Mount Eerie - A Crow Looked At Me

>listening to this album for first time ever in bed with girlfriend
>we´re both cuddling in bed with tears rolling down our faces
>the song ´swims´comes on
>"But then only two months after you died....
Our counselor died"
>girlfriend starts loudly laughing for over a minute
>have to turn off album

>girlfriend
>G I R L F R I E N D

wh a t th i s

Shes a keeper. Only based women can detect numalecore

wow this board is getting more and more normie

kek

I giggled at this a little, to be honest.

bro, why dont you have a girlfriend??

are you fat

just ugly

i think you may be cute :3

dick pic? (not to be gay_

yo desu i laughed my first listen too. life is so absurd and sad and ridiculous sometimes it's all you can do. then i cried like a bitch when
>my daughter asked me if mama swims
>i said yes she does

Unironically. Is anyone else bothered by that part of the song because he says that the counselor's

>office was packed up like her work was done

... as if the counselor's life had no more to it than Elverum and his wife. And it's heart breaking all around, I'm not really in a position to judge. It just seems like Elverum reduces the counselor's entire life worth to her ability to help his wife. I'm just asking for what y'all think

I think its safe to say the guy who wrote the album is an egotistical douche bag

This but unironically

I feel like in the wake of something that traumatic i can understand feeling that way.

>DUDE MY WIFE DIED LMAO

>DUDE WHERE'S MY WIFE?

>DUDE MY WIFE USED TO LIVE HERE LMAO

Do people seriously not get that line? because this is literally the point.
The whole album is filled with examples of Phil trying to fit the trauma and chaos of his life into something coherent. This thing about the counselor dying, as well as the entire thing about "What about foxgloves, is that a flower you liked?" in Seaweed are intentionally lame attempts at creating meaning. Phil's aware of that the geese really were just hungry, he knows the counselor was a real person, but he needs a story to tell himself, something that would give Genevieve's death meaning and cosmic significance.
The irrationality of this also corresponds to Genevieve's turn to occult and magic belief systems after her diagnosis. She locked herself in her room and did fortune telling and so on all day, leaving Phil to do deal with all the harsh realities of their position. These lines about geese, foxgloves etc. might then be taken as Phil admitting that he understands why she reacted how she did. How he's become the dependent to his friends, in the same way his wife became dependent on him.

this

>>we´re both cuddling in bed with tears rolling down our faces
sounds incredibly gay
is this what having gf makes you? a fucking numale?

i laughed at that too the first time i heard it
so fucking unlucky it's almost funny

>be me
>wife dies of cancer
>decide to make entire album to try and obtain some closure
>write all the lyrics in the most blunt way possible, to document exactly how i feel and how it happened
>my counselor dies two months after my wife does, leaving me without someone to help manage my grief
>include it in song
>open Sup Forums's music board because i had heard my music was talked about often, wondering what people had to say
>guy's gf laughs at my counseler dying part
feels bad man

:(

nice.