I'm writing a paper about the Zimmerman trial, specifically on the media bias in the situation...

I'm writing a paper about the Zimmerman trial, specifically on the media bias in the situation. I sourced the Zimmerman picture to a mugshot in 2005, but I can't seem to find anything about how old Trayvon was in this picture. I'm positive he wasn't 17 in this picture, and I think I remember somewhere reading he was 12, but I can't seem to find a coherent source. All that comes up is basically the usual "He was a good boy. He dindu nuffin. He was going to church erry day and gettin his life back on track." garbage. Anyway, if anyone happens to have a source for the image, or at least the year it was taken, that'd be greatly appreciated.

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/opinions/five-myths-about-the-killing-of-trayvon-martin/2013/07/03/0d76c176-e368-11e2-80eb-3145e2994a55_story.html
youtube.com/watch?v=bF-Ax5E8EJc
youtu.be/iCE1TpvH_-E
nydailynews.com/news/national/suspect-trooper-death-black-lives-matter-backer-article-1.2360320
usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/07/20/justice-trayvon-martin-vigils-zimmerman/2571025/
legalinsurrection.com/2014/08/misleading-initial-narrative-of-zimmerman-martin-case-applied-in-ferguson/
washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/special/national/ferguson-witnesses/
washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/wp/2015/03/16/lesson-learned-from-the-shooting-of-michael-brown/
yahoo.com/news/blogs/upshot/nbc-fires-producer-over-edited-zimmerman-911-call-201124740.html
cbsnews.com/news/911-calls-released-in-trayvon-martin-fatal-shooting/
cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr63/nvsr63_09.pdf
cnn.com/2016/03/04/politics/donald-trump-protesters-black-lives-matter/
infowars.com/trump-rally-mac-10-submachine-gun-fired-by-black-lives-matter-protester-in-chicago-streets/
theamericanmirror.com/video-protesters-chant-black-lives-matter-while-burning-american-flag/
eeoc.gov/laws/statutes/index.cfm
fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2013/crime-in-the-u.s.-2013/tables/table-43
fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2013/crime-in-the-u.s.-2013/offenses-known-to-law-enforcement/expanded-homicide/expanded_homicide_data_table_6_murder_race_and_sex_of_vicitm_by_race_and_sex_of_offender_2013.xls
blacklivesmatter.com/herstory/
google.com/trends/explore#q=Michael Brown, Trayvon Martin, Jamyla Bolden&cmpt=q&tz=Etc/GMT+4
foxnews.com/us/2014/11/25/ferguson-grand-jury-decision.html
abcnews.go.com/US/george-zimmerman-emerged-hiding-rescue-family-trapped-suv/story?id=19735432
abcnews.go.com/US/trayvon-martin-shooter-teenager-gun/story?id=16000239
washingtonpost.com/local/public-safety/former-marine-au-student-says-he-was-beaten-in-racially-motivated-attack/2016/02/16/c12c0ee2-d4ec-11e5-b195-2e29a4e13425_story.html
thegatewaypundit.com/2014/08/breaking-michael-brown-was-a-local-gangster-seen-flashing-gang-signs/
edition.cnn.com/2013/07/10/justice/florida-zimmerman-backlash/index.html?hpt=hp_t2
ebony.com/black-listed/entertainment-culture/samuel-l-jackson-says-i-voted-for-barack-obama-because-he-was-black#axzz4934bFGaM
cnn.com/2015/08/08/politics/bernie-sanders-black-lives-matter-protesters/
cnn.com/2015/07/18/politics/bernie-sanders-netroots-nation-black-lives-matter/
ncsl.org/research/education/affirmative-action-overview.aspx
washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/08/21/ferguson-police-investigate-shooting-death-of-9-year-old-girl
whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2013/07/19/remarks-president-trayvon-martin
whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2014/08/12/statement-president-passing-michael-brown
washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2015/08/24/i-was-a-civil-rights-activist-in-the-1960s-but-its-hard-for-me-to-get-behind-black-lives-matter/
breitbart.com/big-government/2016/03/11/black-lives-matter-activists-take-online-victory-lap-over-trump-rally-shutdown/
breitbart.com/big-government/2016/03/31/black-lives-matter-protestors-burn-american-flag-minneapolis-shooting-decision/
usatoday.com/story/news/2016/01/18/black-lives-matter-protesters-block-sf-bay-bridge/78984818/
census.gov/newsroom/releases/archives/voting/cb09-110.html
census.gov/quickfacts/table/RHI225214/00
justice.gov/tribal/pr/percentage-local-police-officers-who-were-racial-or-ethnic-minorities-nearly-doubled
infowars.com/top-black-lives-matter-activist-we-will-incite-riots-everywhere-if-trump-wins/
usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/03/27/10894561-zimmerman-accused-of-domestic-violence-fighting-with-a-police-officer?lite
youtube.com/watch?v=0coS3aPafNY
youtu.be/Ebu6Yvzs4Ls
youtu.be/yynV1T1b3mg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Well he looks young as shit here as well, so he couldn't have been younger than 12 or 13 in that one. probably a school ID photo-

Actually I think it's that time he went to space camp visitors pass

He wasn't 12 he was 14 in that pic
This is at 17

That's not trayvon
The picture in OPs post was a family photo

Thanks for the tip, I'll keep looking. You're right, there's no way he's older than 14 in that picture, and there are certainly more recent photos like pic related.

Source on the age? I believe it, I just want a linkable source for the paper I'm writing.

Upon further research the Martin family claims he was 16 in the photo
I personally don't buy it

But...
>Martin family attorney Benjamin Crump told me in February that the Hollister T-shirt photo of Trayvon was taken in August 2011, when he was 16 years old. That was six months before he turned 17, on Feb. 5, 2012. He was killed three weeks after that.

Not getting any leads with the space pass thing unfortunately. Thanks for the suggestion though

>photos the media never showed you

If that's true, he aged like 4 years in 1 years time, so I'll hold out hope for a different source. Otherwise, I can still make a case that photos existed at 17, just not a strong as I could otherwise.

washingtonpost.com/opinions/five-myths-about-the-killing-of-trayvon-martin/2013/07/03/0d76c176-e368-11e2-80eb-3145e2994a55_story.html
Well that's where I got it
Again, I don't buy it
From this to
This in 1 year
I don't think so Tim

I've got that mentioned actually. I'm working on a second draft. The paper itself is actually a recreational project about why race relations turned to shit from 2008 to present, how pretty much all of it was bullshit and why the current take from the black perspective is only making shit exponentially worse.

I'll definitely source this for the facts that he didn't use racial slurs and that he wasn't told to defy orders. I guess I'll just show the less flattering pictures and make the case of bias in choice. But yeah, it's bullshit.

The paper itself follows a general progression of

2008 presidential election - people vote for Obama because he's black

2012 Trayvon - "murder" "white Hispanic" "racist" etc. Media bias

2014 Brown - "Hands up" "Gentle Giant" etc.

Current Blacklivesmatter - Domestic terrorist organization built on faulty premises with a much more anti-white narrative than pro-black.

If you can think of anything I left out I'm always willing to amend.

youtube.com/watch?v=bF-Ax5E8EJc

stephens video on it is the first and last thing you need to watch on the subject.

it is literally flawless and if you repeat the points you can win anyone over

Thanks m8. I'll watch it now.

The worst thing about it all
I'd probably argue that most (talking about 90+%) of blacks think Zimmerman murdered him, racially profiled him and the events that took place either looked like youtu.be/iCE1TpvH_-E Or the one clip which I can't find of the black "jury" lady on HLN that basically said Zimmerman chased trayvon and shot him while he was begging for his life

You can probably add this one

You can't win over blacks with facts
The victim complex is too strong in then

kid enjoyed pot and second amendment rights. whats the issue?

>illegal firearm
>illegal drugs
>what's the problem

Yeah, I know a lot of people who think that. I remember someone made a really good point that they had a much stronger case for 2nd degree manslaughter since Zimmerman was in control of the situation for a long time beforehand, but they went straight to murder charges and that fucked them over, almost like they wanted him to go free to make a point that courts are racist. Then there's that one bitch that talked about listening to wet grass and you can easily tell most if not all was bullshit.

Who was that again? Was that the guy who died in police custody or something?

I'm in trade school for electrical, so I'm not really trying to sway anyone in particular. I just know that this place opened my eyes a lot about issues like these, but a lot of things are unsourced so I wanted to give back by compiling more information on them for those who do actually care about the opposing arguments.

See

He shot and killed a trooper
nydailynews.com/news/national/suspect-trooper-death-black-lives-matter-backer-article-1.2360320

Also, the charge of 1st degree murder in the state of Florida includes the lesser charge of manslaughter

What are the Included Offenses of Murder in Florida?
First degree murder (premeditated) 782.04(1)
Second degree murder (Depraved mind) 782.04(2) – Zimmerman’s charge
Manslaughter 782.07
Second degree (felony murder) 782.04(3)
Third degree murder (felony) 782.04(4)
Vehicular homicide 782.071

he just sold the gun for $120K, put that in it

I was planning to actually, because he was absolutely right about Trayvon's parents being shitty parents who capitalized on their son's death. They trademarked his fucking name. Good on Zimmerman for selling the gun and trying to fight BlackLivesMatter and Clinton.

They accused him of all of that? Topkek no wonder he got off.

Also thanks very much for the source, that one I didn't know about but every bit helps. If you want I can basically post my current bibliography to show what I've got so far.

Do it

Bacon, J., Friedman, J., Solis, S. and Vorwerck, M. (2013, July 21). 'Justice for Trayvon' Rallies In 100 Cities Across USA. USA Today. Retrieved from usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/07/20/justice-trayvon-martin-vigils-zimmerman/2571025/

Branca, Andrew. (2014, August 14). Misleading Initial Narrative of Zimmerman-Martin Case Applied in Ferguson. Legal Insurrection. Retrieved from legalinsurrection.com/2014/08/misleading-initial-narrative-of-zimmerman-martin-case-applied-in-ferguson/

Brittain, A., Kindy, K., Kelly, K. and Somashekhar, S. (2014, November 28). Did Michael Brown Charge? Eyewitnesses Paint a Muddled Picture. Washington Post. Retrieved from washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/special/national/ferguson-witnesses/
Capehart, Jonathan. (2015, March 15). ‘Hands up, don’t shoot’ Was Built On a Lie. Washington Post. Retrieved from washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/wp/2015/03/16/lesson-learned-from-the-shooting-of-michael-brown/

Carpenter, Wendy. (2012, April 7). NBC Fires Producer Over Edited Zimmerman 911 Call. Yahoo News. Retrieved from yahoo.com/news/blogs/upshot/nbc-fires-producer-over-edited-zimmerman-911-call-201124740.html

CBS Crimesider Staff. (2013, July 12). 911 Calls Released in Trayvon Martin Fatal Shooting. CBS News. Retrieved from cbsnews.com/news/911-calls-released-in-trayvon-martin-fatal-shooting/

Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2015, August). National Vital Statistics Reports Volume 63, Number 9 Deaths: Final Data for 2012 (Publication No. NVSR63-09). Retrieved from cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr63/nvsr63_09.pdf

Diamond, Jeremy. (2016, March 4). More Than 2 Dozen Black Lives Matter Protesters Disrupt Trump Rally. CNN. Retrieved from cnn.com/2016/03/04/politics/donald-trump-protesters-black-lives-matter/

Dice, Mark. (2016, March 12). Trump Rally – MAC-10 Submachine Gun Fired By Black Lives Matter Protester In Chicago Streets. Infowars. Retrieved from infowars.com/trump-rally-mac-10-submachine-gun-fired-by-black-lives-matter-protester-in-chicago-streets/

Ekberg, Olaf. (2015, July 4). VIDEO: ‘Black Lives Matter’ Protesters Burn American Flag. The American Mirror. Retrieved from theamericanmirror.com/video-protesters-chant-black-lives-matter-while-burning-american-flag/

Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. (2016, May). Laws Enforced by EEOC. Retrieved from eeoc.gov/laws/statutes/index.cfm

Federal Bureau of Investigation. (2013). Arrests by Race, 2013. Retrieved from
fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2013/crime-in-the-u.s.-2013/tables/table-43

Federal Bureau of Investigation. (2013). Murder Race, Ethnicity, and Sex of Victim by Race, Ethnicity, and Sex of Offender, 2013. Retrieved from
fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2013/crime-in-the-u.s.-2013/offenses-known-to-law-enforcement/expanded-homicide/expanded_homicide_data_table_6_murder_race_and_sex_of_vicitm_by_race_and_sex_of_offender_2013.xls

Garza, Alicia. (2016, April 15) The Creation of a Movement. BlackLivesMatter. Retrieved from blacklivesmatter.com/herstory/

Google Trend Data. (2016, May 18th). Comparing Michael Brown, Trayvon Martin, and Jamyla Bolden Search Interest Over Time. Google. Retrieved from
google.com/trends/explore#q=Michael Brown, Trayvon Martin, Jamyla Bolden&cmpt=q&tz=Etc/GMT+4

Gunshots, Looting After Grand Jury in Ferguson Case Does Not Indict Officer in Michael Brown Shooting. (2014, November 25th). Fox News. Retrieved from foxnews.com/us/2014/11/25/ferguson-grand-jury-decision.html

Gutman, Matt and Shaw, Alexis. (2013, July 22). Zimmerman Emerged From Hiding for Truck Crash Rescue. ABC News. Retrieved From abcnews.go.com/US/george-zimmerman-emerged-hiding-rescue-family-trapped-suv/story?id=19735432

Gutman, Matt and Tienabeso, Seni. (2012, March 26). Trayvon Martin Shooter Told Cops Teenager Went For His Gun. ABC News. Retrieved from
abcnews.go.com/US/trayvon-martin-shooter-teenager-gun/story?id=16000239
Hermann, Peter and Gibbons-Neff, Thomas. (2016, February 16). Former Marine, AU Student Says He Was Beaten in Racially Motivated Attack. Washington Post. Retrieved from
washingtonpost.com/local/public-safety/former-marine-au-student-says-he-was-beaten-in-racially-motivated-attack/2016/02/16/c12c0ee2-d4ec-11e5-b195-2e29a4e13425_story.html

Hoft, Jim. (2014, August 14). BREAKING: Ferguson’s Michael Brown PICTURED Flashing GANG SIGNS. Gateway Pundit. Retrieved From
thegatewaypundit.com/2014/08/breaking-michael-brown-was-a-local-gangster-seen-flashing-gang-signs/

Karimi, Faith. (2013, July 10). 'Raise Your Voice, Not Your Hands,' Cops Urge As Zimmerman Verdict Looms. CNN. Retrieved from edition.cnn.com/2013/07/10/justice/florida-zimmerman-backlash/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Kyles, Kyra. (2012, February 13). Samuel L. Jackson Says, "I Voted For Barack Obama Because He Was Black!" Ebony. Retrieved from
ebony.com/black-listed/entertainment-culture/samuel-l-jackson-says-i-voted-for-barack-obama-because-he-was-black#axzz4934bFGaM

Merica, Dan. (2015, August 10) Black Lives Matter Protesters Shut Down Sanders Event In Seattle. CNN. Retrieved from cnn.com/2015/08/08/politics/bernie-sanders-black-lives-matter-protesters/
Moody, Chris. (2015, July 19). Democrats Lose Control Of Presidential Event. CNN. Retrieved from cnn.com/2015/07/18/politics/bernie-sanders-netroots-nation-black-lives-matter/

>hating on the herbal aryan

National Conference of State Legislatures. (2014, February). Affirmative Action Overview. Retrieved from ncsl.org/research/education/affirmative-action-overview.aspx

Nobles III, Wilborn. (2015, August 15). Bullet Fired Into Home Kills 9-Year-Old Ferguson Girl Doing Homework. Washington Post. Retrieved from washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/08/21/ferguson-police-investigate-shooting-death-of-9-year-old-girl

Obama, Barack. (2013, July). Remarks by the President on Trayvon Martin. Retrieved from whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2013/07/19/remarks-president-trayvon-martin
Obama, Barack. (2014, August). Statement by the President on the Passing of Michael Brown. Retrieved from whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2014/08/12/statement-president-passing-michael-brown

Reynolds, Barbara (2015, August). I Was A Civil Rights Activist In The 1960s. But It’s Hard For Me To Get Behind Black Lives Matter. Washington Post. Retrieved from
washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2015/08/24/i-was-a-civil-rights-activist-in-the-1960s-but-its-hard-for-me-to-get-behind-black-lives-matter/

Stranahan, Lee. (2016, March 11). Black Lives Matter Activists Take Online Victory Lap Over Trump Rally Shutdown. Breitbart. Retrieved from
breitbart.com/big-government/2016/03/11/black-lives-matter-activists-take-online-victory-lap-over-trump-rally-shutdown/

Stranahan, Lee. (2016, March 31). Black Lives Matter Protestors Burn American Flag Over Minneapolis Shooting Decision. Breitbart. Retrieved from breitbart.com/big-government/2016/03/31/black-lives-matter-protestors-burn-american-flag-minneapolis-shooting-decision/

Toppo, Greg. (2016, January 19). 'Black Lives Matter' Protesters Block S.F. Bay Bridge. USA Today. Retrieved from usatoday.com/story/news/2016/01/18/black-lives-matter-protesters-block-sf-bay-bridge/78984818/

United States Census Bureau. (2009, July). Voter Turnout Increases by 5 Million in 2008 Presidential Election, U.S. Census Bureau Reports Data Show Significant Increases Among Hispanic, Black and Young Voters (Publication No. CB09-110). Retrieved from census.gov/newsroom/releases/archives/voting/cb09-110.html

United States Census Bureau. (2014, July). QuickFacts United States. Retrieved from
census.gov/quickfacts/table/RHI225214/00

United States Department of Justice. (2015, May). Percentage of Local Police Officers Who Were Racial or Ethnic Minorities Nearly Doubled Between 1987 and 2013. Retrieved from
justice.gov/tribal/pr/percentage-local-police-officers-who-were-racial-or-ethnic-minorities-nearly-doubled

Watson, Paul. (2016, March 16). Top Black Lives Matter Activist: ‘We Will Incite Riots Everywhere If Trump Wins’. Infowars. Retrieved from
infowars.com/top-black-lives-matter-activist-we-will-incite-riots-everywhere-if-trump-wins/

Zimmerman Accused of Domestic Violence, Fighting With A Police Officer. (2012, March 27). NBC News. Retrieved from usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/03/27/10894561-zimmerman-accused-of-domestic-violence-fighting-with-a-police-officer?lite

>He wuz goin' to be an astronaut n' sheeit

Basically started with Obama and how that reminded everyone that public racism was even a thing, and how he got votes specifically for being black. (Not sure if I should even bother sourcing the Ebony interview with Samuel L. Jackson here).

Then onto the bullshit with Trayvon and Brown, and how Obama had to address the nation and make these national news stories for no real reason when plenty of other people died in similar or worse circumstances, and how this falsely paints the narrative that blacks are primarily victims of racist whites (or "white hispanics") and not each other. Then moving on to BlackLivesMatter, which I haven't started on that section yet because originally I moved onto how all this I'd just do seperate papers on those subjects eventually anyway.

I plan on doing a much more scientifically sourced paper on how race is more than a social construct and how Lewotin is a fallacious Jew, but I already started this one so I want to finish it first.

You're right. That post was kinda stupid.

Reminded me of
youtube.com/watch?v=0coS3aPafNY

Nice, if I cared about this I would save the shit out of all that info. Pretty thick base son

>illegal drug
>not old enough to own a handgun

Thanks man. I'll probably post the finish product(s) here at some point. Once I'm done with the second draft I'm going to go back and add in some more sources that back up current ones if possible, especially on federal statistics and major news articles if I can. I'm also considering switching to MLA,and I'm not sure if I want to make a thesis and go that route or just try to keep it general. I'm not bound by classroom regulations, but I want it to be decent in case I try to publish it somewhere or something.

One of the best videos on this subject
youtu.be/Ebu6Yvzs4Ls

Bill Whittle no longer does Afterburner since PJTV is shutting down but on his last episode he even mentioned it youtu.be/yynV1T1b3mg at 4:44

> but I can't seem to find anything about how old Trayvon was in this picture.

I remember reading somewhere that the family attorney claimed that photo was like 2 months old or something.

If you're interested in the media manipulation that went on during the Trayvon/Zimmerman fiasco, check out The Conservative Treehouse's archives on Ryan Julsion, the information collected there is eye opening to say the least.

Cheers for the tips.

Pretty sure he was 12 in that picture but only like 70% sure

10/10 video, definitely going to mention the drink bit.

Captcha: Select all grass kek

I'm probably going to go to bed since it's getting late here, but I'll check the thread archive in the morning if anyone wants to keep looking, or message me on my Sup Forums Twitter @bruhreallytho

Thanks for all of the great sources though, and I'll be sure to share the final piece when it's done.