Why do atheists have funerals?

Why do atheists have funerals?

Why do worshippers of atheism get dressed up in suits, dress up the CORPSE ITSELF in a suit, hold moments of silence/reflection, all in a formal ceremony for what the atheist religion dictates is nothing more than decomposing matter?

Theists' belief of man's transcendent worth answers why they do.

What is the atheists' answer?

>thisiswhatatheistsactually belief.jpg
You're profoundly retarded. This has nothing to do with atheism.

Why do atheists do anything friend?

>worshippers of atheism
maxkek.jpeg

>What is the atheist's answer

Cause I feel like it faggot

this has everything to do with it

I know... a troll... but I bite.

Having a funeral is not worshipping a god or an expression of religion at all. It's just a goodbye for a loved person - making it a special event (wearing suits) to honor the memory of the dead.

I'm a christan and I perfectly understand it. What is your excuse, OP.

Because it's a near-universal cultural norm. Normal atheists and agnostics don't get bent out of shape about funerals, Christmas, etc.

Atheism is actually absence of belief. Not believes nothing happened. Of course some things happened. And even if we don't have an answer for why/how life started, it doesn't mean that believing in a deity is a sufficient response.
To answer your questions
>Mourning, animals do this as well, do you think Guinea Pigs and rats believe in god?
Guinea Pigs will sit on their friend and cry for them.

HA HA HA TROLLED YOU, YOU BIT HAHAH FUCK ATHIESTS THO AHAHH FUCKING TROLLED LOL GET REKT

>worshippers of atheism
My fucking sides.

A lot of atheists I've known didn't have funerals like that, OP.
Not that it really has much to do with it though.
A funeral is for the people 'left behind'. Not for the dead, in that sense.

Atheist or not, people who are still living usually want to 'send off' or 'honor' the person they knew that passed away, and celebrate that person's contributions and accomplishments that they made throughout their life.

It's a bit more complex than that for me. There is no "afterlife" but you live in a very real way through the lasting effects of your actions. A funeral is the time where we decide how we will collectively apply the memory of this person in the future.

Yep. This is the only reason we do things truly. Because we feel like it. Even religious people have this, they only do things because they feel like it. It's weird that they seem to think in order for freewill to exist there has to be a god that's all knowing and all powerful, whereas the atheist believes freewill exists because there's nothing that's all knowing and all powerful.

Better question. Why is atheism culturally the epitome of relativism?

because it is important to have ceremonies of closure, remembrance and celebration of the life now gone. These are human needs and desires. Religious funerals do the same thing, except they add on the false comfort of lies about an afterlife.

and most atheists don't go for the whole suit and steel coffin funeral director rip off bullshit. a cardboard box and cremation for me...

why wouldn't we do things - just because we don't believe in the sky fairy does not mean we don't have desires, fears, wants, needs, loves, ambitions, and all that goes with the human condition.

Why do religious people do anything - won't god provide - the lilies of the field - reward the good and faithful?

Atheists know to live life for itself, to the full, to cherish the brief time we have, to appreciate the rarity of human life and its importance.

some of us don't believe in freewill either... physics and chemistry, that is all there is. some chaotic stuff, and random stuff, but it is all predestined.

because absolutism is irrational?

Than those individuals perplex me.

Atheist funerals arnt for the dead unless they are quite vain. They are for the living to grieve you souless cunt.

well you would be. your ideas are formed by events beyond your control, so you can't help being perplexed.

we are at best self programmed robots, or perhaps at best unique robots reacting uniquely tot unique world that only we experience.

like looking in a telescope and seeing mars - no one ever in history has seen those photons that went from the sun to the planet and then back and through the telescope and into your eye - you are the only one to ever see that. everything you see, you see uniquely, everything you do or think. but it is all just physics.

>worshippers of atheism
we respect the memory
funeral is a social event
why do u have funerals, u pittiful troll? They left this test and r now in haven. Why do u cry?

What kind of autist doesn't understand these basic fundamental things to human society.

>Why do atheists have funerals?

Do kewpie dolls remind you of God?

>worshippers of atheism

Kewpies are just Heavenly!

I wouldnt mind not having a funeral but I'm not gonna try to convince people not to have one for me.

>the atheist religion

Kewpies are great! Just like God!

Let's worship Kewpies together, shall we?

You go first.

For the sake of the living who need comfort. Funerals don't do anything for the dead, regardless of their philosophies or superstitions.

I find that to be a dishonest representation of my beliefs.

Funerals are a way to grieve and dispose of bodies permanently.

>dress up the CORPSE ITSELF in a suit,

What's it like... to be you?

Atheism is a belief just as much as any other. Humans have traditions that transcend beliefs. That's why many "faiths" (including atheism) share common practices.

Think humanism, worship the flesh, and fucking be happy!

kek