Wtf is wrong with rym ?

wtf is wrong with rym ?

MBDTF should be higher, GKMC and Hunky Dory shouldn't be even in the top 500

It's full of people worried more about image than the music itself

nothing wrong with this, rockist

what's the matter

/thread

RYM's algorithm favors Hip Hop more, that's why Hunkie Dory is rated lower than GKMC and MBDTF despite having both a higher rating and more ratings (slightly less ratings than MBDTF, but under normal circumstances would still be higher).

this desu.

i know this is b8 but for the fuckwits who might take this seriously...no this is not how the algorithm works

Then how does it work faggot?

Except for the shit hip hop '''''''music''''''' being there of course, faggot

RYM's algorithm favors new releases, not Hip Hop

I wish there were a way to sort by the average and the number of votes (like 5 - 10 thousand).

older ratings from inactive accounts are weighted less, since GKMC and MBDTF were released relatively recently, most of the rater are still active. This is how Loveless is ahead of Abbey Road despite Abbey Road having higher and more ratings. You would know this if you weren't a complete fucking newfag

Actually RYM did tweak it's algorithm recently to not weigh new users votes on hip hop as heavily when ranking because they thought new users were specifically messing with results to lower hip hop scores. After they did that a lot of hip hop scores shot up quite a few percentiles. It's possible they did something else to make hip hop stuff worth more as well, but that's just silly speculation.

RYM is nothing but a bunch of cuck hipsters trying to pander to the nigger community so their wives could get fucked. Although Bowie was always a hack, he's not as much of a hack as Kanye "Bleached Asshole" West and Kendrick "WE WUZ KANGS" Lamar.

go back to youtube tripfag

oh look, this fucking faggot is back
when are you going to kill yourself?

Ok, I was wrong. Avant isn't the worst trip here. It's easily this guy.

samefag

>waaah stop telling a retarded tripfag to fuck off
t. TruthRevolt

nah bowie is more of a hack than either of them hahahahahha

>t. TruthRevolt

we get it user you love nigger dick it's alright

kill yourself, tripcuck

>not realising the greatest 100 albums are all recordings of Matthäus-Passion
>accusing others of being rockist
pop/rock music has no place in the top 10000 albums

>TruthRevolt posts racist things like this no problem
>I post anything left wing and get my posts deleted
Mods are literal Nazis
watch this post get deleted

Bowie is a respectable enough artist, but he shouldn't have 7 albums in the top 40 like all his fans seem to think he should.

RYM users overrate rap and metal

and rock and pop

two simple black dudes put some music in the 2010s and almost 20k that white dude put his music in 1971and only have 15000 ratings LOL
Why white people are so bad at art

> overrate rap and metal

You mean hip-hop and rock? And you're wrong.

There are 10 metal albums in the top 40 of last year.

Yes, I checked and you're right, I was talking about the overall chart.

Why do you post that instead of their top picks for the 2010s

Pretty much