Ok Sup Forums so here's how it goes

Ok Sup Forums so here's how it goes...

You are given $1,000,000 cash. What do you do with it?

Invest? Retire? Cocaine and hookers?

I'm curious because between 6-10 months from now I will most likely (knock on wood) be finding myself in this situation.

I personally would invest in CD's (both long and short-term), buy me a fucking Tesla because I'm a dick, and maybe if I feel like it, I'd like to open a popular burger franchise from where I was born in the city I live now. And that's just for starters.

Also, I'd love some feedback on my plan. How can I maximize this opportunity?

I would pay my loans, get a pretty good house, and a decent car. The rest of money I'd probably use to franchise a restaurant or something.

Bumping because of my serious curiosity.

That's another part I forgot to add. I will first and foremost be paying back student loans and all debt.

And buy a key of some fire coca.

invest 100,000 in bitcoin
donate 100,000 to the comic book legal defense fund
donate 100,000 to the eff
donate 100,000 to the organization my friend works for
invest 100,000 into woodworking and blacksmithing equipment and machinery for my friend who is into those things
put the other 500,000 into savings/safe investments
wage slave for 20 more years or less if i stop wanting to live

I wouldn't donate shit.

For sure giving my mom and brothers money though

>pay debts
>buy car
>give besties some cool shit
>buy decent house
>invest
Real estate is super volatile, so a decent investment with enough research.
Gold can be volatile under the right circumstances (war threats, etc)
Stocks are great, just don't ever trust an investment firm, they're literally always going to fuck you.

Do everything through a lawyer. Especially gifting if you do any. Even to family.

Treat yourself AFTER your investments are made or you may get carried away.

Start a good steakhouse and eat free every day.

buy bitcoin for 1 million dollars 8)

other organizations and my friends know how to use large sums of money better than i do so it'd really go to waste sitting in my bank account even though i literally seem to be doing that with half of it.

Can you please explain how firms fuck you over?

My buddy who worked for one didn't recommend doing it.

buy land in some kind of untouched country
build a house
live there

Stop paying rent and lease to own your own home. Live small and dont buy stupid luxury items. Invest a chunk of the cash and make your money stretch until you can cash out

I like the steakhouse idea for sure!

Would lawyer-ing up really be necessary when gifting money to family?

>invest
>CDs
Pick one, you moron.

You arent broke, which is a temporary state. You're poor, which is a permanent state, because you're stupid, which is also a permanent state.

buy a house,a better pc,invest some and buy myself a rubber vag(im not kidding im really poor atm) i may would sell my car for a better one and buy some anime figurines

BANACEK!

I'd probably stay part time for some time and retire very early. Keep cheap spending habits and keep my lifestyle very similar.

essentially they play with the market with your money in order to help the firm make money and if you lose your investment you're screwed.
there was a recent issue with a pretty sizeable firm getting caught doing it but I honestly can't find it right now.

I'm putting money into something. Therefore, I'm investing into it.

Go start a white-hate thread you cuck. Either contribute or slide that supple ass on a Saguaro.

pay homeless ppl to do retarded shit

Same as anyone. Pay off debts. Buy a good spot of land. Enjoy my life (lol)
Prolly open a bar to be honest, and drink myself to death in it

CDs? What will you earn from them, 2%? That is a really poor investment choice. You should put it into some mutual funds, there are a lot of those that make over 7%. Besides that, you need about $1 million cash and other liquid assets to open a franchise. Not to mention that the Tesla costs over $100,000.

Go back to school, and buy myself my dream car.
>pic related.

That's fucked. No wonder he didn't recommend it.

1. invest in CDs
2. go broke when the DVD is invented

That's why I started this thread. Thank you for that. Didn't know mutual funds paid that type of figures. As for the Tesla I don't want the fancy one. A used 2013 one would be perfect. And the franchise I would want to open requires only 300k in assets

I would spend $1million
>> enjoy getting shit tons of it back due tax credits (one sec)
>> buy $1million worth of solar panels
>???
>profit

I would just sit back and collect the cash

Hire a well-reputed CPA with a contractual fiduciary responsibility.

do yourself a favor and discuss this with a CPA before you spend the money lol

Spend a moderate amount on a moderate place of living with at least some promise of long-term profit.
Spend a decent amount on home security.
Buy a cheap but decent vehicle.
Pay off debts.
Set aside a small annual budget for a slightly better quality of life; no more eating $1 shit, but hello eating $10 bulk shit.
Invest/save the rest using insider knowledge, find a decent lawyer to make bureaucracy work in my favor in case of accident or other incident/s.
Continue to work.

buy about 25K of silver
hide it very deep into a mine,
buy for 25K worth of bitcoin.
get a licence for a plane
buy a Seaplane

invest 10K into a meth lab,
run it and make money out of it.
give lot of money to lot of people including Sup Forums people.

build myself a secret bunker far in the yukon,
stock pile some food there. in case shit go very wrong.

A million dollars isn't as much as you'd think. People think it's a lot because they don't understand inflation, $1,000,000 in 1913 was $25,000,000 in today's money. These means don't quit your house or rack up expenses, you're not rich.

Try to buy rental properties, flip houses(if you're good with tools or know somebody close), or buy a franchise(if you have a business degree)

Check out the T Rowe Price and Vanguard funds. Even a simple S & P index fund has averaged better than 7% over the past 10 years. Some funds from T Rowe have returned 10% or better.However, DO NOT use an insurance company. They are just thieves.

>invest in CDs
May as well sew it into a mattress.

Put 80% into a decent REIT and spend quarter of the distributions. With luck, you should get about $16K/year after taxes with enough growth to match or exceed inflation.

$1M cash is not rich anymore, user.
When I was a kid, $16K would have bought a house. Just imagine what it'll cost to buy a house when you're an old fart.

My.

Nigga.

Also my favourite. You got it from Bullitt, right?

*job.

Pay off my house. Bank the rest for kids college. Keep on trucking

Dub Dub

True on the not a lot of money part. I don't plan on balling out like that. I live pretty modestly already so I think this money really just opens doors to investing a lot quicker than my normal job would.

Does he mean like music CDs?? Or is thday what you guys mean by flats i.e. Condominiums?

Wine, women and song. Squander the rest

Other organizations?
You mean charities?
They would piss your money down the sewer and spend it on sjw causes.
Fuck that, do a George Best.

get a SRT Demon instead, they're actually pretty reasonable, and also holy fuck fast.

I would buy a nice brand new semi and put the rest into a NASDAQ index fund.
Then I'd hit the road and enjoy the rest of my life truckin on.

Certificates of Deposit.

Google.

Comfortable modest house bought and paid for, reliable car paid for, invest and save and just keep working towards other goals. With 1 million, if done right and proper and with some work involved, could retire pretty easily

no, i just love the look of the old mopar cars. Plus dukes of hazard was a badass show.

My first million, I built a house, a half section, and 2 new cars.

Since then, I have bought the other half section, and put 9 mil in the bank.

Now retired living off of 9 million in municipal bonds @ 5% interest. Roughly 450k per year.

thats why i named specific ngo's that don't piss it away which further agendas that i support.

Ta. Cant be bothered google but i kinda know what you mean

buy the house now mcshitter mcveiyyyy
"save your money" oy vey
we all know why colleges are always building new construction. get with it fartfuck

underrated post

Love that ear. Chevelle SS 1970's probably my second

Alcohol. and meth. Until death

Heres what I would do:
>Donate some of it
>invest half if it into marijuana companies for a good stake that way when the shit booms all over the country I would make a fuck ton more money to keep investing
>pay off any debts in my immediate family
>use the rest to buy myself an awesome house and property.

>Be me 20 years from now
>Billionaire from investing money all the time into pot and stocks
>life is gud

I would enlist the services of a financial professional who knows a lot more than I do, tell him I want to turn this million dollars into as much money as I can without ever doing another day of real actual work until I die.

this and two others.

>put it all in an offshore bank (swiss,bahamas,etc)
>live of 5-10% interest
>?????
>profit

Go to a professional financial advisor.

Also el Camino. not sure if that's hipsster these days but I've loved it since I was a kid

>>-10% intrest are you retarded?

intrest doesnt go up even past %0.8

Mmmmmeeeeeeeeeettttttttthhhhhhhhhh in my nose ahhhhhhhhhhh

A mill isn't enough for that anymore.

Unless you could live off of 50k or less.

oh for sure. kick ass cars.

Invest in a submarine and explore the most unexplored part of the planet.

Put 500k into various index/hedge funds, 100k in bitcoin, 300k into some apartment complexes, and play with the rest modestly. Most importantly I wouldn't tell anyone, and continue to live like I am now.

Not the most exciting answer, but that's what I would do.

Plenty of savings accounts give 1%+

I already have a career, so why do I need more college?
Besides, the cost of college these days is getting pretty close to equalling the added income you would get from a college degree. And no - not everyone is cut out for an engineering degree, son.

Home ownership is actually a bad investment. After years of taxes, maintenance, insurance, etc.. the average home barely gains value - despite double digit rises in housing costs.

What you don't understand is that I'm a trucker. I live in a truck. No house, no property, no mortgage, no insurance, no taxes, no utilities, no cable, no maintenance, no car, no car insurance, no gas, no car maintenance, no plates, none of that shit. All I got is money rollin in. Why the fuck would I give this up? By the time they pull my ass out of my truck, I'll be going straight into a retirement home cause I'll be too old to demented to take care of myself - let alone keep a house up.
Either that, or they'll pull my ass out just to bury it.
I'm already doing what I love doing. Why retire when you're already having the time of your life? Am I supposed to quit having fun so I can say I'm retired? Fuck that.

I'd switch the 500 and 300k's

posting tits

Do more of that

You got it, slick.

Thank you everyone for the contributions. My fap folder, in return.

quints

A whole bunch of hookers and cocaine.

milf edition?

Ok. One million dollars. Easy. I pay the 500 dollars to get my license fixed. I spend 30000 on a mid 2000s free candy van and outfit it into a livable space. Invest 500 thousand into bitcoin. Take the rest and travel the country in my van getting drunk smoking weed and having adventures until until I decide to stop and build a house somewhere. Chill for the rest of my life

it was feedback on your advice, not career. I hope you have a huge fart in that truck of yours, fartfuck! I wasn't giving you advice! College is one of the worst investments! I was talking about becoming A SLUMLORD AND TAKING OVER THE COMMUNITY AND WE WUZ KANGZ AN SHIEET NIGGAAA

Would for sure throw it all into some cheap stock. Like those penny stocks from the wolf of wallstreet

Hella stocks in a company should be tight, i'd be loaded in like 4 years

THIS SHIEET IS RIGHT OWN MA NIGGAAAAUUAAA

wE WUZ KANDY KANGZ IN THE MID 200S

>penny stocks

Just fucking gamble it away. More fun that way.

This is already basically my plan, minus the 500000 in bit coins. So a million dollars just saved me having to wage slave another few years to do it

I try to turn that million dollars into more millions all while living comfortably, more so each year as I increase my net worth

hell yea man. drop a big log for andy sixx

I might just bust to this one

Nah, changed my mind.

Buy love.

I was in a similar situation earlier this year (but what I got wasn't quite as much). I made enough at my job to support myself comfortably already so I used the new funds to pay off my debts and invested all the rest. That might not seem exciting, but the stock market has been doing so well this year and my net worth is growing rapidly. The money goes fast if you start spending it on stuff you don't need. Time is on your side. It is best to invest it now, because you can always spend it later. Also have a will prepared just in case something happens to you

why invest in CD's? that's ancient technology but it will never really gain value when vintage.