To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humor is extremely subtle...

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily fromNarodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick and Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existencial catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools... how I pity them. And yes by the way, I DO have a Rick and Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

I've seen this pasta a lot and it makes me wonder if it's real. Obviously it is but I would rather not accept that reality.

You probably give weak faggot handshakes in real life.

Fuck off with this bullshit.

name one joke in R&M that requires anything more than a vivid imagination of how things might be if there are infinite timelines where anything that could have possibly happened has happened in some timeline and an ability of one man to travel to any of them which frankly a child can understand.

I think you're overestimating the cognition of the average person there bud

To further point out, OPs post is still a hyperbole but there definitely are idiots out there that don't get rick and morty.

what's really funny is that R&M fans think they're somehow smarter for having seen it, not even thinking that the show made them smarter but rather something smarter about them made them choose it, or something equally insane, when the cold hard reality of it is that the only way it makes you smarter is by expanding your mind to how uncreative you are that you literally need someone else to think up neat and creative things for you and you're so hopelessly dependent on this for validation of your self worth that when someone does a particularly good job at satiating your infinite desire to do nothing with your life you worship it and claim that only a genius could appreciate it. SAD!

that said, I like R&M, mostly. it's a good television show that I sometimes enjoy.

it's explained perfectly well to Morty by Rick himself during the show, how there's multiple timelines and how it all works. it's extremely simple stuff. even a country hick retard can follow wtf is going on.

the real problem is R&M fans ricksplaining how anyone who doesn't like it doesn't "get" it when there's no basis for that at all. people can get it, but still not like it. this threatens your worldview and makes you anxious. kill yourself immediately.

But what about the niggers

Nah, kungfu grip from many hours of training beating my meat

Nah the people I'm referring to just don't get it straight up. As in, don't understand the jokes, don't get the humor, etc.

I'm not talking about people understanding it and formulating their own opinion, which is perfectly fine.

I mean the jokes go right over their heads.

Does that make sense?

>UGH... YOU JUST DON'T GET IT.
I forced myself to watch all of season 1.
There's NOTHING to get.
You don't have to think hard to get the jokes.
It's such an incredibly try-hard show with a retarded fanbase that can't accept when people dislike something.

I bet you're such a fickle fuck that if EVERYONE did like it, you'd say you don't just to be different.

they understand anything only in the context of how it can increase their chances of successfully stealing things so they instantly understand the opportunities of a travelable infinite multiverse

I suppose, but I've just never seen it happen. some people are fucking morons but that's not the same as having to be a super genius to appreciate it or even get it

this guy gets it

the real important question here is, why am I arguing about Rick and Morty on an anonymous imageboard at 2 in the morning?

Tell us what made u laught, so we can all agreed if u are a trash or not ;)

ricanmorti

I love the show but the fanbase makes me ashamed to admit it.

I never said you have to be a super genius to get it, at the same time I wouldn't classify it as humor that everyone can get.

I imagine everyone on this board more or less at least understands the jokes, albiet they don't have to like it.

But there are definitely more people out there than you think that don't get it because of sheer stupidity

Geez guy relax

If you don't like it, fine. No one is calling you an idiot.

There are plenty of people who get the jokes and don't like it.

There are also people who don't get the jokes and that's why they don't like it.

Relevant to pretty much anything. Almost every fanbase is just a bunch of children passing around memes and scribbling their own words onto it each time. There's nothing interesting or original, they're just... like, all the worst parts of anything social media. They're the people who bought the game, played two hours and then watched Pewdiepie play it. They're the people who saw the first episode three times and never bothered to try watching the second. They watched one season of nine, looked up all the spoilers and now they're a veteran.

They're the kind of people who own funko pop heads unironically. Who think this is like, 'gamer swag' that somehow verifies them as a gamer. You know the types?

Like shit nigga at least this isn't the Homestuck fanbase, or Dr. Who, or Undertale, or one of those fucking cute girl animes. Or shonen anime.

-okay.