How can I be a better person/less of an asshole?

How can I be a better person/less of an asshole?

My best friend just told me he's suddenly hesitant to the idea of me living with him because I have had moments where I say things which are rude and make his other guests uncomfortable. He said he has had multiple of his friends say they were upset by what I said and he was getting into tears as he expressed this to me.
This is semi normal behavior for me as I always have been provocative and it has been enhanced by my breaking up with my ex a few months ago.
My family members and another friend have expressed lesser yet similar thoughts.
Since being single I exercise constantly, both lifting and cardio, plus I have begun focusing on my career. I have my dream job up in the air in addition to other offers.
I use benzos so I don't feel emotions like I normally would because otherwise I would not function to the physical or mental performance I have achieved.

I care about my friends and family.

So guys, how can I be nicer and less of an asshole?

Nothing? Come on, some of you reject psych majors have to have an opinion on me somehow.. Need more info just ask!

You're just an asshole.
Nothing you can really do about it.
You will always be excluded.

Op here
You're wrong though. I'm included in everything and I dominate this mortal realm. I have more friends than you without a doubt. My net worth would make you shit your pants and I don't tell my friends about my money.

do you recognize you have a problem?

>
This is semi normal behavior for me as I always have been provocative and it has been enhanced by my breaking up with my ex a few months ago.

you don't sound very repentant

if you want to care about other people spend time watching them, understanding their perspective (even when they are retarded or hilariously wrong, just empathize with what they are feeling at the ego level and what is driving their behavior)

> the physical or mental performance I have achieved.

that's great, you achieved some stuff. If you want to be socially functioning put polishing your nob on the backseat and make other people and their existence a large part of your mind. You can still invest in yourself but its no longer a talking point or social focus point

fuck society
i'd say stay the way you are

don't change yourself to something youre not

the only time you should change yourself is when you want to

>Op here
>
>You're wrong though. I'm included in everything and I dominate this mortal realm. I have more friends than you without a doubt. My net worth would make you shit your pants and I don't tell my friends about my money.
If you truly want to be nicer and less of an asshole, don't be so condescending. Stop trying to prove you're better. Learn to swallow your pride, stop, and really consider what it is that makes you an asshole. Changing yourself isnt easy. If you truly want to change yourself, you need to make it a point to yourself and only yourself that you're going to.

Nope, you're just an obnoxious asshole.

Op here
Yes I recognize in some circumstances where i was wrong to say what I did. I asked my friend where the others occurred and he said he wanted to secure his friends anonymity. As if I would vendetta against them.. Other than two instances I couldn't think of what he was referring to in regards to his friends.
That's my gut reaction, but I love my friend and if it made him cry it clearly means something to him. I do generally feel like most people are stupid and worthless.

Op here
I want to.
That basically means talking less, but OK I'll do that.
And you're a worthless pussy.

find new friends who are assholes like you are

plus ur friend is a faggot for crying, what are you two gay or something?

You're a faceless user and I still think you're an asshole that should tell you something. Oh wait you run your mouth and cant listen to others thats why were here

LOL I don't know where to find asshole friends. Also no he's just been my best friend for a long time and he can see I've transformed into somewhat of a monster.

Doesn't know how much he's been excluded.

Op here
Yes I'll admit if they are fat, a woman, or use poor grammar I do stop listening.

> transformed into somewhat of a monster
Actually, monsters are cool, you're just a boring big-headed asshole

Just reading your replies you sound like that asshole that nobody admits is an asshole but everyone thinks it. You clearly believe you're superior to most if not every person around you, and who knows, you very well might be. But being supreme won't stop you from being an asshole, in fact it will just enable it.
Humble yourself, OP. If someone disagrees with you but they seem proud or convinced that they are right, maybe just let them have it instead of proving that once again chessmaster OP has checked his mate

Doesn't know anything.

Op here
Not boring, I've lived a more thrilling life than most, definitely you.

I've been humbled by my break up and my current circumstances,but I still find the minds of commoners/plebs to be as worthless as a farm animals.
I'll try harder to empathize, but part of why I've become such an asshole is that I see having empathy and compassion as my biggest mistakes I've made in my life.

monsters are coo
you're just a boring big-headed asshole
monsters are coo
monsters are coo
monsters are coo
monsters are coo
monsters are coo
monsters are coo
monsters are coo

And here you are on Sup Forums looking for someone to pet your ego because you're an asshole

No I wanted advice. Clearly you just want me to continue and be more ruthless. Humanity be dammed. I don't NEED my friends/fsmily to be happy with me, but it would be nice.
As far as the public is concerned, I'm deleterious to their well being at this point. Which is ironic because I originally sacrificed so much to help others. Oh well, I'm a product and a victim to perpetuate the sickness.

Just show your tits or GTFO like every other whiny bitch, and here is your victim card.

That sounds like an excuse not to try to me. You can never be humbled enough, and it sounds like the recent instance is your scapegoat for not changing for the better.
The best way to change is to monitor your behaviors, often asking yourself how you would react if you were just approached rudely the same way you may have just treated someone else.
If someone says something dumb and I tell them to fuck off, I will often look back at the conversation and think about the idea thing to have said that would leave both parties unscathed, then next time something similar happens I act on it using the past experience
I used to be an asshole too, OP, but I realized without being told that it was ruining my relationships and now I am more mindful of my actions and words

OP, however much money you've made and whatever you've accomplished in life, I can virtually guarantee you that I've made and accomplished more.

Does this upset you?

>If someone disagrees with you but they seem proud or convinced that they are right, maybe just let them have it instead of proving that once again chessmaster OP has checked his mate

Not even OP but great advice. I'll try to follow it.

People are fickle.

Op here
Take your own advice, worm.
Alright. I do try to monitor my behavior. I have my physical discipline down to a science, but I struggle to empathize with people I've not known for a long time. Also I've never really had anyone say asshole remarks to me irl since being an adult because my very nature is guarded and assertive. I'll do my best to observe how I make others feel and be more careful about what I say. The biggest struggle is my edgy sense of humor,i can't always know how everyone will react. Some people think certain jokes are hysterical and crack up while others get quietly offended.

You are taking emotion suppresing meds and ask me how to be empathic? Fuck off, dumbo.

Op here
Nah I think you're probably stupid and full of shit. Keep jerking yourself off though buddy
Ya they are. I wish everyone would be more emotionless like me.

Don't cry baby

Can't I have both?

You have Autism. It's very obvious to us, which is why we don't call you out on your sperg behavior because that's not polite. So we just keep letting you be the sperg nature intended you to be.

I don't cry ever. I laugh maniacally at disaster news. Probably not a good sign.

Nah I wish. Nice weak insults you worthless wretch. How is it being fat and poor?

whaaaaaaaaaaa fucking cry baby.

Read a book about meditation and the Buddhism practice

>How is it being fat and poor?

Great really, I don't have Autism.

I do float therapy every now and again,so that's my meditation. Religion is for idiots though.

"Being fat and poor is great" lol

What a cute little pig

Op here

Goodnight all

I'll take what I can from your advice.

Thanks for your input, I have never saught actual therapy because of the stigma associated with it.

Goodnight guys.

Unless you have majorly contributed to academia or done something truly great, there is nothing you can do to qualify yourself to me or to yourself for that matter as anything more than an idiot whi actually thinks his ego is justified.

Your IQ is at most 120. I can tell by the way you talk. Be humble or you will be alone. If you don't care proceed accordingly.

This entire thread has the advice you need but you respond with the very thing about yourself you need to change. Get over yourself, change, or don't expect your life to.

Buddhism isnt really a religion but more of a way of life, its more of what is then what should be. That is if you're looking for a more peaceful and spiritual path in life.

Guaging iq of someone who has been drinking on benzos, then you yourself write poorly.
you are as invalid as can be. Good night.

Peace, maybe. Spirituality, no. Save that shit for someone else.

maybe your friend doesnt like being shit on

If you were truly intelligent, you wouldn't come across as dumb as you do, even if under the influence. You also wouldn't be pointing to some vague idea of your superiority to others as being self evident, you'd have listed your accomplishments or said something actually insightful and interesting, because that is what egotistical intelligent people know to be the best way to assert their superiority. They know they have to prove it, and you don't. And you are obviously stupid because you don't know that. You're not worthy of that ego or your friend.

>I don't cry ever. I laugh maniacally at disaster news.

My ex-wife was like that.
She eventually hung herself.

>I use benzos so I don't feel emotions like I normally would

Empathy. If you lack it, you're either a sociopath and potential murderer or perceived as such. If you can't tell if you're hurting somebody by saying something because it's like breathing air to you, you're a fucking asshole. Period.