Post albums you can't decide whether or not you like them because they are actually good or just down to nostalgia...

Post albums you can't decide whether or not you like them because they are actually good or just down to nostalgia, others decide for you

Any System of a Down album

>asking mu to evaluate your taste based on pendulum
you're just asking for it
i mean i personally mostly like that album (some tracks are really really eh) but you're going to have a hard time reading this thread OP

It's okay.
A couple really good tracks, with a few meh ones.

Overall probably a 6.5, maybe a 7.

With personal feelings in mind, I'd say its acceptable to really like it if you associate it with some important time in your life.

Always wanted to know the answer to this question regarding this album

really all the songs pf that album sound the same

>fasten your seatbelts sounding even remotely close to girl in the fire
>slam the same as out here
Bitch chop off your ears you don't use them in any sensible way.

That shit was insane when it dropped. It's just been overused throughout the years imo.

my pick:
porcupine tree's in absentia

I'm listening to pic related atm and thinking the same thing

the only songs that sounded different were Fasten your Seatbelts and Out Here, every other songs sounds literally the same, maybe Slam, Tarantula and Another Planet sound a little bit different but not that much

I love Plastic World, the title track, Girl In The Fire and Sounds Of Life. Pretty much hate everything else.

Hold Your Colour is goat

im in the same boat for all of pendulum but I know this album was the least streamlined and most unique for them.
mesmerize is objectively good

How about this?

Solid 8/10

Older anons will know just how insane this album was when it dropped. It literally kickstarted a genre into mainstream play, especially outside of the UK. In Aus and NZ Pendulum hit crazy heights, and were daily picks for club bangers.
My pick for an album I can't decide on anymore is Tadpole - The Buddhafinger. Early 2000 Nz rock I'm pretty sure is terrible but I remember it well and still have the cd and concert tickets in the house.

>It literally kickstarted a genre into mainstream play
Australia does it again! Just about everything that becomes popular goes through here

Well d&b was huge in the UK and Europe first (like all bleeps).

this is a good album

and it takes australia to make it actually popular.
AC/DC, Bee Gees, ABBA. We did all this

I'm across the ditch myself but Aus really does produce some crazy good artists. We've got Lorde and Shihad I guess, though I do appreciate that our music leans more toward what's popular in the UK rather than the US

Popular where else?

classic/10

Pic related

PT still holds up very well, especially their 90s stuff

This was the album that got me interested in music, so it's impossible for me to listen to it objectively

I thought that Gorillaz' debut album was better all round, and more experimental for the time. Though I will say that Demon days has higher highs to enjoy in the album. Both are objectively great albums though. Your taste is absolutely fine.

Then it went to America and has some good acts, but it never took off.