/éire/

bog butter ed

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-7syYdo2SEQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

/balt/

really makes u think

don't like you

That old eire thread is really interesting to read. Makes you think.

If it's the same lad, he has issues.

>it's here

apparently they have commieblocks in dublin
i thought all the poor people just lived in those ugly types of attached housing like the one my nana lives in

Makes me think what a change from normal

>Makes you think
About what?

ye might just go to bed need to be up early tomorrow anyway

Never realised it was the same lad who always did /balt/ posts on other threads as the first reply, thought it was just a /balt/ meme in general, or they liked doing it because they're somewhat [s4s] like if that makes any sense.

>mid july
>/eire/ organises meetup at the foot of ben nevis
>gaggle of skinny teenagers memeing at eachother
>frogweeb is talking utter shite about 20th century battleships
>his loyal coterie obsequiously lap up his dreary history lesson
>other anons collectively ignore the dryshite
>suddenly there is the noise of spurs clinking, step by step
>adventure user steps from the shadows into the light, eyes squiting in the piercing sun
>lights his fag
>twiddles it in his mouth the same way Clint does
>"So any of you boys ready to climb a mountain?"

youtube.com/watch?v=-7syYdo2SEQ

You've won this time, but you will never stop Europhilia.

Are there any carabus clathratus there though? That's the important thing.

and then i show up and batter the lot of yis

>being sexually aroused by the EU

You think bibliophiles fuck books?

I'm not ready for these feels

"ben nevis eh? 2 miles up and 2 miles down! last one into the pub buys the first round! HIGH HO SILVER!"

Yes. That's why the pages are sticky.

You are the /abhorrence/ you protest.

What do you guys think about darkness into light?
It's nice to believe in hope filled message and solidarity but does it actually help a depressed person in any way?

I should question what kind of libraries you've been visiting.

Meet me at the top of carrauntoohil tomorrow at noon yank

dont bring your crew, no fish hooking

I think it's just to raise awareness.

Can't say if it actually helps anyone. I'm sceptical myself.

Last time I was on the Iowa,she didn't have as many female curves

Maybe I like the dark

feelgood bullshit for people who have it all already

not particularly impressed

>does it actually help a depressed person in any way?
I wonder this too whenever there's these mental health awareness things. They always get the biggest normalfags like footballers and women to talk about how they felt a bit sad one time or their bf left them, with no one acknowledging people like us, the real losers.

You some kind of emo or something?

>Froggy bookfucking is abhorrent!
>From my point of view slagposters are abhorrent!
>Then you are lost!

Iowa is all about the curves.

Reeks of virtue signalling, but I feel like there might actually be a lot of genuine people there too.

Yes

It seemed like most there either lost someone to suicide or were a survivor/knew someone who attempted suicide. Which is very reactive awareness and maybe turned it more into commemoration and success stories rather than actually raising awareness at specific causes.
In the mind of a depressed suicidal person does knowing other people conquered it actually help? Would it not make them feel more worthless for their continued failure to do so?

Ok lads thats enough depressing shite. Lets do something together, something real and manly

>pic
First you get me to wank to pictures of anthropomorphised boats, now just boats.

What do you want us to do? How about we do some urbex.

>In the mind of a depressed suicidal person does knowing other people conquered it actually help? Would it not make them feel more worthless for their continued failure to do so?
I would think so.

But I presume it's intended to raise awareness around mental health and suicidal thoughts and to normalize seeking help before the fact.

How about we travel to Iceland and carve "/eire/" into the most westernly cliff face?

No cars allowed. We must march.

>tfw the Panama canal is 110ft wide and the Iowa class are 108ft wide
Tight.

Take me out tonight
Where there's music and there's people
Who are young and alive

Driving in your car
I never, never want to go home
Because I haven't got one anymore

Take me out tonight
Because I want to see people
And I want to see light

>I feel like there might actually be a lot of genuine people there too
A lot of the people there are family of people who killed themselves. I wouldn't feel right criticising them because a lot of them are probably still struggling to get over it. Then again the footage I saw on the news was mostly children, and one baby (who brings a baby out in the middle of the night for this?), jumping around with bright lights so I don't know.

>this post legitimately aroused me

It's an interesting one, the same people tend to be happy to label angry and irritated internet commenters as "basement dwellers", "trolls", "scum", "virgins" etc without any real interest to understand the source of their unhappiness.
Thinking of Ryan Tubridy as an example who frequently uses the most degrading terms to describe those making critical Twitter comments and yet is very vocal in his support of mental health issues.
I think to a degree giving meaningful support and help to those with mental health involves an ability to tolerate and look beyond some unsavory or erratic behaviour.

it raises money towards the issue so its good
but i feel like a lot of people that talk about depression and mental health haven't a clue and just trot out the same few things

People might kill themselves for reasons other than being a lonely virgin loser though.

There is not much of that in Ireland, though when I was a kid growing up in Dublin I used to hear about a medieval thief who had an underground lair in the smithfield area of Dublin. Apparently there are still underground areas not marked on any maps and I have not been able to find any discussion of it on the internet but I KNOW its there.

Maybe something on the island within a days drive max would be more achieveable

>I missed my chance to lick on one of Iowa's cannons
Regretting some decisions in my life desu
You could go full Clockword Orange on a farmer somewhere in the middle of nowhere?

be there or be quare, koosh-bwa

Parents who probably think they're instilling empathetic values on their children by involving them. They are, but I wonder how many understand supporting good principles and qualities are largely worthless compared to demonstrating them.

I doubt many of them care. Children that young just like going out like that as an excuse to stay up late and play outside. Any kids too old to play are the moody kind who'd rather stay at home.

>A lot of the people there are family of people who killed themselves
Exactly, hence why I would feel bad branding it as virtue signalling. But you can be sure there were plenty of people there just for the Facebook photos and such.

>each of the 9 16-inch guns on an Iowa-class battleship can fire a 860kg to 1,220kg shell to a maximum distance of 38km at a speed of nearly 900m/s

The thoughts occurred to me on occasion, "on the end of this peninsula it would take the cops 1 hour to get here".
Hey I'd be lying if I said I didnt think about it

if you don't live in the western hemisphere, you should kys tb h

>but i feel like a lot of people that talk about depression and mental health haven't a clue and just trot out the same few things
I think that as well. The type of things I've read on Sup Forums and even /eire/ relating to depression and suicide are to a degree of severity, detail and discomfort that I've never seen talked about in those accounts that are featured in the media.

You'd probably get shot before you can enter the property

>The type of things I've read on Sup Forums and even /eire/ relating to depression and suicide are to a degree of severity, detail and discomfort that I've never seen talked about in those accounts that are featured in the media.
That's why people talking about depression on talk shows and such is always incredibly cringeworthy, because it's this safe, diluted portrayal of the illness for public consumption. Most normalfags would not be prepared to accept, never mind understand, the reality of serious depression.

>There is not much of that in Ireland, though when I was a kid growing up in Dublin I used to hear about a medieval thief who had an underground lair in the smithfield area of Dublin. Apparently there are still underground areas not marked on any maps and I have not been able to find any discussion of it on the internet but I KNOW its there.
Yeah there's fuck all here, mainly because people here are fairly dispersed here more than other countries so many things don't become, and probably something to do with property rights too along with security at a lot of potential sites. There's a few tunnels in Dublin anyway, there's a few service tunnels along the Liffey, and maybe a few smaller ones too. Something was found in Broadstone a few years ago which isn't that far from Smithfield, we've nothing like the Odessa catacombs though. There's not much discussion on the internet with it either, as people generally don't tell anyone they're going except within a group who also go, there's a thread on /x/ about urbex but it's mostly American stuff.

>That's why people talking about depression on talk shows and such is always incredibly cringeworthy, because it's this safe, diluted portrayal of the illness for public consumption. Most normalfags would not be prepared to accept, never mind understand, the reality of serious depression.
It seems so. Glad I'm not alone in thinking that.

theres a reason so many young men kill themselves compared to women
women are rarely alone like us. If i opened my phonebook I'd have no friend I could text about any problems I have.
I have a few drinking buddies but thats it. I'm not depressed but I feel like i've been getting more and more melancholic these last few months.
People always say "its a permanent solution to a temporary problem". Is it really? Is there always light at the end of the tunnel? Sometimes I feel like there isn't

>Most normalfags would not be prepared to accept, never mind understand, the reality of serious depression.

I think this is a bit of a dismissive and unempathetic comment.

What makes normalfags different? Why can't they have never been seriously depressed?

>People always say "its a permanent solution to a temporary problem"
While I wouldn't dream of advocating suicide, whoever says that is incredibly naive and ignorant. If you genuinely have depression, it doesn't just go away - you just get better at managing it. If you're determined and lucky, you may be able to manage it to the point where it seems like it has gone away, but it will always be lurking under the surface threatening a relapse if you let your guard down.

Granted that's just my opinion based on my own experiences and what I've read about the illness.

>What makes normalfags different? Why can't they have never been seriously depressed?
It's widely considered that having a mental illness of some sort is a pre-requisite for being a non-normalfag. That said, I wouldn't take my use of the word in my previous post too seriously; I was only using it as a placeholder for people who have never experienced proper depression.

I was in the LÉ Aisling once.
It's the closest I've been to being with a woman.

You always have us, user.

Real talk though: it's time to toughen up. I used to feel the same way. Never had any proper friends, only social contact was through internet chat rooms and Sup Forums. But I learned to deal with it eventually.

Is it general lonliness or is something else altogether the source of your misery?

There isn't really. People here are being a bit maudlin. You can be a catastrophic, miserable loser without browing Sup Forums. In fact it's probably worse since internet boards like this serve as a kind of support group.

I tried to convert a video of me on top of a mountain in 60 mph winds but Sup Forums wont allow it even though its a webm, some bullshit about "audio streams"

>some bullshit about "audio streams"
Most boards don't allow webms with audio. Upload it to somewhere like pomf or mymixtape and post the link here if you need sound.

Only /gif/ and /wsg/ can play sound webms. Also make sure it's under 4MB.

You sound like you need help.

angrylad was right

state of this thread

Still angry that you're not Angrylad?

i am tough. In fact my outer shell is too tough. Even If my mam trys to talk to me about my feelings I barely even know what to say because i'm so unused to talking about them
I just feel hopelessness for the future. I'm stuck doing a course for a job that i'll hate but I need to finish it out. No gf or real friends so it'll be very hard for me to move out. I'll be living alone till my late 20s it seems. My parents even joke about it which makes me feel like a complete loser

Probably. But I have no intention of getting it.

But it's /realautismhours/ now. What do you expect?

This is what happens when you let the animepoofs have their way. I tried to warn you.

>women are rarely alone like us. If i opened my phonebook I'd have no friend I could text about any problems I have.
I have a few drinking buddies but thats it. I'm not depressed but I feel like i've been getting more and more melancholic these last few months.
That's the biggest reason anyway, isolation can fuck with you, particularly somewhere like here which attracts the "losers" in normal life who have little to no contacts with anyone, which is probably why people here are much worse, personally I haven't gone out with anyone all year and there's plenty more here who are even worse than that.
>People always say "its a permanent solution to a temporary problem". Is it really? Is there always light at the end of the tunnel? Sometimes I feel like there isn't
That's bullshit anyway, there's plenty of tools that can get you out of these situations, but you have to keep them up for good, as people who have depression normally have it pop up throughout their loves, although you can live a relatively normal life if you can use the right tools, similar enough to someone with type 1 diabetes who will never have a completely normal life as they'll have to keep taking insulin injections for good and can't eat whatever they like.
They added it to /r/ and /wsr/ a few months ago just to make people use them I think.
Think we all need it desu.
>But I have no intention of getting it.
From my experience that's the biggest barrier too, if you don't want to improve yourself which is very easy to think when in you're in that state you probably won't get better, you gen get a load of support but you have to make the main contribution to getting better.

Dont worry about it too much, this is actual life when you move into your mid-late 20's. You will be alone and have to have balls. Fuck your parents btw, different generation and practically mesolithic

All I can say to you is that I'm in the same boat and that I bet thousands of other young people are. That's life I guess.

That's a fairly defeatist analogy. Maybe everyone needs insulin injections and some are better at acquiring them than others

I believe the level of normalfaggotry is at what point they tell you this. If it's anything below you showing them your noose/pills/razors/gun then they're a normalfag.

>From my experience that's the biggest barrier too, if you don't want to improve yourself which is very easy to think when in you're in that state you probably won't get better
Very true. Then again, similar to how I hide my autism, nobody knows about my trouble with depression either.

I'm not sure I follow.

>not depressed

>But I have no intention of getting it.
I disagree with your assertion that it doesn't go away. It's a mental state like any other and depression is a natural occurrence in life for everyone.

Just because you're depressed once doesn't mean if it returns it's the "same" depression, or if it is a persistent mental state then it hasn't been resolved yet.

So that said, I've no idea why you don't want to get help, that's your prerogative, but it's illogical to express an unwillingness to get help and an assertion that it can't be helped unless in your o any case there is a specific and interminable reason, in which case I'd advocate suicide (not suggesting it to you, just in general).

this sites wont let me compress it down below 4mb, oh well

depression isn't real

I have free will

fuck the jews

If they say you need help when you tell them a dark joke, they're a normalfag.
If they say you need help when you tell them you're depressed, they're a normalfag.
If they say you need help when you tell them you think about killing yourself, they're a normalfag.
Only when you actually give them an actual reason to be concerned, like suicide implements, then they can suggest getting help without being a normalfag.

Ask /wsg/ they have guides on this I think.

bitches you were calling me a "normie" earlier even though I've had depression since before you were born most likely.
Life is what you make it, if you are so pissed off then go out on a random adventure and fuck the consequences since you want to die anyway.
Thats always how I found my love of life, and the realization that life is worth living so you can see more of this.
If you are stuck in a rut, you need to get the fuck out of it.

I was walking my dog through a field at dusk half an hour ago and at one point before I realized what was happening he grabbed a baby rabbit out of the brush and broke its back with his jaws ;_;

I had to put it out of its misery. Sometimes it's easy to forget how cruel the nature of our existence really is.

>depression is a natural occurrence in life for everyone.
There's a difference between "I feel depressed" and full-on, medically diagnosed depression.

>So that said, I've no idea why you don't want to get help, that's your prerogative, but it's illogical to express an unwillingness to get help
I've no idea either, but if I had to guess I'd say it stems from intense self-loathing that has convinced me that I don't deserve to be happy. Also a serious lack of motivation to do anything that might be difficult.

Thats nothing, I met some yank tourists earleir and slipped their bodies into the foam just because I could. Guess the Norweigan police have a real whodunit on their hands :)

shouldve brought the rabbit home to cook with. rabbit meat's pretty delish

?

>That's a fairly defeatist analogy. Maybe everyone needs insulin injections and some are better at acquiring them than others
In what way? I thought I was being pretty positive with that honestly, although I probably came off as defeatist, I tried to mean that you can get back on track but you have to keep a tab on it. You're right about some people are better at adapting though. I might be misinterpreting your comment though.
>Then again, similar to how I hide my autism, nobody knows about my trouble with depression either.
Honestly at this stage from what you've posted here it seems like you don't have anyone to really hide it from anyway. Even then as the main barrier is yourself if you have the will to get better you might possibly be able to do something, even something like forcing yourself to go to bed earlier and get a regular sleeping pattern is something.

>how I hide my autism
Stop appropriating my condition. You only call yourself autistic because you like anime, which nobody knows about, and you're not very social. You still had friends, that you lived with I might add, you can still handle working, you can still deal with the pressures of living away from home, in another country, you can still go shopping and overall live a completely independent life.
Don't use a condition you have no diagnosis in to excuse what you do or how you act.

I like rabbit stew as much as the next fellow and have gone hunting on a few occasions but it still irks me to see baby animals get mauled to death.

>medically diagnosed depression.
>neuroscientists attempting to rob me of my rational autonomy

OUT

Dont be styling in your trendy depression and expect the world to give a fuck

Free will is a spook and consciousness is just a bag of tricks

I said I'm not depressed you /strange/ child.

you sound pretty traumatized

Then why are you posting anime avatars onto Sup Forums at 2am on a saturday night?

>Honestly at this stage from what you've posted here it seems like you don't have anyone to really hide it from anyway
True. Just my parents really.

Autism and "Autism" are two different things. I'm perfectly aware of the distinction between the two (as are most people here) and it is not my intention to appropriate anything.

Also, I don't use my autism as an excuse for anything. I blame myself for every bad decision I make because I know that I should be capable of making better ones.