I just listened to Slowdive for the first time. If you are a girl btw...

I just listened to Slowdive for the first time. If you are a girl btw, you are excused because they don`t know any better, but otherwise why listen to this? This is easily the most boring and uninspired indie reverbfest I heard in a long time. Why do those people even bother to pick up a instrument to make music like this? It`s fucking nothing.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=i7mEB2wnDLQ
youtube.com/watch?v=BJKpUH2kJQg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I don't think girls even listen to Slowdive.

i like boring reverbfests, they make me feel comfy inside

I have no idea how Slowdive managed to become a retroactively respectable band to listen to.
They were treated as an utter joke by the UK press during their initial years of activity. Everybody fucking hated that band, everybody thought they were effete rich kids making hollow, derivative music about nothing.
Probably has something to do with the fact that the average music press member has himself been an effete rich kid for well over a decade now.

How can someone be so sexist and retarded?

i like it because its sincere boring reverbfests by rich kids with 1st world problems.
they are one of the few bands that got it right.

OP I kind of feel you

I just remember since 2008 every singel time someone on this board would ask for something similar to Loveless someone would post Souvlaki and I seriously don't get it. It doesnt' even hold a candle to Loveless

considering how big utter shit like brit-pop was around that time, i wouldn't hype the musical tastes of people back then.

its better than loveless

Which album did you listen to OP?

Shoegaze is responsible for Britpop in a way, since the initial hype around most of the bands that would go on to become known as part of Britpop had to do with the fact that they were the exact opposite of the tepid, self-involved shoegazer shit at home or the whiny, teen-friendly grunge shit abroad.
After years of Chapterhouse and Slowdive, this sounded downright revolutionary to a lot of people.

youtube.com/watch?v=i7mEB2wnDLQ
youtube.com/watch?v=BJKpUH2kJQg

brit-pop had to happen. shoegaze was nothing but heroin addicts being mopey.
brit-pop brought excitement to ppls lifes

man, i can excuse the average Sup Forumstant bitching about britpop because what they usually mean is 'i hate the songs wonderwall and song 2 and know literally nothing else' but don't fucking drag suede into this you little faggots

I'm not shitting on Suede or Oasis, I like both of those bands.

>attempting to criticize music using the word "boring"

i do

>Just for a Day
>Released 2 September 1991
>Loveless
>Released 4 November 1991

this

brit-pop was literally a bunch of lower middle-class twats acting like bellends, while being shilled by the tabloids :/

>Loveless
>Released 4 November 1991

Silly me, forgetting that Loveless was the first thing MBV ever released.

I think music can definitely be boring
Slowdive isn't though

it's typically regarded as the most "influential," and the one that many other shoegaze bands are supposedly derivative of. i'm not sure why shoegaze is the only genre where people are so quick to call artists derivative for sounding vaguely similar its most popular and "definitive" album

>I think music can definitely be boring
it's an utterly meaningless criticism

this should be obvious when you consider that most normies will use the term to describe pretty much anything that isn't shorter than 4 minutes and slightly above midtempo

here's my take on it. "boring" is such a lazy fucking word to use, it literally either means "i cannot come up with any creative way to actually meaningfully criticize the music," "i have the attention span of a small child," or "i am a small child." shut the fuck up, sit the fuck down and listen to it again and pay attention. on any given album, there's so much there for you to dig into, no matter how "shallow" and "boring" you might think it is. jesus christ people here are so fucking eager to shit on music, it's like they're actively trying to avoid enjoying things. nothing new of course.