nicotine.
but at least you dont inhale all the fucking smoke and cigars are made of pure tobacco so it have less shit than cigarettes (specially the ones with Flavors and retardant fucking paper)
so they are a little Safer but stills give you cancer nigga
>cigarettes make you look "cool" like a fucking normalfag
>cigars make you look like a fucking ganster

You are almost correct. There are cheap cigars that are decent. Then there are a lot that are total shit and aren't worth any price. Take it from someone who used to smoke 3 to 4 a day. I'd rather smoke 1 good $10 stick than 3 $2 sticks. Find a store that sells no label irregulars from known brands and you can get good cheap cigars.

> acquired taste
That just means you kept doing something you didn't like long enough that you eventually liked it.

When they say " cheap cigars" they mean gas station cigars not actual cigars.
>I strongly agree with this.

No, it means that everyone perceives tastes differently so some will like it and others won't

I bet you think fedoras make you look like a gangster too.

acquired taste

a thing that one has come to like only through experience

If you're smoking cigars to look cool
>please stop

no, i do it for the buzz. I started with only me and my friend

kek

Thanks for your answers yall

Shitty cigars meant for blunts are shitty, but that's not talking about all cheap cigars categorically.

Yeah

I used to smoke one or two a day and my brand was literally 20 cents each, full-sized. They were fine and compared favourably to the one Cuban I've ever tried.
This wasn't in America, obviously.

We'll know when we die op. The rest is guessing the weather.

yea nigga
artisanal ciggars suppose to be the fucking best
because are not made with "chemicals"
also from other countries specially from mexico to south america

In the US. every shirty cigar at a gas station is a shirty cigar

I'm loving these auto corrects

No that user was correct. An aquired taste is one which you must aquire. It takes something like 10 tastings of a new thing to aquire it, apparently.

I'm really not sure that applies to smoking though. Seems like that might operate under some different caveman rules.

>additives The fucking keyword

Okay.

When money was tight I resorted to Backwoods cigars for a while. That is as far down as I could justify before just quitting and getting a cheap pipe and some half decent pipe tobacco.

I'll give you that one. They still suck but they're the best of the worst.

what are you trying to say, user

> (You)
>I used to smoke one or two a day and my brand was literally 20 cents each, full-sized. They were fine and compared favourably to the one Cuban I've ever tried.
>This wasn't in America, obviously.

If you think American prices are bad, walk into a cigar shop in Canuckistan. Jesus that tax is boner killer. But, yeah, cigar prices shot up in the early 00's and have only gotten ridiculous.

not really
was a fucking joke mate
but if you enjoy the taste of a good cigar and a good wiskey just fucking do it for the pleasure not for be fucking edgy or cool (same for cigarittes and beer)

> but if you enjoy the taste of a good cigar and a good wiskey
Anybody who actually enjoys the taste of those things did them to be an edgy faggot at one point. I like to drink but it isn't for the taste.

additives and other chemmicals bro
like says
>shit that make you skome more and more
>shit to make the fucking cigarette last a little bit longer (liek Fucking retardant paper)
my grandpa smoke the same fucking cigarettes for idfk but they was a rustic brand made with ricepaper and non fucking filter
every day smokes half package
he lives healty 72 years without conflicts
unless cancer take him down

>ghost storys
have fun with cancer

u drink to get drunk i know and well me too but believe or not whyskey and other alcoholic drinks have their own taste and know to perceive and enjoy it dont make you edgy

I bought some cubans and smoke approx 1 every 2 months.

mouth cancer is a thing, bro

you couldn't be more wrong
google: "never-smokers + cancer"