Any club goers here...

Any club goers here? I always think I just hate clubbing from an insecure point of view and stuff but I think it's more just the general music. All the clubs in my area play really basic house, EDM or screamo shit

I feel if there was a club that played good dance music i'd go more often. Anyone else feel like this?

Other urls found in this thread:

residentadvisor.net/features/1457
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You go to club to dance you retard

If you want good music you go to venues

>dance music
>bad

>rock, rap, pop, jazz
>not dance music

No problem here, Fabric is about 45 mins from my flat.

How can you dance to music if you don't enjoy it?

Lucky

Dumbass

Basic house should be good enough, they don't even play dance music in clubs here they just youtube2mp3 the top 40 hits here

Only clubs in the UK hav good music

and Germany

>jazz
>dance music
Yeah, maybe in the 20s and 30s with big band/swing/vaudeville/etc. You can't say that of ALL jazz, especially considering its turn towards avant-garde and acid jazz (jazz where the players drop acid before playing)

its turn in the 60s**

Maybe basic isn't the word i'm looking for. I wouldn't mind if they played some Chicago stuff, but the club, the ONLY club in my area that plays house music plays 'gangster' house which is just so fucking terrible

dancing is literally ''moving rhythmically to the music'' so if you can move to the music, its dance music

I'm very jealous. I moved to Chicago hoping the electronic scene would be really good, and in pockets it is, but it's not as good as I expected. Of course, I haven't experienced it that long. But ideally I'd like to move to London or another European city where there are venues like Fabric and some sort of artistic integrity within the scene.

The few DJs I know really only ever go to play NYC

You're about 30 years late mate

If it ain't got swing, it ain't jazz

I listen almost exclusively to dance music but don't like the culture behind it so I've never been to a club. I was tempted to go once when Krome & Time were playing near me but I coudn't get out of work for it and I don't give a shit anymore so I wouldn't go to event slike Bangface (if that still exists).

Also I don't know a single person IRL who likes the same stuff I do and I wouldn't think I'd get along with anyone I meet at a rave so again, no incentive to go.

To Chicago, yeah. There are other cities with thriving scenes, however.

This might be useful

residentadvisor.net/features/1457

I go to clubs to get drunk and act retarded tard

That and your mum won't let you ninj, lls

>pardners
Yeehaw!

>acid jazz (jazz where the players drop acid before playing)

Thanks, that seems like it's a good read. I've been to a few places in that article.

They couldn't give a fuck no more after I started work.

Shit man I found out that Bangface was in Southport this year and I worked just down the road from there when it was one. Should have gone just to see DJ Sharpnel desu. But then don't want to engage in dance music degeneracy, it's a hard one.

Bossa Nova?

Good thing really, more white parents should be as strict instead of letting kids drop out of school after their GCSEs and fuck off to Magaluf for the summers and end up on Jeremy Kyle.

I agree but I don't think that will ever happen.

>tfw finally live in a city that has a great metal bar played at a volume that still allows for conversations to take place so I never have to step foot in another shitty club again

>metal
ewww

ok they list themselves on their website as a metal bar but let me rephrase that

>finally found a great metal/grunge/industrial/dadrock bar [...]

Also I posted the wrong pepe bc drunk