Is there anyway to improve your intelligence or are you stuck with what you've got?

Is there anyway to improve your intelligence or are you stuck with what you've got?

Other urls found in this thread:

projecteuler.net/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

read more from various sources.

Pick a subject you are interested in and read about it. read everything you can about it. even the stuff you might not agree with.

Try smoking crack. Have you tried smoking crack? Christopher Columbus was smoking crack when he discovered America, it'll probably help you too.

open a book nigger

What do you need to improve it for exactly?

You're brain is like a muscle, you need to exercise it to make it stronger

Read up on classic literature and study different topics. Of course this requires effort and most dumb fucks wont bother, myself included...

The problem with me is I'm not interested in anything.

When I have a conversation with someone it's like a fucking meme and it usually doesn't go anywhere.

I have no idea how I still have friends lol. If I do read something when I try to explain it to them I usually fuck up the context and they are left confused

By asking this shit you prove it's too late for you

Read more books. Not popfic, i mean read literature.

Also, start playing Tetris for an hour a day.

why would reading classic literature make you more intelligent? i just think that doing things that challenge your mind and require mental effort regularly would be the only thing that would increase intelligence

Do psychedelics open your third eye, become woke

I want to improve the following:
>reasoning abilities
>critical thinking
>articulation
>social abilities

I have a job in recruitment and some friends/ family but my social ability sucks ass. I never did good in school and whenever I'm near any serious discussion I don't know what to say so usually won't say anything

dont eat for a couple of days

Pick a subject that you just don't understand and research it.

Like fucking magnets, how do they work?

as far as how youre tested, of course. Learn/practice mathematics and you will see a boost in your overall score on a standard IQ test.
There are many types of intelligence, and many that its hard to measure. I dont think its feasible to try to become "wiser" as such, but as long as you listen and learn over time, you will.

This tbh. The best thing a parent could do for a child if they want them to be smart is to forced them in situations where they needed to think critically so they can build those skills

What is illuminosity.com

Learn a programming language. and try to solve problems on projecteuler.net/

Well not really. Reading literature opens you to new ideas, views, increase your language, etc.

While pointless exercises, like those apps that supposedly increase your brain are proven to not work.

That was luminosity.com

Im a dumbfuck my dude idk I see what I consider to be intelligent people do this so I thought it was for a reason

Trying to solve programming problems forces you to be creative with problem solving. It will definitely shape your mind to think more logically

everyone has to start small. there's no shame in not understanding things, as long as you try to do so at least. what kind of picture books are you reading?

You can accumulate knowledge to compliment your intelligence (,or lack of).

But your intelligence is never getting better. Just worse when your brain decides it's time to stop. Make the most of it and focus on getting smarter and more knowledgeable.

This.

Reading a lot will make you much more knowledgeable, which is a large part of appearing intelligent to others, though not necessarily being smart

I wouldn't know, user. You ca'nt improve on perfection.

Naw man, you were right. If the literature is considered classic it's gotta be a profound piece of work and therefore probably challenging and worth a read. I mean when you stop and think about it if we bothered to remember it, it must be great. If i buy some wide rule paper and Elmer's glue and put together a soft cover that is just the word buttsecks over and over do you think anyone is going to bother remembering that?

What level are you? I'm sure your DM can give you quests for better stats. Do you have a good modifier at least?

do a sport regular---> better blood circulation in the brain, more oxygen....

You are a piece of shit and should kill yourself.

>reasoning abilities
like becoming a better debator? enter debates, watch lawyers debate/lecture students
>critical thinking
lolgitgudscrub
>articulation
READ, a lot of literature which involves in depth descriptions of things, something like the lord of the rings is good as it details the world in rather intricate ways
>social abilities
see reasoning abilities.
otherwise don't bother, people suck and they always will, avoid them like the plague for anything outside of necessity

Play d&d with some people who are more focused on rollplay and plot with a secondary pursuit of combat. Dont just play with people who want to nerd out on dice rolls, play with people who are looking at the bigger picture and story arc.

If you mean your IQ, then I don't think so because it tests how you think rather than what you think or what you know. IMO that's the tests biggest downfall, you need to be able to categorise in the same way the test maker does or you lose points.

For example,
Q: Which is the odd one out?
A: A Domestic Cat
B: A Snake
C: A Bear
D: A Wolf

The answer is B in most modern IQ tests because it isn't a mammal and has fewer than 4 legs.
However from a different perspective the Cat could be the odd one out because it isn't a dangerous animal to come across and the rest are, which is obviously more relevant if you live in a rain forest or somewhere similar.

Snake ain't got no legs either, son

This would actually address all of your issues OP
If you can't find a group to join, there's lots of YouTube stuff to help you learn to DM it yourself

0 is fewer than 4.

Lol it's not even guro.

yes, and the answer my friend is in LSD.

take copious amounts and you should find enlightenment

There's a million ways to learn user

>take a class if you want to know more stuff
>go to a church or temple or whatever if you want to open your mind spiritually
>take drugs if you want to expand you perceptions of the world
>eat clean, drink lots, sleep more and work out if you want to increase your mental capacity physically
>meditate if you want to know yourself more

>social abilities

Simpliest thing on earth.

1. Pretend to be interrested in the lifes of people you are talking to.
2. Dont't try to be funny, cool, tough etc if they barely know you.
3. Don't brag.
4. Don't talk about yourself too much.
5. If someone asks for a favour, do it and pretend you actually enjoy doing them (but dont let them exploit you. If its too big you can say no)
6. Don't try to talk about things which only a certain group of people like
7. KEEP YOUR POLITICAL VIEW TO YOURSELF
8. If you have this edgy Sup Forums humor, also keep it to yourself. Many people dont like this.

How can I learn to pretend people aren't as boring as cardboard?

gotta find the right bobblehead

having a "high capacity brain" does not do shit for you if you're not training it regularly
a low capacity brainlet can outperform someone with higher potential when there's a large discrepancy in effort put into its maintenance

Try huffing glue werked for me now I god!

in other words
gay words to be specific:
just explore your own potential

check'em

Thanks for the clarification, I would never have guessed those words were gay otherwise.

Get an engineering degree of some sort.

Seriously- it teaches you how to think logically.

By acknowledging you are also as unique as interesting as cardboard and you and these people have something in common

Gay words are sneaky like that, you I LOVE SUCKING COCK never know when they're going to hit

Don't you love when your brain is out of it, and stupid shit like this makes you unable to stop laughing?

Maybe I'm expecting too much of people by thinking they'll offer something more interesting then that time they went grocery shopping on Tuesday.

through the practices of meditation and mindfulness you increase your range of perception which in turn cultivate deeper intelligence.

You are, most people dont like sharing their innermost complexities to people they barely know unless they are a bumbling anti social autist like myself

Juggling is shown to increase mental capacity. Try juggling breh then you can find out how magnets work

So this means we're anti social, even though we want a deeper social relationship than most?

Or fidget spinrar.

Its a sad state of affairs we find ourselves in my friend

knowledge is often mistaken with intelligence.

this is something you can rely on to make yourself well seen, if the general appreciation of other person makes you feel better.

No. Stop.

That's OK. Most people aren't any better informed than you. Just talk about how evil Trump is and how much you admire the Kardashians.

Well I feel slightly less depressed at realizing how low the bar is. Someone ought to call James Cameron.

Well iq is fluid and changes as you age weither it drops or increases is almost random but you can sway it

no shit sherlock

It's real life, right?

so you are suggesting, that the brain is somewhat like a cock.

genius here.

-eat almonds everyday.
-try to read a book (any subject that's above your typical reading level, i stick to genius/successful ppl biographies/philosophical works, anything that's really different from what you experience day to day. fiction works too if there's lots of good vocab). even if u read like 20-30 pg a day it's good and you'll get faster and better at it easily.
-write down vocab words that u don't know, look em up, learn them. u don't have to use them in every conversation, but expand your understanding of your language, and that will make u smarter
-exercise daily (i play a sport, but if u don't, just go jogging and challenge yourself here and there with something like sprints, working with weights or whatever you like)
-meditate for ~5-20 min daily if you can. ignore outside things and just reflect on anything. don't worry about your thoughts, just do it for a short time

good luck retarded anons

Your best bet for improving your intelligence is done before you hit puberty. Possibly before you've even turned 7. But don't worry, that doesn't mean you're guaranteed to be a dumbfuck for the rest of your life.

The childhood process can leave us with optimal intelligence or can be littered with stumbling blocks and bad patterns of thinking behaviour, resulting in general stupidity. To combat this, figure out what you do, and optimize that a bunch. Figure out how to make that something that you're capable of engaging with the world on, and then play that angle to the fucking hilt. It'll be your best bet to be hyper-competent at something, but what that is largely depends on what you're naturally impelled to give a shit about.

You stretch your intuition like a rubber band and it never returns to its same dimensions.

Just study.

It's not different from working out.

It will be hard at first, require a lot of concentration and patience.

But with time you will become better, and smarter.

Just remember it takes literally months for you to get better, around 4-6 months, which is why most people give up. (the same happens when working out)

read any books
it works well if you are starting at something 11
i did this (was reading a lot of sci-fi books), and it worked
now I'm in top 1,5 percents on mensa websie
it is pretty useles, but sometimes can make you feel better