Can we get a mental help thread going?

Can we get a mental help thread going?

Share your problem or help others solve theirs

Lets try to remove some of that negativity

I only feel good(ish) when I'm drunk or drinking, but it's slowly killing me.

4 years have past where all I do is go to work, come home and basically space out. I eat, maybe watch something, read something, play something, but I'm never present and enjoying it. Just killing time.

I'm only happy when I'm asleep. Not sad per say, but I feel nothing. Can't make friends or get laid anymore, because a lack of desire to pursue it.

Got my degree and haven't tried to start my career, just doing my same job still because of no motivation. I've tried getting out of my comfort zone, only to find it to be a headache and not enjoyable like it was in the past.

Something broke. My head is empty

Why? do you feel that you focus on negativity or more that you lack something that feels meningful?

lack something that feels meaningful. Not the alcoholic btw, empty head guy

Do you think you need a change of environment? If you used to enjoy your job try to find out why, for example if you where say a marketer and used to enjoy the socializing aspect of the job try finding more of that in your everyday job

If not, you can try to just pick something you want to do, and break it down into small goals, for example if you want to get better at socializing, find out specificly what part of socializing, for example small talk, say i will talk to at least 2 people today, and sort of build onto that, just doing small things in the direction you want to go towards can and will help

>g you want to do, and break it down into small goals, for example if you want to get better at socializing, find out specificly what part of socializing, for example small talk, say i will talk to at least 2 people today, and sort of build onto that, just doing small things in the direction you want to go towards can and will help
Also, it will take a while for it to get going, its kind of a snowball effect

I'm in a failing marriage where I know it's the right thing to do; but I just can't seem to go through with it and it's tearing me apart.

Way to pass time, I guess.

Might as well make it fun.

There are no more barriers to cross. All I have in common with the uncontrollable and the insane, the vicious and the evil, all the mayhem I have caused and my utter indifference toward it I have now surpassed. My pain is constant and sharp, and I do not hope for a better world for anyone. In fact, I want my pain to be inflicted on others. I want no one to escape. But even after admitting this, there is no catharsis; my punishment continues to elude me, and I gain no deeper knowledge of myself. No new knowledge can be extracted from my telling. This confession has meant nothing.

How do I get rid of sexual fetishes?

Why do you need to get rid of it?

change of environment sounds good. I'd love to break this cycle but I feel like it'd require me to quit my job and change where I live. I've already ghosted all my friends and rejected all females who wanted dick.

Hate my job, but I hate work in general if it's not for me. Don't care about money either tbh, just want to be comfy and free.

My main issue isn't getting to a point, it's finding the reason to care in the first place. For example, started working out. Did it for 3 months, got in great shape. Initial motivation was health, sex, and appearance related. Now that I lost desire to impress people, I barely work out. It's only when I think I'm getting unhealthy.

do you feel you lack excitement when youre not drinking?

Not OP, you sound like a nihilist man. Been down that road already. Still somewhat agree but I'm grounded and present enough to know that mind can be shifted and consciousness can change,

You're stuck in the void consciousness with the archons. Good luck nigger if you ever get out.

This thread is a nice break from the usual shit posting. Good job OP.

Actually in a similar place to the empty head dude atm. Have never been particularly good at anything that doesn't interest me, and am finding work becoming increasingly tedious. Only enjoyment I derive out of it is when it's tied to something I like. Trying to continuously develop those skills, but am not getting anywhere career wise. That further feeds my indifference and reduces my will to keep trying.

I have no motivation. How do I fix this? I can't convince myself to do anything, even things I enjoy like programming or gaming

when you say you hate work if its not for you do you mean you dont like working for a company instead of being self employed?

Also, as you probably know healthy body = healthy mind, so one benefit of exercise is that sweed endorphine release

Just putting this here inbetween replying to posts
shit man theres lots of ppl pooling in
I will try to answer all in order
Sincerely OP

What is it you like? I feel like i can give you a better answer if i know

Do you like Huey Lewis and The News?

Well yeah, I started working out to quit drinking, quit drugs, get laid, build confidence, etc. It worked for a while but even that got boring. I get bored alot. Nothing drives me for very long.

I suppose I don't like working for a company, makes me feel inferior in a sense. They control me. At the same time though, it makes life stress free. I do my little tedious dance and gtfo. No worries beyond that. I can slack and have dependable income. If I worked for myself, I'd fear my current state of mind would return then I'd be stuck with forcing motivation on myself. Not that I can envision having my own company cuz I'm a poorfag.

I mean OP, I stay fit I'm just not doing daily cardio, lifting much anymore, and my diet is on and off. It's not like I'm drinking 12 beers a day, never working out, and eating processed food 24/7.

Kind of the thing i told empty head bro as the second option, try to set a main goal and do it in a step by step manner, the reason i give this advice is mainly because its a good way to start motivating yourself slowly to do more things, also when you have small goals that are easier to achive, you will clear off more goals more frequently, meaning that you will grow a sense of acomplishment which can help grow your confidence and general motivation

no clue wtf those are. For context I listen to Insane Clown Posse and listen to Alex Jones.

In '87, Huey released this, Fore, their most accomplished album. I think their undisputed masterpiece is "Hip to be Square", a song so catchy, most people probably don't listen to the lyrics. But they should, because it's not just about the pleasures of conformity, and the importance of trends, it's also a personal statement about the band itself.

Degree is in design. Currently doing analytical research. Occasionally get asked to put together branding docs or info graphics which is where the enjoyment is.

Having fetishes makes me feel weird. Know the feeling of having a quick wank to something disgusting and feeling sort of bad afterwards? I don't want that.

Test

Thanks man i'll try that. Op is not a faggot for once.

>Hip to be Square

Sounds dope. Dig the lyrics and music. Do you have a point though? Or are you just sharing songs you like lol

I live in the American Gardens Building on W. 81st Street on the 11th floor. My name is Patrick Bateman. I'm 27 years old. I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine. In the morning if my face is a little puffy I'll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

Okay but why?

It was funny, now it's not. (Plus I'm running out of quotes)

It's all from American Psycho.

That's a good movie.

You're boring btw. be original

I have no concern for the world. I just sit around and let time pass me by without doing anything. I don't care about attachments or relationships, family is basically dead to me. No desire to hang out with the few friends I have. Think about killing people a lot,only thing stopping me is prison or death by cops. Only time I kinda feel fine is when I smoke the devils lettuce

You have anxiety. You need to dedicate yourself to fixing the thing you're anxious about. You don't want to because it's hard work but if you don't like hard work you should have no problem with the fact you're killing yourself.

Take a risk. A big risk.

You're waiting because you're weak and selfish. If it helps you're also hurting the other person. There is nothing evil about not being able to do something. You're avoiding a short term pain that will bring long term health.

Ever heard of drugs?

You don't. But you can raise your threshold via avoidance

Don't be upset at a simple answer, you need a hobby. Something that can't be done by following the instructions and where you only get proper results by practice and talent. Get something you can brag about. Don't actually brag...just you could if you wanted.

Like chemistry. You can't just decide to be talented at it. It doesn't come in a starter box.

If you honestly can't come up with a single reason you should feel like this make a doctor's appointment.

Man you guys got problems

empty head guy here. Yeah this guy isn't far off from how I feel most of the time lol

although weed sucks, it's only good for like 30 minutes then I just feel groggy and shitty

>onally get asked to put together branding docs or info graphics which is where the enjoyment is.
>>>
What you might need is more marketing for yourself, since your enjoyment comes from doing brands and infos people need to know who you are, and you can also try to find clients in need, cause they might suggest you to others and create a riptide effect, cause i will say that you are good enough to get the job done, but you need a job to do
Do you think something like this might work?

Take a big risk huh? Like what? Trying to fuck my boss? Murder? Quitting my job and moving to another state? Murder?

Thats why i made this post, Ive put myself togehter and I know its hard as fuck but venting/admitting your problems to yourself was a great start for me, also i had people close to me who i could talk to, and since not everyone is so lucky to have that, i did this so everyone here could at the very least vent a little

I think the problem here is shame, but if you accept that you have theese fetishes you can reduce the guilt you feel, otherwise like said, just avoid to raise threshold

Test to you too

Man. You're fucking hilarious, no sarcasm. Something like moving somewhere you don't quite have enough money to survive comfortably.

Choosing a career that will throw you sideways like trucking, or the military for something stupid...like a cook.

Basically toss yourself somewhere that you won't really give a shit about the passage of time for the next two years.

You won't die, you'll be fine.

Guess I'm not a risk taker. You're right though. The challenge sounds like a breath of fresh air. Or you know, I can keep my insurance, steady income, and continue with my 10 year plan without fucking it up.

Can't I just find a simpler way to feel better?

Theres this chick whos 14 yo and I wanna smash so hard. Help me get rid of this feeling.

The unfortunate problem is I'm not a real psychiatrist. I'm breaking rule one and telling you exactly what your problem is instead of letting you discover it yourself.

Which allows your lazy human self to think around and over your own issue.

Subconsciously you are dissatisfied with your stagnation. No there's no quick way to fix it but it sounds like you can afford drugs if you're one of those "fine I just have to make it to death" types.

(No offense all of us are inherently lazy).

Masterbate furiously

Pretty much. I had goals and dreams in the past but those died along with the people I shared them with.

I want to have my own dreams, but I just can't seem to find one. So yeah, just trying to make my life comfy until death.

Which isn't really living in my book

Lack of meanign probably? Try to get your interest together and find something you feel is somewhat meaningfull, if nothing else, try to just find an interest and pursue it

I completely lose all my concentration and get very disorientated and away from this reality almost every day for many hours what do
its serious request please help

>tfw the world turns

I try to but I lose interest in just about everything. I have no motivation to pursue anything either.

Find hot grannys

What lifestyle do you have that allows you to acceptably do this?

Take N-Acetyl Cysteine before and during drinking. No liver damage senpai. Once and a while take Milk Thistle to detox your liver.

Why get rid of sexual fetishes?? Do you risk legal problems? Moral conflict? Please detail.

Nice quads.

Thus helps, thanks. Any solutions you might have for a general dislike of dealing with people?

19 yo in school, dont do any sports and i do have a gf and nice fam.

had a year of nothing before this school so i could live with it but its now ruining my school because i literally cant concentrate or take up any information

any adv?

Dont take this in the wrong way, but ADHD?

Additionally only drink clear liquors that you have personally filtered through activated charcoal.

If you really can't stop drinking, at least do it safer.

no ive never had any trouble with this untill i turned 18

If you're unable to function see a doctor buddy. This other post is possible but it could really be a hundred different things that in your diseased state you are unable to readily describe to your fellows. See a doctor. Serious reply.

actually got an appointment next week thanks dude

A good starting point could be getting generally more comfortable arouund people.
it can be an attitude problem but being able to cope with difficult people is a great skill if youre willing to develop it

psycho the rapist

maybe you need that bearing over your head so you feel purposeful. somepeople cant do the lazy lifestyle

schizophrenic?

I've got a crippling anxiety that goes hand in hand with depression.
Used to selfmedicate with drugs for years but are clean now.
Isolate myself cause social anxiety is getting worse and worse.
Not interest in anything anymore, everyting is grey.
Always om a train og thought so its impossible to enjoy the presence.
Feel like some change must be done soon or Ill end up om a drug binge thats gonna be the end.

>The unfortunate problem is I'm not a real psychiatrist. I'm breaking rule one and telling you exactly what your problem is instead of letting you discover it yourself.

I think "rule number one", which is true, is good for psychs, to keep the client for a long time, but not for the client. I want the answer. If it's right or wrong, we can debate. But spare me 10 years of "so how are you, and how was your childhood?".

I alternate between feeling like a genius and feeling like a complete retard.

I have bad luck like you wouldn't fucking believe which has led to a severe case of learned helplessness.

I have crippling depression, loneliness and OCD. I have pretty much expected ever since I was young I would end up committing suicide.

I also deal with a lot of sexual guilt from when I was a teenager and I think that there is a demon living inside of me making my life miserable.

>we can debate, because I'm not biased about my own feelings

It's good for the patient too, they just won't admit it. And if some snake oil salesmen use that fact to their advantage, what else is new?

Do you know why you are depressed? is it just a general feeling of helplessness or lack of motivation or lack of purpouse?
As for the bad luck part, does it stem from actual bad luck or poor desicions?