Why does everyone here think this is a bad album? perfect rock album if you ask me

why does everyone here think this is a bad album? perfect rock album if you ask me

I definitely wouldn't call it my favorite AM album by any stretch of the imagination, but yeah it gets much more shit than it needs to. Doesn't help that it's 10x as successful as any of their other albums

I don't, but I'm in the minority.

It may have somewhat to do with when I first listened to, related to it a lot during that time and was meaningful to me.

Overall I'd give it like a personal 8/10.

this. i have so many memories associated with this album, its almost hard to listen to it. but a great collection of songs for sure

It's the All The Right Seasons of this decade. Loved by dumb teenagers and kids.

yeah I saw a thread earlier today and quite a few people were giving AM shit. I personally think Humbug is better but AM is still a great album

>AM is still a great album

it is. ur just an edgy contrarian

All the songs sound too similar to make a it a good album. They also used the verse>chorus>verse with no guitar>chorus structure in almost every song which didn't help.

But some of the songs on there are bangers

Nope, the album's hot garbage. God this board has gone to shit, people are actually unironically defending AM.

give me some reasons why you think its bad

I don't think anyone here is saying that it's a masterpiece or particularly incredible, just that it doesn't deserve just how much shit it gets around here.

I think it's a case of people disliking the audience the album struck a chord with the most as opposed to evaluating and forming an opinion based entirely on the music.

I just never liked the direction they were going after FWN. Humbug and SIAS were decent but not for me, and AM for me feels like the culmination of factors that I dislike about them thrown into one record. However, I can hear it's still pretty good so I understand the hype.

A lot of people say that it's "generic". Can anyone name other albums which have this hip-hop influenced rock sound? Or which sound similar in general?

The album is fine but it is so bland. Nothing more than a. R U Mine is a banger though

Fireside and Snap Out of It aren't good. Rest is.

Normie-tier shlock cock butt rock
I really like all of their other albums though, including SIAS. Alex Turner's a good songwriter when he's not trying to throatfuck the listener with his "sex appeal." Leave that to actually good looking people, ya fuckin bong.

This album is so sapped of their characteristic boyish charm and visceral energy, I'm pretty sure more effort went into maintaining alex turner's greasy barnet than writing genuinely good material. I had no idea they could turn into such massive swaggering bellends

>hip-hop influenced rock sound

>Rock

Because it's one of the records you hate at first listen but it gets even worse the more you listen to it. You will probably realize it in a couple of years. It's pretty much really generic QOTSA-esque rock you listen when you're 12.

Tame Impala currents