Afghanistan in the '60s. What even happened over those years? There seemed to be so much freedom...

Afghanistan in the '60s. What even happened over those years? There seemed to be so much freedom, it really breaks my heart.

r*ssians and am*ricans

r*ssians and am*ricans

That was the exceptional and rich part. See the rest of the nation. REAL Afghanistan.

Regardless of those 70s-era pictures of girls in Kabul and Tehran in miniskirts, that didn't exist much outside the capital city and the countryside of Afghanistan was still in the Middle Ages. After all, how secular and developed can a nation be if it gets taken over so easily by radical Islam.

this

This was a bubble in Kabul, the country was already a shithole

T. Goyim supreme --Hans "1/90th German blood, still paying Jewish reparations" mcburger

It could have spread burger, if we hand played handpuppets with slavs

Leftards and Putinbots will give out the standard line that the Soviet Union brought secularization and progress to the Middle East while the US supported radical Isla...oh wait, how do you explain the Shah, a loyal US ally who got overthrown by radical Islam.

Islamist terrorism was also built on the legacy of Marxist-aligned terror groups like the IRA, PLO, and Red Brigades, all paid for and armed by the KGB.

The US did fund the Mujahadeen, no?

WTF I hate America and Russia now

>how do you explain the Shah, a loyal US ally who got overthrown by radical Islam.
maybe that could have been prevented if the usa and britain hadn't overthrown the democratic government of iran and replaced it with a hated monarchy.

We shit in Walmarts Juan, what good could come of us

I've never denied that, it was akin to allying with Stalin to take out Hitler aka jumping from the frying pan into the fire. Even so, Islamic terrorists learned their craft from leftist terror groups in the 60s-70s, and the regime in Afghanistan in the 70s was a secular, but neutral one that Brezhnev decided to take out in a fit of fury because Sardar Khan wouldn't suck his dick.

You have to go back, Ardashir.

Not an argument

Cold War

Russia tried to control it and the 'Muricans thought they needed (((democracy)))

In regards to Mossadeq, his hold on power was tenuous and without US and British intervention, he would have been overthrown by the Iranian army shortly. The real concern in Iran at that time was preventing a Soviet takeover because they'd been meddling there at the end of WWII and were seeking a warm water port on the Persian Gulf. Russian interest in Iran goes back almost to the time of Peter the Great. Most Iranians actually hate Russia pretty hard for beating them in wars several times and stealing clay.

Name 1 country in Asia, Africa, the Middle-East, or Eastern Europe that was developed during the 60's and 70's.

Even Japan was shit at that time

It was another repeat of the Americans destabilising a region episode

Lebanon

Some things never change habibi (me on right)

>Even Japan was shit at that time

>Japan
>60s-70s
>shit

Excellent meme

it's true

the country collapsed in 75, but before that it was developed.

Terrorism mostly has its roots in Maoist ideas of people's war, and also to an extent the ideas of 19th century anarchist Johannes Most, who advocated "mass slaughter in public places".

It's the same as Iran and Afghanistan. Developed in the capital and shit poverty standards else where.

Or for that matter, Russia.

the literacy rate for people 65+ in Lebanon is 69.7%

Developed my ass

Lebanons current literacy rate is 99%

80's was Japan's prime time.

Afghanistan is a totally backwards, impoverished shithole and such an environment inevitably breeds extreme religious beliefs.

The girl on this famous NG cover was 11 at the time. After the US invasion of Afghanistan, she was tracked down and interviewed. Then in her late 20s, she was married and had two children, having had an arranged marriage in her teens. She was illiterate and appeared to have no particular discontent with her life (inevitable when you've never known anything beyond a Stone Age way of life) and expressed her distrust of foreign influence on Pashtun society.

Basically, the summation of this is that the people there are caveman-tier, they have no particular desire to join the civilized world, and seem to enjoy their primitive way of life. The rest of us wouldn't necessarily care if they didn't also decide to export this paradise to the rest of the world.

>inevitable when you've never known anything beyond a Stone Age way of life

Not stone age though.

The Afghan people are extremely independent. I think when they were confronted with western values and americanization they rejected it. Also, there were great differences between the various tribes in the region, and that contributed to the extremism you see today.

It's a really beautiful country - stained by centuries of warfare and tradition.

>he rest of us wouldn't necessarily care if they didn't also decide to export this paradise to the rest of the world.

you mean saudi arabia

Why must every country in the world be Western, Capitalist, Democratic, Amercanized? Why?

ummm....americans are NEVER wrong sweetie xx

>The Afghan people are extremely independent. I think when they were confronted with western values and americanization they rejected it.
That's pretty retarded independence tho

Lovely, it's the Canadian Iranian diaspora and he found a German proxy to samefag talk to himself.

I actually met an Afghan man at my gym today, been in my country for 11 years, almost no accent and extremely educated and courteous, it was one of the rare occassions I said it was a pleasure to meet someone and meant it

americans tried to civilize the afghan people

look, they even made books to teach them to count

truly the most selfless nation in history

>Khyber Pass used to be a big part of the hippy kombi trail
>now it's terrorist breeding ground

kind of makes you laugh, in a strange way

You can lead the horse to the well, but you can't make him drink from it. Evo Morales thinks Bolivia having a $3095 per capita GDP is just great so long as their shithole isn't disturbed by foreign influence (gibe back sea though).

And yet, you have no problem living in a Western, democratic, capitalist, Americanized country on welfare, Habib.

the famous Australian banter

you must be fresh off the boat

American foreign policy during the Cold War was the equivalent of hiring Lucky Luciano to take out Al Capone.

>Nixon visits China in 1972
>they go overnight from being dirty commie scum to cute little blue-suited guys on bicycles who play table tennis
>never mind that Mao's China was far more chaotic and repressive than Brezhnev's Soviet Union, or that 100,000 Americans died fighting the Chinese in the Korean War (the US and Russia have never directly confronted each other on the battlefield) or that China had assisted North Vietnam against the US
>and that the sudden US-China rapprochement in the 70s had no effect whatsoever on China's continued support of the regimes in Hanoi and Pyongyang or their designs on Taiwan

>What even happened over those years?
Saudi Arabia, Qatar, UAE found oil, became wealthy and had the possibility thanks to their wealth to expend Wahhabism more and more and was helped by the Americans because Americans supported them to fight the communists.

Nice, another shitskin diaspora found this thread.

good argument I now see why he is wrong

That's the Canuck Iranian and his proxies.

All same arguments and phrasing.

>What even happened over those years?
The jews did this

probably a commie propaganda pic

>1972
That's several years before the Soviet invasion.

Intervention, not invasion