Europe vs South America

Who would win in a football match of South America vs Europe, both choosing their best players to take part in their teams representing their continents?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_World_Cup#Results
youtube.com/watch?v=0si2hJLyFtM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I find it very odd that a Brazilian asks this question when the historical final results of the World Cup finals are effectively a running battle between the two continents. More specifically, as you well know, the World Cup is, as far as the world is concerned (it actually isn't but never mind that), the single most important sporting event.

As you furthermore know, Brazil and Argentina have brought home multiple cups in recent decades, however Europe has been more dominant in recent years, even shutting South America out of many finals contests altogether. Top-tier-kick-the-soccer-ball-in-the-hole is played in the Cone, and in Western Europe.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_World_Cup#Results

Sticking with this theme, analyzing the question of everyone all-time who finished in the "top 4" just cements the two regions' dominance in the kick-the-soccer-ball semen slurping sport. Central/eastern/"broader" (Turkey/USSR) european countries have snuck into the top-4 discussion many times, but of course have never realized titles. The real outliers among top-4 finishers are the USA (that asterisk about the original Cup) and South Korea; everyone else is still either Euro or SA (Chile one time I guess).

Want to win at soccer? Come from a place with good weather and comfy Catholic culture I guess.

I know fuck all about soccer, but Europe gets three times as many teams in. They should win more often.

Literally undefeatable.

South America by a landslide.

>no ronald
o i am laffin

>Penaldo
>Useful in important games
O I am laffin too, paddy mick.

>instead puts Hazard in there who's even more notorious for vanishing in important games

This just goes to SA's continued relevance in the sport. They love the sport, they care about it, and they have a large population, so they have the wherewithal and resources to stay relevant in the sport.

There have been 20 world cup finals. Of these, just-shy of 50% (9 of 20) were won by South American countries, three countries against a good ten or so.

Don't get me wrong, 7-1 was very, VERY funny, but Brazil are still good at soccer.

Alderweireld and Glink? No Bounucci or Ramos?

brasil best 11 alone can beat easily best europe

Who would win Australia vs Europe?

>7-1

>7-1
>Daily reminder that the Falklands belong to us.

Ronaldo willed Portugal to their first Euro win from the sidelines. He's way more effective there

>3 years ago

>americans & soccer episode 37

>Brazil are shite in 2017

Not really. Put Germany and Italy in CONMEBOL and Argentina and Brazil in UEFA and you'd see a similar output. Venezuela wouldn't win the WC if CONMEBOL had all its teams qualify, just like half of the 13 UEFA spots have little chance.

>as you well know, the World Cup is, as far as the world is concerned (it actually isn't but never mind that), the single most important sporting event.
>as far as the world is concerned
>(isnt) most important
>>world cup

ERM.... What?

Replace De Bruyne with Marchisio

brazil didn't even play yet this year

>As you furthermore know, Brazil and Argentina have brought home multiple cups in recent decades

stop mate, youre really embarassing yourself

>three-back formations would actually work in real life

This thread is dildos. Who would win if Real & Barca played? Or Manchester United & City? Yeah, it could go either way, because it's fucking football you retard.

Doesn't matter when you play senpai, the golden days of Brazilian football are over.

m8 hazard has never played in an important game

to be fair lad you lot are still fucking furious about something that happened 180 years ago, i doubt brazil have got over it

>European nations have won the World Cup 11 times
>South American nations have won the World Cup 9 times

Not a competition desu

The good times are back.

youtube.com/watch?v=0si2hJLyFtM

The good times are back
>fernandinho
>paulinho
Kek

Both GOAT inhos

If we're referring to this kind of GOAT then yes.

>Paulinho
elite and he is Tite backbone with Renato Augusto

>Fernandinho
doesn't really care, Casemiro is better

r8

>Pique and Umtiti as 2nd choice

lol

>No Hummels

>that formation
>undefeatable

Muh, unironically, sides

>no piszczek

We get bitchslapped 7-1 by the Sudacas with that line-up.

The defence line in particular looks like a gigantic steaming pile of shit. And the second choice defense players is just fuck my shit up sempai

>no Lahm

Are we allowed to bring back players in their prime? If so, we would win easily.
Just imagine a Ronaldo, Romario, Messi attack trio.

Europe's midfield is probably better but the forwards and defense are no contest

Only GODin is good in SA defense.
>inb4 brazilian overhyped memes that get injured before every match

it already happened and Germany won

>No fullbacks

marcelo and alex sandro are pretty good, too bad southamerica doesn't have great fullbacks anymore
>zanetti
>cafu
>roberto carlos
>maicon

marcelo is trash

I miss 2002 Attack formation 2bh

I would unironically put Martín Silva at GK

>a bingy bong actually asked me what I meant
>this thread is still alive and I can reply

Kek. The World Series is the single most important sporting event, user, because winning it is the supreme achievement in the best sport, which is baseball. The word "boreball" is incorrectly applied to baseball on many occasions; it is better reserved for genuinely boring sports, such as soccer.

>ib4 b-but it doesn't involve the entire world waaaaa a bloo bloo bloo

But I do acknowledge that all the rest of you hold the World Cup in high regard.

If you think the reply sounds dumb, then it has to be traced back to the Brazilian OP (you?) who asked a dumb question: "hey guys what about a soccer tournament between Europe and South America"

You already have one. It's called the World Cup (finals). A Brazilian, of all people, should know that.

Replace the Tottenshit defender with Bonucci and you have a good team bar your lack of wingbacks.

Also, even America appreciates Glik, yet SkySports babbys still think Koscielny is good

>single most important sporting event
Baseball is not a world sport. I could organise my Giuseppe's "Throw shit into my bin" tournament and claim it's the best tournament. Doesn't make it true.

>I could organise my Giuseppe's "Throw shit into my bin" tournament and claim it's the best tournament
lmfao
SPQR with the bantz

The quality of a sport has nothing to do with whether it is popular everywhere in the world.

Also, as you probably know, the majority are wrong about things all the time. One of these situations is in believing that soccer is a good and interesting sport, overall.

These are the reasons why your opinion is wrong, and can be safely disregarded.

barzagli hummels pique
LCIM nainggolan modric kante alaba
-----------------------------------bale
lewandoski
well it's essentially a 442 defensively and a 3232 when attacking

alternatively

lahm barzagli hummels alaba
modric kante
LCIM hazard Bale
lewandoski

kante is there because he's tireless and having him is like playing with 12 players. No other player offers that.

considering that the top clubs in europe use mostly european and south american players with a handful of africans and a sprinkle of everything else, aside from Messi you could probably make 2 or 3 equally good teams for each side, and if you had to make 1 single team for each you'd have a bench as good as the starters.

subjetive opinion, the fact is that football is biggest sport event in the world. regardless you shitty opinion.

See to be taken to school on the subjects of logic and common sense. Just because something is popular does not mean that it is actually good, like, say, baseball. Therefore, you cannot point to a thing's popularity as absolute proof of its intrinsic goodness. And the reason why this is so, is because human majorities are often wrong, as I've already said. And on the contrary, people who like baseball better than other sports are simply right for doing so. It wouldn't matter whether baseball were more or less popular.

If a billion people watch a world cup and enjoy themselves, good for them. Those billion are still wrong for believing the sport to be interesting, of course, which is the point - "sooner or later, the ball is gonna go in that hole!".

Who saw that WS game 7? craaazy. No, this is not a casual observation. WS's rarely go to game 7, and are rarely so dramatic, down to the very. last. out. It was easily one of the top-ten all time final Series games.

The USA, dumbass

This team could easily trash any European team tbqh.

>Dy Brawna

You mean they're going to throw their trash and garbage onto the pitch so their family members have something to do after the match is over and they lose?

Yeah, sounds legit.

>mfw that map

>Brazil creates map
>Can't identify European countries

mfw I there is not even a blink of surprise.

but baseball sucks though

>DiMaria
>Casemiro
>Filipê Luis
>Alves
>Ederson
what a pathetic squad

>maicon
>ever good
remember when bale absolutely ruined and essentially retired him?

>glik
>azzar as a wing back
>modric and kroos shielding the defence
Thanks for the laughs America

>soggy old biscuits
>still good
"No."

Belgium.

If coaches have to be from those continents too, then it's a no brainer.

Who is currently the best south american goalkeeper?

You are closer to Greenland, which in turn is closer to Canada.

Therefore you're Americans.

Bravo

Martín Silva

I thought you were memeing but then I realized I couldn't think of anyone better right now.

Btw will there be a Libertadores thread for today's matches?

>Griezmann wide
>No Ramos
>NO ONE from Bayern's defense. Alaba, Lahm, Hummel's
>Busquets over Verrati
What the fuck are you doing?

Historically? South America and this is not debatable.
Nowadays? Hard to say.

When are England's golden days starting Nigel?

Which is quite sad.
And don't misunderstand me. I like Bravo... but his virtues don't overcome his many flaws.

Coates and Gimenez are both better than Marquinhos.

Also any of our keepers are better than
>Ederson
and i'm not joking

The rest is fine, I wouldn't put Dani Alves but I don't think there's anyone else.

Antonio Valencia

Historically, it's still Europe, Brazuca.

11 World Cups to your 9.

Man I always forget about that nigger.

Yeah, definetely.

First of all Europe has a million countries.

Second and more important, pic related
>inb4 whatever you feel like saying because you don't agree with FIFA

I unironically think South America would win as long as they didn't play too many Brazilian and Argentine meme players, Chilean and Uruguayan players are elite.

Sanchez > Neymar all day.

Why not Suarez, Sanchez, Neymar and Messi as 10? Any defense would commit seppuku before the match even started.

Rather have Cavani on recent form. Lucas Moura would be a beast down the right too.

>no joe 'pan hands' hart in net

>americans

Italy and Germany did some serious damage on South American football reputation.

SA have a much better attack but Europe's defence and midfield are superior
and since midfield is the most important area, i say Europe wins

>Italy
but we always shit the bed against South American teams (except for 1982)

>except for 1982
And 1938