Reminder hip-hop was born 44 years ago

Reminder hip-hop was born 44 years ago.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QnJFhuOWgXg
youtube.com/watch?v=azT1gq1CgwQ
youtu.be/gU4w12oDjn8?t=96
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

*the breakbeat

And it wasn't put to good use until 1989 in the UK for breakbeat hardcore.

>Google

inb4 Sup Forums

>(((hip-hop)))

The three most sampled breaks I can think of are all older than that.

>it wasn't put to good use

Too late

Reminder that music died 44 years ago

>44 years ago
>1973

Gil Scott Heron's The Revolution Will Not Be Televised was released in 1970.
youtube.com/watch?v=QnJFhuOWgXg

rip music 1910-1973

Mistakes were made

That's spoken word, not hip hop. Rapping is a rhythmic technique, not just speaking over a backing track.

hip hop was made in 1968

youtube.com/watch?v=azT1gq1CgwQ

>The Revolution Will Not Be Televised
It may have been an important precursor to what hip hop musicians did later but it's not hip hop in any sense.

That entire album is one big fucking gem

Hip hop is not just rapping

>no breaks
Not hip hop

I'm disputing the part of the post saying breakbeats were invented 44 years ago. Also I'd argue it took until 93/94 until people started doing really inventive stuff with breakbeats but whatever.

Sure the original drum beat that was used for the breaks was earlier but it wasn't until Herc and Bam did the "merry-go-round" that the break was born.

Whats next the BLACKED holiday day?

>tfw you find out that hip hop was invented by an italian guy
youtu.be/gU4w12oDjn8?t=96

hopefully it will lose its relevance in the next five years and will become a genre that exists purely for nostalgiafags, like italo disco for example

How was that hip hop?

>next 5 years
You know it's gained a lot more steam over the years right? If you would have said that in 2009 or 2010 when it was actually dying I'd believe you but now it's the most popular mainstream genre.

I was obviously joking, but it's still kinda impressive for a song released in 1972 by an italian middle aged dude. His semi-spoken singing style is not that different from rapping and the beats are funky af.

i wouldn't trust the trend. remember when all that twee indie crap was popular in 2009? it's dead now